Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Social distancing?

I did think the same when I saw the highlights. Presume they wanted to minimise areas that might need deep cleaning afterwards, but other grounds I’ve seen with fans in seemed a lot more spaced than this.

I thought the same. Looks like a row between each bubble but only one seat ( could be 2 though) which I guess is what they will be aiming for if we are ever allowed more back in

5 minutes ago, city4eva said:

I thought the same. Looks like a row between each bubble but only one seat ( could be 2 though) which I guess is what they will be aiming for if we are ever allowed more back in

This could have been the reason. Maybe they deliberately used a small section of the ground to replicate the situation when 1000 becomes 6000 or 8000, for example.

• Like 1

I was there and in my 'bubble of one' I had a clear row in front, a clear row behind and two clear seats either side. That side of things was fine, the main issues were outside of the ground where we were herded into small areas and tight queues. 

7 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I was there and in my 'bubble of one' I had a clear row in front, a clear row behind and two clear seats either side. That side of things was fine, the main issues were outside of the ground where we were herded into small areas and tight queues. 

In fairness, despite initially being a little apprehensive, I thought it all went well and that NCFC did an excellent job in sorting it all out at such short notice.  It felt completely safe throughout and the two seats either side plus alternate row arrangement worked extremely well.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

1,000 supporters in a stadium that holds 27,000. Surely thay could/should have been spaced out more than that

Untitled.png

Because it's a national test of 7 games with a view to having a larger number, where they would be as pictured throughout the stadium, obviously! 

What would be the point in the test otherwise. The people in the picture are guinea pigs, if we get any spike in cases which can be linked to these 7 games then no chance for decent numbers, e.g. 7000 people. 

5 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Yes overall it was pretty good. Inside the stadium no problem at all. We were herded into close quarters on the way out but otherwise it's an 8/10 from me. 

Fair play for taking one for the team and volunteering to be a guinea pig, world is richer for people like you. 

• Like 1

To be fair, there could be a large degree of ‘foreshortening’In that picture - with people stood around You lose a sense of depth in terms of how far higher/lower they are.  

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To be fair, there could be a large degree of ‘foreshortening’In that picture - with people stood around You lose a sense of depth in terms of how far higher/lower they are.  

It's 1 metre between each family group, that is the test. Having 1 person every 27 seats would completely defeat the object of the national experiment.  

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So my wife and I are not allowed to visit my daughters family of 5 (making 7) but what I see in that picture is fine.

Absolute madness

I agree entirely. It is all, from start to finish, absolute madness. (I am definitely in the minority, I think the photo is fine but you visiting your daughter and family should also be fine.)

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

I agree entirely. It is all, from start to finish, absolute madness. (I am definitely in the minority, I think the photo is fine but you visiting your daughter and family should also be fine.)

If you were outside and properly distanced (I.e. as done at Carrow Road), it should be fine in practice but TBH I have lost track of whether this would be allowed according to the latest rules.

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So my wife and I are not allowed to visit my daughters family of 5 (making 7) but what I see in that picture is fine.

Absolute madness

As much as I desperately want to get back to full stadiums again (or even some degree of 'meaningful' numbers) there is not a cat in hells chance of that happening whilst stupid rules like this are in force. The public would not tolerate increasing numbers of football fans enjoying their Saturday afternoons against that backdrop. I can see the test events being consigned to the bin soon whilst the next round of 'tightening restrictions' is introduced.  

Hancock is determined that sport must carry on. But there is no point without spectators. It is an experiment. Not the greatest experiment. The parameters are too wide.

13 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

The difference of course, is that fans at football is an economic benefit to the country. Sadly you seeing your family, isn't. That's why one is being encouraged and the other is not. 

Really? When we visit our family it usually ends up with us giving them a load of money to pay for something that they either need or want. .

Edited by Making Plans
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Absolute madness

Assuming at least one of the kids is under 11, then you could meet in Wales as they don't count towards the 6! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

The difference of course, is that fans at football is an economic benefit to the country. Sadly you seeing your family, isn't. That's why one is being encouraged and the other is not. 

People buying petrol isn't an economic benefit? 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Assuming at least one of the kids is under 11, then you could meet in Wales as they don't count towards the 6! 

All 3 of them are under 11 - Wales is a long way to go though when they only live 20 minutes down the road

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If you were outside and properly distanced (I.e. as done at Carrow Road), it should be fine in practice but TBH I have lost track of whether this would be allowed according to the latest rules.

Exactly.  They change the rules every five minutes as infection rates inevitably start to rise (covid being a seasonal virus), and then blame the public when they don't achieve the desired result.  Then they have a go at people who turn up for so-called unnecessary tests, when the early symptoms of covid (I've had it btw) are very much like an ordinary cold with little or no sneezing.  How are people supposed to know the difference? 

Objectors are no longer a small minority.  The government is starting to lose the dressing room. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

Exactly.  They change the rules every five minutes as infection rates inevitably start to rise (covid being a seasonal virus), and then blame the public when they don't achieve the desired result.  Then they have a go at people who turn up for so-called unnecessary tests, when the early symptoms of covid (I've had it btw) are very much like an ordinary cold with little or no sneezing.  How are people supposed to know the difference? 

Objectors are no longer a small minority.  The government is starting to lose the dressing room. 

Mate, I am so far from the dressing room already.

Edited by Nuff Said

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Really? When we visit our family it usually ends up with us giving them a load of money to pay for something that they either need or want. .

You can come and visit me if you want £££££

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I think to claim that they were "properly distanced" is highly debatable.

Plus they were all breaking the rules by standing up and cheering.

And not a Steward in sight.

Furthermore, I don't see how a building with 3 sides and a roof is deemed as being outside and safe as far as the virus is concerned when it is classed as being inside and unhealthy if you want a smoke.

When they showed the fans in the stadium at Middlesbrough they were much more distanced from each other than at Carrow Road.  Many were just single not the large groups as shown in this photo.

8 hours ago, Making Plans said:

1,000 supporters in a stadium that holds 27,000. Surely thay could/should have been spaced out more than that

Untitled.png

Yes i thought the same when i saw it yesterday, hardly going to further the cause of crowds coming back anytime quickly and in any event sport is swimming against the tide given what is happening in the UK, cases going up, testing cannot keep up, schools back and local and National restrictions getting worse. Yes i would love to be back but these pilots were mere gestures in my opinion no way crowds are coming back. despite loving football i would be seriously pissed of if crowds returned but at the same time i cannot see neighbors, family and friends, the sooner we get real about this the better i am sad to say

I have to agree, I wouldn't be surprised if we are back to 0 fans for the next home game. 

We are in a difficult place. As soon as we open up society the virus will return. I don't see how any of the measures can prevent it. As soon as they are loosened it will come back. We can't have workplaces, schools, universities open without the R number going above 1. 

Until there are very effective treatments and/or vaccines, we are stuck with this situation. 

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think this is key, and has been missed. It’s like the photos of the “crowded” beaches taken with a long lens when there is actually a reasonable gap between each group.