Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Drmic and Leitner playing for U23's

Can't find a home so just using them as we are paying them or is there any chance either will be be here for the season. 

With Dowell now out for however long maybe Leitner can do a job again, oozed class in the Champs before. 

23 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Can't find a home so just using them as we are paying them or is there any chance either will be be here for the season. 

With Dowell now out for however long maybe Leitner can do a job again, oozed class in the Champs before. 

There's an obvious advantage to giving them some game time to keep them fit - makes it more likely another club will take them - and if Pukki and Idah were both to rule themselves out for the season by going in too hard for a 50/50 in training we'd still have Drmic to play for us (places tin hat on for utterly predictable wave of Drmic insults and jokes). 

Leitner just back from operation, it was said  that there was plenty of interest from Germany for him, so maybe it's just getting fitness levels up?

4 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Leitner just back from operation, it was said  that there was plenty of interest from Germany for him, so maybe it's just getting fitness levels up?

Maybe but why not do that over with one of the interested clubs 

38 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Maybe but why not do that over with one of the interested clubs 

He couldn't play for another club while he was still our player (unless he was on loan of course). 

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And Drmic scores. 🙂 

I wanted to see Drmic play at this level but the signing of Hugill suggests thats unlikely.

And assuming we want to get wages off our books then it makes massive sense to keep them fit and also in the shop window, scouts will be able to watch im sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He couldn't play for another club while he was still our player (unless he was on loan of course). 

I realise that, I was referring to getting fit with another club not playing matches

Leitner may still have a future with City one midfielder already down.  If there are spaces in squad of 25 of over 21's to be named it would be churlish to leave out a talented option especially if he is being paid.  That is of course we can fit him in presuming squad not finalised until transfer window closes.  It may help him to get a move eventually can't see any of the 3 moving before close of window so City to pay all 3 for doing nothing.  Nice to see they are considering playing with the kids only good for them. 

45 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I realise that, I was referring to getting fit with another club not playing matches

Fair enough, but you often hear footballers and coaches saying there's nothing like match fitness. 

12 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Fair enough, but you often hear footballers and coaches saying there's nothing like match fitness. 

For the record I'd actually prefer us to keep him and use him. 

I think in the Championship he'd be a huge asset for controlling games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

For the record I'd actually prefer us to keep him and use him. 

I think in the Championship he'd be a huge asset for controlling games. 

Yep, totally agree. 

7 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Yep, totally agree. 

Leitner for home games + Trybull for away games = guaranteed promotion . 

Pfft, this football management lark is easy.

6 hours ago, Orly said:

Leitner for home games + Trybull for away games = guaranteed promotion . 

Pfft, this football management lark is easy.

Agree. Better to have them in the current climate although one clearly wants to move home the other has burnt his bridge

I'm guessing Trybull may be closer to sealing a move then? 

Yes it's in out interests to keep players match fit, but not if there's a move that a small injury could mess up 😉