vlad666

Cantwell omitted from squad

Cantwell not in today’s squad but has nothing to do with transfer speculation according to Connor Southwell. 

56BA59E8-20C0-4A6E-852F-F5253952567E.png

What a load of nonsense. Even if he wasn’t starting he’d be on the bench. Particularly as Dowell is out also. Common Connor wake up pal

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Another big rumour on a matchday. Has someone got an agenda against the club?

Theres more than one 'someone' with an agenda against the Club, Hermano. Just read this message board.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

There's absolutely no chance that Cantwell would be left out of the entire squad for 'selection' reasons. If he isn't injured, and he clearly isn't or we would've been told, then something is afoot.

Yeah I agree with dowel injured he would be either starting or on the bench , I think he'll be off now.

If it’s based on team selection (which I highly doubt) I imagine he’s either asked for a move or not been putting it in on the training ground. No way would he be dropped completely from the squad otherwise. Going to be an interesting few days. 

A £15m bid from Leeds according to Yorkshire press. Clearly way off the mark financially but perhaps TC has told them he wants to go. I would expect £25m for a young English midfield player who scored that many goals for a relegated team. 

15 million plus decent add ons for Todd, and we consequently get to keep Pukki & Buendia?

Entirely hypothetical of course, but - yep, I'll have some of that please.

• Like 3

Am surprised for him to be omitted from the squad, although wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting on the bench today as he hasn’t done great in the first two games. If the reason that Todd has been left out really isn’t due to transfer speculation I can only guess that it must be because Farke wants to play a different formation/tactics or they’ve had a little argument in training.

We all know how much we love Leeds - demand £40m+ from them!

I agree with others who say it's highly doubtful he wouldn't at least make the bench. However, he hasn't looked engaged in the two matches we've played. Maybe I'm being unfair but it has seemed to me that his mind is elsewhere and that he's just be doing enough without being highly motivated. 

8 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Am surprised for him to be omitted from the squad, although wouldn’t be surprised to see him starting on the bench today as he hasn’t done great in the first two games. If the reason that Todd has been left out really isn’t due to transfer speculation I can only guess that it must be because Farke wants to play a different formation/tactics or they’ve had a little argument in training.

We all know how much we love Leeds - demand £40m+ from them!

Being honest and maybe harsh but in the two games played he's looked like an England player in one of the friendlies before an international tournament. Doing the minimum while trying not to get hurt and miss out on what's to come

Edited by seanthecanary
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

downed tools in training apparently... seems contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days.

How do you know he downed tools in training is this real , or just your considered opinion.

It's probably not gonna be a small 15m bid from Leeds that has done it. 

Either there's been a decent bid come in for him or he's had a tantrum and Farke has put him in the naughty corner. 

8 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

downed tools in training apparently... seems contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on these days.

WASSGORON IN TRAYNIN!!???

• Like 1

It was always likely there would be a lot of activity right up until the end of the transfer window. Perhaps Webber has told Leeds to do one but for this game Cantwell doesn't want to play.

Lose Emi as well and we can kiss goodbye to promotion.

15m would be a steel. Why do I always feel that we sell our players far cheaper than other clubs? 

Do I overrate our players or are we really that bad at getting money out of other clubs?

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

15m would be a steel. Why do I always feel that we sell our players far cheaper than other clubs? 

Do I overrate our players or are we really that bad at getting money out of other clubs?

Which players do you think we've sold on the cheap over the years??

To question whether this is about a possible transfer and not team selection is hardly an agenda against the club. When was the last time Todd never made the match  squad for tactical reasons? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To question whether this is about a possible transfer and not team selection is hardly an agenda against the club. When was the last time Todd never made the match  squad for tactical reasons? 

Spot on.

This must have legs.