Hitman

Where will Norwich finish?

Hallo everyone. I like Norwich but the main reason i opened this thread is a betting one. Where do you think Norwich will finish at the end of the season? I am among a top 6 finish(safer) or a promotion.  I like the roster. Full with many young talented players. Same coach, the spine is the same, some good additions that give depth especially in a trimmed season where a lot of games will be played in close margins and big rosters will play their part. My only fear is if Norwich wants to go up. If they want to fight for a return to PL because they think its impossible to stay up and bored of losing like last years end of the season.

Edited by Hitman

yes i have done my work. Ben Godfrey, Max aarons, Todd Caldwell and Buendia. No one knows if they still will be here and if not, who replaces them. Even Pukki is a great asset.

Edited by Hitman

My view also is that the season will not finish in the way that we want ..... see the news on Leyton Orient today with 18 players testing positive.

In my opinion you can never predict where a team will finish at the start of the season, as the gap between top and bottom is too thin and you can never predict when players will get injured/suspended, sold or how new signings will turn out. Who was expecting us to win the Championship in the 18-19 season? Stoke were the favourites at the start but didn’t even manage to make the playoffs. Last season Sheff Utd were one of the favourites for relegation but nearly made Europe.

I think the earliest you can predict is about midway through the season and that’s only if they are a significant number of points ahead/behind other places in the league. The most I can say on where I think we will finish with the current squad we have is top half, although there’s no guarantee on that, if we’re about 15pts ahead of 7th place in January, I would probably say we stand a fair chance of getting promoted, but if sport has to stop again due to COVID-19 like others have suggested I don’t think I’d have a clue

Edited by HazzaJet

2 hours ago, Hitman said:

yes i have done my work. Ben Godfrey, Max aarons, Tom Caldwell and Buendia. No one knows if they still will be here and if not, who replaces them. Even Pukki is a great asset.

Maybe a bit more homework is required? I'll give you a grade C+; you got 3/4 correct... 

Realistically though I would be very surprised if we don't finish in the top 6 and realistically got to be looking at a top 2 finish for automatic promotion. We've done what we should have done last season and strengthened in the areas where we were lacking, thus far the core of the squad has been kept together - although of course still 3 weeks for that to change - which few of the other big clubs in the Championship have managed to do; and despite every team being hit by the current Covid clusterphuck, our parachute payments and EPL prize money, even for last place, plus a sensible financial position probably makes us one of the few clubs in a position to spend decent money if and when it's needed. 

3 hours ago, Hitman said:

yes i have done my work. Ben Godfrey, Max aarons, Tom Caldwell and Buendia. No one knows if they still will be here and if not, who replaces them. Even Pukki is a great asset.

Who is this Tom cantwell? 

Not much work done. 

Based on the negative hangover we’re still going through, 6th would be an achievement.

Really need a reset and back to moving the ball faster and pushing up the field, we’re not playing Liverpool anymore!

37 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Who is this Tom cantwell? 

Not much work done. 

Scouters are watching this thread, i dont want them to scout the real players and suggest them to their bosses. i want a Norwich with its current strength

Edited by Hitman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hitman said:

yes i have done my work. Ben Godfrey, Max aarons, Todd Caldwell and Buendia. No one knows if they still will be here and if not, who replaces them. Even Pukki is a great asset.

With the squad we currently have, I'm pretty confident of a top two finish, but that's a lot of talent that we could still lose. 

4 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Come back and ask again when the transfer window closes - until then nothing is certain or predictable.

Do you give refunds if the predictable certainties turn out to be incorrect.?

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

With the squad we currently have, I'm pretty confident of a top two finish, but that's a lot of talent that we could still lose. 

I know. Thats the gamble. But if the majority stays, and the first results are good, the rates will drop. Bookies are ruthless,

I said 1st place finish before the season started, but am losing confidence in that prediction. If we lose Buendia and don’t replace I really don’t think we will.

Outside of top 6 is a failure.

If we can get a couple of decent balls into Pukki and he starts scoring and gaining confidence, top 2, else top 6.

Not many teams in this league can live with us over a season.

Now the window has closed we can concentrate on the job at hand - our style of play requires some practice and match fitness, unlike lumping the ball aimlessly forwards.

We are doing well playing really nice football  , But i feel something is missing

, i can not explain what but the strikers one who is new i will admit don't seem to be firing 

i am Worried that Pukki is no where near the same player he once was confidence ? maybe if he got one ?

i dont agree with Farke saying pukki must play even if not scoring etc

a non scoring striker can not keep in the team when other players might assist and score  ?

get the attack sorted and i am sure we will be top 4 otherwise we might struggle and be as low as 10th 

If the season finishes without collapsing I think we will win it. At the moment we are like a car engine on a winter morning, not properly warmed up and spluttering along in the early stages of the season. But there's plenty of glimpses of the smooth running engine coming through and the team selection gelling. Pukki's injury is a bit of a worry but Idah and Hugill offer alternative solutions. Other outfield players are chipping in goals, the defensive midfield is shaping up. Fingers crossed for no injuries to central defense. Overall I think we will be better quality than the promotion team of two years ago. 

• Like 1

I’m taking a Lakey stance and anywhere from 24th to 1st.....hedging my bets! But I’m pretty sure it’ll be between there somewhere.😉

Injuries will be the deciding factor.  Cover in certain areas are fragile especially in goal at CB and LB.  If the CB's can handle the many games in a few days NCFC will be in the promotion shake up.  The result yesterday showed we need patience to overcome parked buses as Derby and Brum brought to Carrow Rd, expect this for rest of season will be easier away from home.