A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Some people interviewed in Bexley. Tory voters and were asked what they thought of Boris. Bit of a joke, misleading and avoiding the problems. But they all said they would probably still vote for him.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Some people interviewed in Bexley. Tory voters and were asked what they thought of Boris. Bit of a joke, misleading and avoiding the problems. But they all said they would probably still vote for him.

They were talking about themselves?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

The sort of people who punch a mirror because the **** was staring at them.

This report is truly shocking. No doubt the inevitable outcome of right-wing hatred aimed at migrant people. Patel, Farage et al take a bow, you must be very proud:

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/people/hastings-rnli-lifeboat-crew-blocked-from-going-out-to-sea-by-people-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179

Hastings RNLI lifeboat crew ‘blocked from going out to sea’ by people angry at them rescuing refugees

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

This report is truly shocking. No doubt the inevitable outcome of right-wing hatred aimed at migrant people. Patel, Farage et al take a bow, you must be very proud:

https://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/people/hastings-rnli-lifeboat-crew-blocked-from-going-out-to-sea-by-people-angry-at-them-rescuing-refugees-3475179

Hastings RNLI lifeboat crew ‘blocked from going out to sea’ by people angry at them rescuing refugees

Its always easier to hate people than like them if you believe the lies that are spun. As I have said on other topics, its a choice of which information you care to believe.

So I will throw this into the ring. I would imagine the same people who believe we will be overrun by illegal immigrants were the same ones choosing to believe Tony Blair's lies about Iraq which is one of the reasons we have so many illegal immigrants.

Imagine my surprise and delight that this year I was given a Tory party Advent calendar.

Instead of windows it has doors and when you open each door there's a party donor with some cash.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

Poor old Rees Mogg now being investigated.

But at least he had his mask on today. 🎩💩🤣

Apples

Surprised not to read much about this on this thread (have I missed it?). This legislation will very likely affect everybody's children and children's children at the very least. It is quite staggering what is happening.

An affront to freedom in itself...which is hugely ironic given the so-called rights to unfettered freedom we hear on a weekly basis from this present administration.

A question to all right wing voters...are you happy with this and will you still b voting for this lot at the next election? Or maybe it doesn't matter to you as a principle or even for others who might feel strongly about something?

Just curious I guess about where people might draw a line in their political affiliations.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

But at least he had his mask on today. 🎩💩🤣

Apples

He's lost his convivial spirit... 😀

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

He's lost his convivial spirit... 😀

Maybe the fish told him they weren't happy any more and wish to rejoin the EU.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Surprised not to read much about this on this thread (have I missed it?). This legislation will very likely affect everybody's children and children's children at the very least. It is quite staggering what is happening.

An affront to freedom in itself...which is hugely ironic given the so-called rights to unfettered freedom we hear on a weekly basis from this present administration.

A question to all right wing voters...are you happy with this and will you still b voting for this lot at the next election? Or maybe it doesn't matter to you as a principle or even for others who might feel strongly about something?

Just curious I guess about where people might draw a line in their political affiliations.

As you and others have explained, fascism does not start with men in uniforms goose stepping up the road but with manoeuvres like this. It's very worrying what this awful woman is up to. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Absolutely shocking how Patel sneaked in these further restrictions on the right to protest AFTER it had been debated in parliament. Truly frightening implications for free speech and the fundamental principles of democracy.

Ironically one of those additions  included: "It would also become a criminal offence to obstruct in any way major transport works from being carried out, again with a maximum sentence of 51 weeks. This looks like an attempt to end meaningful protest against road-building and airport expansion." So, if Johnson were to keep his promise (I'll pause while you spend a minute laughing) to lie in front of a bulldozer if there was any further runway expansion at Heathrow, he would now face a 51 week prison sentence.

• Like 2

Cons win but with a massive reduced majority. Labour gain but mostly from other parties lending their vote. And Refuk nibbling at the further edges of Tory support. Apathy of Tory voters seems to be the winner.

15 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

What exactly is a false narrative?

Anything written in the Tory Party manifesto

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

Cons win but with a massive reduced majority. Labour gain but mostly from other parties lending their vote. And Refuk nibbling at the further edges of Tory support. Apathy of Tory voters seems to be the winner.

Absolutely, and a 34% turnout shows once again shows how dysfunctional our electoral system is.

Over two thirds of the voters don't think there is any point in voting - the truly sad thing is that they're right.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Absolutely, and a 34% turnout shows once again shows how dysfunctional our electoral system is.

Over two thirds of the voters don't think there is any point in voting - the truly sad thing is that they're right.

The "safe seat" apathy. This is where the oppo needs to up their game and show voters that there is a viable alternative, so they will get up off their backsides and vote. (Alternatively, but expensive, pick up every voter in a heated car and get them door-to voting booth.😀 Or even more alternatively have a better voting system. The first one is more likely.)

11 hours ago, Herman said:

The "safe seat" apathy. This is where the oppo needs to up their game and show voters that there is a viable alternative, so they will get up off their backsides and vote. (Alternatively, but expensive, pick up every voter in a heated car and get them door-to voting booth.😀 Or even more alternatively have a better voting system. The first one is more likely.)

The traditional ones who turn out, Tories, obviously sat at home because they had no intention of giving Boris any sustenance but could not bring themselves to vote for anything other than Reform.

I expect  Oakeshott will be blabbing on about how the Reform party are preparing for Government and her boyfriend will be PM.

Of course, the Tories didn't really want to hear the word party yesterday.

• Haha 2