Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

£10 to watch the bournemouth game

I thought the only games that would cost were going to be the 3pm saturday away games, its a blow considering it should have been on sky

12 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I thought the only games that would cost were going to be the 3pm saturday away games, its a blow considering it should have been on sky

It is a shame but I'm assuming the club now loses out on money they would have got from being on Sky.

11 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than attending the game!!!

I would much rather pay more and be at the game

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I guess we can’t complain too much at having to pay for away games, but the ‘rules’ did seem a bit convoluted.  

For away games if we sell loads we get get loads of revenue. If we sold 10,000 we would get 9500 £5’s. For home games we get all revenue for home supporters buying ( we are quite unusual in having season ticket holders as most clubs did not sell them ) ( appreciate the club are giving them free ) the first 500 away supporters, then 50% of additional away following. 
Hopefully we will see less advertising of illegal streams as this money ( especially for the smaller clubs ) will be vital.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

For away games if we sell loads we get get loads of revenue. If we sold 10,000 we would get 9500 £5’s. For home games we get all revenue for home supporters buying ( we are quite unusual in having season ticket holders as most clubs did not sell them ) ( appreciate the club are giving them free ) the first 500 away supporters, then 50% of additional away following. 
Hopefully we will see less advertising of illegal streams as this money ( especially for the smaller clubs ) will be vital.

Well b back - Thanks for trimming down my post about this on the ‘ Crowd to Return  thread. I didn’t realise there was irrelevant stuff on there.

There’s been less stream advertising on here recently as City 1st seems to have taken another sabbatical from the board. 

No doubt he’ll be back shortly 😫

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well b back - Thanks for trimming down my post about this on the ‘ Crowd to Return  thread. I didn’t realise there was irrelevant stuff on there.

There’s been less stream advertising on here recently as City 1st seems to have taken another sabbatical from the board. 

No doubt he’ll be back shortly 😫

Lol
You did well to find that link I had looked for something similar since Saturday.

Really it probably warranted a thread of its own as every week you will see that same question coming up and the usual suspects telling people to use other streams and then saying the club doesn’t spend any money. 

Nope, it was quite clear in the documentation from the club. Season ticket holders will get home games and all away MIDWEEK games for free. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Nope, it was quite clear in the documentation from the club. Season ticket holders will get home games and all away MIDWEEK games for free. 

Yep, that's what I had read too.

The corresponding article on the NCFC website would suggest differently. 

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/ifollow-matches-to-be-streamed/

"Season ticket holders will receive a complimentary match pass for all matches except away matches that kick off at 3pm UK time on a Saturday. For those games, season ticket holders will be required to purchase a £10 match pass to view the broadcast." 

This is to help protect grassroots football that typically kicks off at 3pm on a Saturday, so you go and watch Norwich Utd instead of sitting at home watching a stream. 

Edited by Matt Juler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

"Season ticket holders will receive a complimentary match pass for all matches except away matches that kick off at 3pm UK time on a Saturday. For those games, season ticket holders will be required to purchase a £10 match pass to view the broadcast." 

This is to help protect grassroots football that typically kicks off at 3pm on a Saturday, so you go and watch Norwich Utd instead of sitting at home watching a stream. 

Says not  3pm Saturday , Bournemouth is 4pm Sunday, should be free for ST ?

9 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

That’s exactly what I read. All games other than 3pm sat away games should be free to ST holder’s. The info re the charge for the Bournemouth game came from the live chat link for ifollow on the canaries website

16 hours ago, city4eva said:

Where does this information come from? 

18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Where does this information come from? 

Read the link posted above. It is clear 4pm Sunday kickoff should be free. Unless the club's website is wrong.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Read the link posted above. It is clear 4pm Sunday kickoff should be free. Unless the club's website is wrong.

I quite agree. I'm just wondering where the information in the original post comes from. Was it from the club? If so, I must have missed it 

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

That’s exactly what I read. All games other than 3pm sat away games should be free to ST holder’s. The info re the charge for the Bournemouth game came from the live chat link for ifollow on the canaries website

It also says:

"And as part of the new framework, all 2020-21 Norwich City season ticket holders will also be granted free access to home (both weekend and midweek) and away (midweek only) live match broadcasts, including those selected for Sky Sports coverage, on the iFollow platform."

I suspect that the midweek only is the rule that applies? But yes, the site is ambiguous.

16 hours ago, Well b back said:

You'd hope so.

People have gotten far too used to getting things like this for free without having to consider actual consequences. 

• Like 1

I think the confusion is due to there originally being no weekend games in the schedule that are not 3pm Saturday kick-offs, and typically in the Championship when a game is moved to either an early or late kick-off on a Saturday, or anytime on a Sunday, it's because the match has been selected by Sky Sports (which I believe would then mean there would be no free iFollow stream for season ticket holders).

This is quite a unique situation due to the game being moved not for Sky Sports, but because of the League Cup game being played on Thursday evening, so it's a non-Saturday 3pm match that isn't on Sky Sports.  Based on this, I'm expecting an email tomorrow with my free code for the match, but time will tell...

I know I asked this the other day and its a separate point to whether the Bournemouth away game should be free because its not 3pm on a Saturday but have the club ever clarified whether we get all these streams for free PLUS a credit for every game we can;t attend. Personally I donlt see why that should be the case and had assumed that for all the home games we take up the option of the stream for then the £10 would come off any credit (so we'd get a credit of £18 for each home game we can;t physically attend) but others seem to have suggested that the streams are free on top of getting a full credit for each game we can;t go to.

I've not actually seen confirmation/clarification of the above set out clearly anywhere. I don;t really see why we get free streams for any away games if we are getting £28 back for every home game we can't go to. If thats the case then i would be quite happy to pay for away streams if it helps the club.

Club website confirms its £10 for this one as was originally scheduled as a saturday game. Bit of creativity there but as I have said I don;t see why season ticket holders should get streams free for any away games if they are getting refunds for all home games they can;t attend. I think the club should be charging and seeing this as a potential revenue stream, albeit a relatively modest one. Perhaps is a case to give away members some free away streams. 

The huddersfield stream was mixed but thought the pne one worked well, sound and vision snyced and no noticeable lag.   hopefully that level of service continues.

• Like 1