A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Michael Gove dinner for £4000

It's very tempting, to be honest 

But I'd want to marinate him for 48 hours first.

For that price I assume it includes a gram of coke just like his dinner parties of old.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

I see South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon's name doesn't appear on either list (for or against). So yet again the country's laziest MP couldn't be bothered to turn up to parliament and do his job (despite claiming £2,343.25 a month for rent).

Edited by horsefly

16 hours ago, Herman said:

Further proof that Angela Rayner was right and that most Tory MPs are quite literally scumbags.

However I also wonder, once again, where the hell is the opposition???

I know the Government has a big majority but clearly with this feeble opposition they don't even need that - 265 MPs is all it takes apparantly. So I would blame those who didn't vote at all just as much as the scumbags that did.

On 22/10/2021 at 18:05, ricardo said:

I wonder if Carrie came in at the interval with a tray of choc ices.

Surely it was a tub with a wooden spoon?

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely it was a tub with a wooden spoon?

Rabbit skin or a jam jar to get in?

19 hours ago, ricardo said:

Rabbit skin or a jam jar to get in?

Tanner rush on a Saturday morning when nobody heard a thing as everyone was screaming.

On 22/10/2021 at 23:02, Herman said:

Have to say this story has infuriated me. It literally smells off. Our own MP (Tory) actually voted against it...credit to him for that but 250+ others did.

I mean it's not as if water companies don't have the money! Grrrrr. Water supply arguably should be a common good and in public ownership.

IMG_20211024_203928.jpg

51 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/boris-johnson-budget-poll-economy-b1943768.html

Boris Johnson’s government handled energy and supply crises badly, say two-thirds of voters

Whilst I guess this is essentially good news, it still appears that a third of voters are so 'away with the fairies' that they have absolutely no idea what is happening all around them - makes you wonder just what it will take for the penny to drop.

I'm hoping that a combination of rising prices with rising taxes might just do the trick.

55 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Have to say this story has infuriated me. It literally smells off. Our own MP (Tory) actually voted against it...credit to him for that but 250+ others did.

I mean it's not as if water companies don't have the money! Grrrrr. Water supply arguably should be a common good and in public ownership.

IMG_20211024_203928.jpg

👍

Thanks for that. Surely there has to be a better way than what is currently being done. The system is destroying the water network for no benefit other than a few investors by the looks of it.

11 hours ago, sonyc said:

IMG_20211024_203928.jpg

10 hours ago, Herman said:

👍

Thanks for that. Surely there has to be a better way than what is currently being done. The system is destroying the water network for no benefit other than a few investors by the looks of it.

Bear in mind that most of our water companies are foreign owned (I believe Anglian water is largely Australian, Canadian owned). Thus, if the UK government are willing to let them pollute so egregiously why should they worry about the effects on UK citizens.

This is not a spoof.

I'd just like to add that I believe in rehabilitation and giving people a chance when they leave prison as Timpsons has shown but we really are looking desperate in this example.

• Haha 1

Boris says recycling plastic isn't working. We need to cut down on how much plastic we use he says.

Isn't recycling cutting down on how much we use?

41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Boris says recycling plastic isn't working. We need to cut down on how much plastic we use he says.

Isn't recycling cutting down on how much we use?

"You shouldn't stop recycling – but recycling alone isn't the solution. The sad truth is that less than 10% of everyday plastic – the plastic packaging that the things we buy is wrapped in – actually gets recycled in the UK." (Greenpeace, 2021) 

With this in mind, the strategy of cutting down how much we use seems sensible. Hence the policy of: 

1, Reduce

2, Reuse

3, Recycle

53 minutes ago, greendoor said:

"You shouldn't stop recycling – but recycling alone isn't the solution. The sad truth is that less than 10% of everyday plastic – the plastic packaging that the things we buy is wrapped in – actually gets recycled in the UK." (Greenpeace, 2021) 

With this in mind, the strategy of cutting down how much we use seems sensible. Hence the policy of: 

1, Reduce

2, Reuse

3, Recycle

Indeed! but typically the gaff-a-day bumbling Boris had to be corrected to get the message across correctly. He simply doesn't have the care or capability of concentrating and communicating accurately.

A nice interchange below the line on a Washington Post story about how illusory is Johnson's claim of a Global Britain:

Reader One: 'Simply follow his career, a bombastic liar and fabricator.'

Reader Two: 'You missed off fornicator. Serial priapic… Before he started hiding in fridges he practiced in other mens wardrobes.'

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

A nice interchange below the line on a Washington Post story about how illusory is Johnson's claim of a Global Britain:

Reader One: 'Simply follow his career, a bombastic liar and fabricator.'

Reader Two: 'You missed off fornicator. Serial priapic… Before he started hiding in fridges he practiced in other mens wardrobes.'

Unfortunately many people in the UK have no first hand experience of how Johnson (and by extension Brexit Britain) is viewed from abroad. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

Wow! Who would have thought that David Davis of all people would write so passionately about another attempt from Johnson's government to take yet more power away from the people. 

• Like 1

Yet more Tory corruption:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/owen-paterson-parliament-suspension_uk_6177bd3ee4b09314320f7a38

Conservative MP Owen Paterson should be suspended for 30 days over an “egregious case of paid advocacy”, the parliamentary committee on standards has recommended.

The watchdog made the recommendation on Tuesday morning following an investigation into the former minister’s lobbying for two companies he was a consultant for.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Sorry, missed this before I posted on t'other thread. 

No problem, it's worth repeating. The two companies he lobbied for paid him three times the wages he earned as an MP. He spoke on their behalf at least 14 times.

• Like 1

I thought a stream of effluent would be suitable for a thread about the tories.🤬

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Herman said:

I thought a stream of effluent would be suitable for a thread about the tories.🤬

It's a Tory Party AND a Brexit issue.. (just posted on latter thread). #Buyoneandyougetwo

Shocking to see that video clip. Drones are finding out a lot more problems aren't they?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Looks like they may have done a U-turn (U-bend or U-turd, your choice.)

Indeed and I hear the headline now ‘ just like with COVID we learn quickly from our mistakes ‘.

• Haha 1