Well b back

Tottenham V Orient

After Orients game on Saturday several of their players tested positive, so many in fact that they will not be able to raise a team, as things stand, for their cup game against Tottenham. The game however will not be rearranged but awarded to Tottenham as there is no time allocated for this type of scenario. 
Interestingly therefore does that mean Orient will lose essential monies ? But more importantly does anyone know the rules in the EFL and EPL ? Surely by doing the right thing you shouldn’t be penalised. In the FA cup in particular is that not encouraging teams just to tell their players only let us know if you are not fit enough to play ?.

2 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

More interestingly, I understand that it followed a game with Plymouth, who our under 23s recently played. Any cause for concern???

I mean if you are between 18-40 and athletic you should be fine and have a very low chance of catching it, more likely to catch a cold.

... buuuut we have had quite a few players catching it including Gundogan recently, so this is starting to worry me more than the normal lines the goverment enjoy giving out such as above

32 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

More interestingly, I understand that it followed a game with Plymouth, who our under 23s recently played. Any cause for concern???

The report is now out, it seems they played Mansfield Saturday and Plymouth last midweek. 
This report also brings some points about testing that I didn’t know and asks the question why is this allowed without testing ?. Were they tested because somebody was positive or were they tested because they were playing the mighty Tottenham and EPL players cannot be exposed to the virus, unlike our league 1 and 2 clubs. Surely as the EPL got so much money out of project restart they should be giving some of this to at least make league 1 and 2 football safe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237123

31 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The report is now out, it seems they played Mansfield Saturday and Plymouth last midweek. 
This report also brings some points about testing that I didn’t know and asks the question why is this allowed without testing ?. Were they tested because somebody was positive or were they tested because they were playing the mighty Tottenham and EPL players cannot be exposed to the virus, unlike our league 1 and 2 clubs. Surely as the EPL got so much money out of project restart they should be giving some of this to at least make league 1 and 2 football safe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237123

They were tested because they're playing Spurs, it's happened with all lower league clubs v Premier ones in the Cup with the Premier league sides footing the bill. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

mean if you are between 18-40 and athletic you should be fine and have a very low chance of catching it, more likely to catch a cold.

Not true. You are just as likely to catch it if young and fit, just  less likely to be adversely  affected.  Some young people have reported severe lung capacity  reduction, long after recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks WCork. That is really duff info and could help explain why we are where we are.👍

• Like 1

The handing of the match to Spuds follows what happened to my sons team.  They lost 12 out of a squad of 16, not to Covid itself, but just because the kids were in isolation.  Bloody semi final of last seasons cup for them as well (they rolled it over to thus season)!  Just think if an FA cup final rides on it!!!!

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The handing of the match to Spuds follows what happened to my sons team.  They lost 12 out of a squad of 16, not to Covid itself, but just because the kids were in isolation.  Bloody semi final of last seasons cup for them as well (they rolled it over to thus season)!  Just think if an FA cup final rides on it!!!!

Which brings up another interesting point. If league 1 and 2 players are not tested are the rules also different re isolation ?. Should all the other Orient players now be isolating ? Or are they allowed to go about their normal business ( away from matches and training grounds ) spreading it to the community in general ?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean if you are between 18-40 and athletic you should be fine and have a very low chance of catching it, more likely to catch a cold.

... buuuut we have had quite a few players catching it including Gundogan recently, so this is starting to worry me more than the normal lines the goverment enjoy giving out such as above

As I understand it everybody can actually catch it.

It is the severity of the experience which is the problem. Young fit people do not suffer as much, if at all, as the elderly or those more vulnerable for other reasons.

The biggest question  of all is why is it allowed that money can buy a test and a jump to the head of the queue when we are unable to provide quick testing to healthcare professionals?

No wonder the Country is on the brink of lockdown again  

Gobsmacked to read this on the BBC.Astonishing the FA aren't putting players safety first

This season, English Football League clubs do not have to do mandatory coronavirus tests on their players and staff.

I feel sorry for the smaller clubs like Orient who have to pay for the tests themselves. It's unsustainable at their level, especially with no fans providing income. The FA just haven't thought it through

• Like 1

Rule of Six not imposed on football then even without testing.

What exactly does T&T involve? Footballer gets it after test. Why aren't his teammates required to quarantine for a period? Why is the club penalised?

• Like 1

Because we have a brainless idiot as PM. I stopped short of saying he is in charge because he plainly is not in control of anything.

• Like 2

I must say I thought project restart had certain conditions which included testing twice a week ( or however often ) but I stand to be corrected. These guys are in close contact with each other throughout the week. Now I get young people rarely as bad ect, however what is already being shown is if one gets it several seem to get it ( Man City tonight ), they then go home, give it to their wives and kids, who in turn take it into schools. Would love to know what the R number is amongst these groups. 
On a separate note are league 1 and 2 games all on live like the championship games ? If not they are not even risking theirs and their families health to entertain us, and are not even getting income from internet sales, to help pay for tests.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I must say I thought project restart had certain conditions which included testing twice a week ( or however often ) but I stand to be corrected. These guys are in close contact with each other throughout the week. Now I get young people rarely as bad ect, however what is already being shown is if one gets it several seem to get it ( Man City tonight ), they then go home, give it to their wives and kids, who in turn take it into schools. Would love to know what the R number is amongst these groups. 
On a separate note are league 1 and 2 games all on live like the championship games ? If not they are not even risking theirs and their families health to entertain us, and are not even getting income from internet sales, to help pay for tests.

Obviously some channels show EFL matches but not all so I assume the clubs are getting the same income they always receive. But once again I assume that money doesn't cover their costs.

Some clubs must be sweating despite any wage cap.

What a shambles.

Orient wanted to play kids so they could get the tv revenue and weren’t allowed, yet would Spurs have played any first teamers ? this would have seen Orient financially ok for a few months. It does ask the question again what is the point of this competition ? We were made to play with 15 on international duty. You also have to ask the question why didn’t we tell Bournemouth to do one when they asked to move this weekends game to Sunday.

Indeed a shambles. This won’t be the last , why did they try and cram a full season and all the cups in to such a short window.

On 21/09/2020 at 19:04, duke63 said:

The biggest question  of all is why is it allowed that money can buy a test and a jump to the head of the queue when we are unable to provide quick testing to healthcare professionals?

No wonder the Country is on the brink of lockdown again  

You answered your own question there- “money”

1 hour ago, city4eva said:

Indeed a shambles. This won’t be the last , why did they try and cram a full season and all the cups in to such a short window.

Probably because they should have never restarted last season and I am not saying that just in case we would have stayed up.

I would have accepted PPG as a means to an end during a crisis. But the greed of football was so evident. That is why it sickens me about taking the knee etc. Just about the most hypocritical act yet.

To paraphrase Orwell, all football is equal but the EPL is more equal than the rest.

• Like 1

I wonder if this would have had the same outcome had the mighty Spurs had the problem. As mentioned in the thread around Bartley Reds the FA are becoming a laughing stock and clearly don’t give a toss about players that in effect pay their wages. Be interesting to see what happens due to their game being called off tomorrow.

More clubs like Bartley Reds need to start standing up to the FA.

Spurs get cup match bye after opponents test positive

Tottenham Hotspur have progressed to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup without kicking a ball after a number of their opponents tested positive for coronavirus.

The tie against Leyton Orient had been due to take place on Tuesday but was called off. Orient, who were due to play at home, tried to reschedule but cup rules meant they had to forfeit the match.

A statement from the EFL said Orient was deemed "unable to fulfil its obligations" due to the local council issuing an order preventing the match from being played.