A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Tip: Whenever news sources are anonymous, it's a made up story.

😂 Cobblers, to put it politely - as far as this government is concerned it is the speeches and comments of ministers that are the made up stories.

In this particular case the fact that Kwarteng completely changed his story between one TV broadcast, shortly before the Treasury completely contradicted it, and the next TV broadcast shortly afterwards tells you everything you need to know about who was makings things up.

In any case Kwarteng has loads of form for this sort of thing, he is almost Johnson-like in his inability to tell the truth about anything. The only surprising thing about this particular episode is that he was called out by his own colleagues.

He isn't the brightest (also like Johnson) otherwise he would have realised that was a lie that would likely have got him into trouble - and that is where the similarity with Johnson ends - it doesn't matter how many times Johnson totally scr*ws up because there is no one in the Tory party with the integrity and the b*lls to tell him (or us) - I'm excluding Cummings, of course, only on the basis that he isn't a member of the Tory party as far as I know.

• Like 1

Says it all

Tory MP James Gray has been asked to step back from activities with a charity, after reports he mixed up two ethnic minority ministers at an event, saying "they all look the same to me". 

The MailOnline has reported he confused then-vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi with Health Secretary Sajid Javid.

Following the event, St John Ambulance said it did not "tolerate racism".

46 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Says it all

Tory MP James Gray has been asked to step back from activities with a charity, after reports he mixed up two ethnic minority ministers at an event, saying "they all look the same to me". 

The MailOnline has reported he confused then-vaccine minister Nadhim Zahawi with Health Secretary Sajid Javid.

Following the event, St John Ambulance said it did not "tolerate racism".

This is the same fella who suggested delivering a bomb to a Labour MP (quite an incredible thing to say by anyone let alone someone in public office and in a very responsible position). Also, he left his wife for his mistress when his wife was going through chemotherapy and other cancer treatment. I guess we don't know the detail of that but I imagine his wife must have gone through double hell at the time.

Tolerance of this kind of behaviour is different these days isn't it? Perhaps he will be invited to join the cabinet?!

Nothing much surprises me with this lot. But I'm pleased at least that St John Ambulance have made a stand.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 14:31, Creative Midfielder said:

😂 Cobblers, to put it politely - as far as this government is concerned it is the speeches and comments of ministers that are the made up stories.

In this particular case the fact that Kwarteng completely changed his story between one TV broadcast, shortly before the Treasury completely contradicted it, and the next TV broadcast shortly afterwards tells you everything you need to know about who was makings things up.

In any case Kwarteng has loads of form for this sort of thing, he is almost Johnson-like in his inability to tell the truth about anything. The only surprising thing about this particular episode is that he was called out by his own colleagues.

He isn't the brightest (also like Johnson) otherwise he would have realised that was a lie that would likely have got him into trouble - and that is where the similarity with Johnson ends - it doesn't matter how many times Johnson totally scr*ws up because there is no one in the Tory party with the integrity and the b*lls to tell him (or us) - I'm excluding Cummings, of course, only on the basis that he isn't a member of the Tory party as far as I know.

Cobblers in every sense. Just to pick one obvious example, the Washington Post's exposé of Watergate was based on anonymous sources and one such source in particular, and that story was not at all made up. More than 40 people, many senior officials,  were convicted of crimes and the president quit in total disgrace.

36 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Is he painting because he forgot his fiddle?

he's probably painting a fiddle

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dj11 said:

Is he painting because he forgot his fiddle?

A title comparison in figures...the UK in 2021:

800,000 are losing £20 a week. As a result many will struggle to make ends meet.

A week's ****holiday for Johnson painting costing £25,000 (paid for by the taxpayer or a donor no doubt)

Edit: It's f***ing £25,000 a night!

Edited by sonyc

YouGov

Latest Westminster voting intention (12-13 Oct)

Con: 41% (+2 from 5-6 Oct)
Lab: 31% (n/c)
Lib Dem: 9% (n/c)
Green: 8% (-1)
SNP: 4% (-2)
Reform UK: 4% (n/c)

TEFLON BORIS

How low will he have to take this country before people start waking the **** up? 

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

How low will he have to take this country before people start waking the **** up? 

When the turkeys don't have any turkey for Christmas? 🤣 

Apples

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

YouGov

TEFLON BORIS

Hard to really trust these polls. I am not denying the figures, just who is polled.

Early September and You Gov had Labour 2% ahead, then late September it Tories 2% ahead. Now its 10%.

What questions do they ask?

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

YouGov

TEFLON BORIS

Think the Teflon is definitely starting to wear away - the polls seem to indicate that whilst the Tory party support is holding pretty steady, Johnson's personal popularity is steadily declining and is now well below the party's rating - think I made this comment yesterday but can't remember whether it was on this thread 🙄 - that isn't a situation that the Tory party normally tolerates for too long.

Of course there are plenty of good reasons to argue that this isn't a normal situation! Even so, I think there are quite a few Tory MPs who held their noses and supported Johnson because he was seen (correctly in 2019) as an electoral asset but who would be very happy to get shot of him as soon as it becomes clear that he is no longer an asset but a liability, and if the car crash interviews he gave just before disappearing on yet another holiday are the best he's got now then I'd say he has already reached that state.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Think the Teflon is definitely starting to wear away - the polls seem to indicate that whilst the Tory party support is holding pretty steady, Johnson's personal popularity is steadily declining and is now well below the party's rating - think I made this comment yesterday but can't remember whether it was on this thread 🙄 - that isn't a situation that the Tory party normally tolerates for too long.

Of course there are plenty of good reasons to argue that this isn't a normal situation! Even so, I think there are quite a few Tory MPs who held their noses and supported Johnson because he was seen (correctly in 2019) as an electoral asset but who would be very happy to get shot of him as soon as it becomes clear that he is no longer an asset but a liability, and if the car crash interviews he gave just before disappearing on yet another holiday are the best he's got now then I'd say he has already reached that stahe.

Look out Argentina!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ricardo said:

YouGov

TEFLON BORIS

I will bite, the other part of the poll says if there was an election today which way would you vote, 26% conservative a huge 12% that normally vote would not vote.

Boris Johnson’s approval rating when asked is he running the country well or badly, 35% well, 59% badly.

I think all this proves is there are lots of people at the moment like my family. If there was an election and Johnson was leader there would be zero chance of any of the 7 of us voting conservative, although all 7 voted conservative in the last election. If Johnson is gone ( don’t shout at me ) unless there was a better opposition we would likely vote conservative, but if he was replaced with the possible suspects I certainly would vote tactically.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I will bite, the other part of the poll says if there was an election today which way would you vote, 26% conservative a huge 12% that normally vote would not vote.

Boris Johnson’s approval rating when asked is he running the country well or badly, 35% well, 59% badly.

I think all this proves is there are lots of people at the moment like my family. If there was an election and Johnson was leader there would be zero chance of any of the 7 of us voting conservative, although all 7 voted conservative in the last election. If Johnson is gone ( don’t shout at me ) unless there was a better opposition we would likely vote conservative, but if he was replaced with the possible suspects I certainly would vote tactically.

Go on then, which Conservative leader would make you vote for them?

21 hours ago, ricardo said:

YouGov

TEFLON BORIS

I think I know why you always quote YouGov which is a bit of an outlier, not saying outliers can't be right, @ricardo. It is that their methodology produces much higher Green support and much lower Labour. That said pretty clear that Tory support is c39% which is probably enough to win and have a majority, albeit significantly reduced.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Daily Star - Friday

I know I shouldn't but I'm beginning to love the Star. It's almost becoming a poor-man's Private Eye.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I think I know why you always quote YouGov which is a bit of an outlier, not saying outliers can't be right, @ricardo. It is that their methodology produces much higher Green support and much lower Labour. That said pretty clear that Tory support is c39% which is probably enough to win and have a majority, albeit significantly reduced.

What it shows as ever is a minority populist 'right' and a clear majority but split 'left' of centre. LAB+LDM+GRN = 48%

As per elsewhere in Eastern Europe - one quick electoral pack and its game over for the populists.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2021 at 10:33, ricardo said:

YouGov

TEFLON BORIS

Oooofff....

My family have through generations always voted for Tory, it was like some unwritten rule to vote for them and a general interest to find out who the local candidate was every GE.

However, the buck stops with me, as I refuse point blank to vote for them. I’d rather it be a wasted vote then a vote for Tory. My parents are big Boris fans and at first were right about him calling him a clown after seeing the bungee photo of him, but then became fans when they felt he was doing a good job as PM. I was hoping they would see sense due to the rubbish Covid response, but they still remained fans saying he’s doing a good job considering the fact we are a tin-can overcrowded island and the virus thrives off crowds.

What utter rubbish, he lied and lied his way through this, before lockdown he let thousands of people into the country all despite the Italian news agency footage of hospitals.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

At this rate the only parties I’ll be caring about will be Christmas Parties, Birthday Parties, Cocktail parties and New Year’s Eve parties.

That’s it.

That picture of Boris on the front page of The Star is yet another photo in the ever growing embarrassment portfolio of his. It’s up there with the bungee one, the rugby one and all the photos of him shaking hands with Covid patients.

I think the wannabe Churchill painting photos are the biggest FU to the electorate he has done. He knows that he can get away with as much crap as possible and people will still vote for him. Dreadful excuse for a human.

I'll definitely be voting tactically next time, but tactical voting is very much the sign that our electoral model is not fit for purpose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'll definitely be voting tactically next time, but tactical voting is very much the sign that our electoral model is not fit for purpose.

Yes, it's sad but there are a hell of a lot of us in the same boat. Labour or Tories in my area, but the Tories are miles ahead so it'll need a lot of people like me to even budge the numbers.