Jump to content
A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Obsessed by Fen.

That’s rich coming from somebody still wailing about a referendum result they didn’t like 8 years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

That’s rich coming from somebody still wailing about a referendum result they didn’t like 8 years ago 

Damn right I am. And being proven right every single day since.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

That’s rich coming from somebody still wailing about a referendum result they didn’t like 8 years ago 

He doesn't wail. He rues in a constructive manner. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

That’s rich coming from somebody still wailing about a referendum result they didn’t like 8 years ago 

The thing is,  there have been cover ups and lies made about Brexit. And...after such a period of time, they're still emerging. We cannot directly compare the Post Office and the establishment's role with Brexit but I don't think it's wrong either to be annoyed... about where we are and the level of dishonesty that appears to have been involved. It isn't just about the result of a referendum. That is a lazy jibe in my opinion because it underplays a level of dishonesty and a sense of injustice underneath the whole affair. Saying it was a democratic vote and "you lost, get over it" misses the point.

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The thing is,  there have been cover ups and lies made about Brexit. And...after such a period of time, they're still emerging. We cannot directly compare the Post Office and the establishment's role with Brexit but I don't think it's wrong either to be annoyed... about where we are and the level of dishonesty that appears to have been involved. It isn't just about the result of a referendum. That is a lazy jibe in my opinion because it underplays a level of dishonesty and a sense of injustice underneath the whole affair. Saying it was a democratic vote and "you lost, get over it" misses the point.

I see its the hill farmers now....

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb/20/defra-officials-buried-analysis-dire-financial-prospects-hill-farmers-brexit-faming-payments-scheme

I'm tempted to say these communities voted for this but its kinder to just accept they were badly misled.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't see what's constructive about it.

It keeps you in a job. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see its the hill farmers now....

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb/20/defra-officials-buried-analysis-dire-financial-prospects-hill-farmers-brexit-faming-payments-scheme

I'm tempted to say these communities voted for this but it’s kinder to just accept they were badly misled.

Because the EU farmers are having a great time of it. No protests or angry scenes over there at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fen Canary said:

Because the EU farmers are having a great time of it. No protests or angry scenes over there at all

Quoting you so we can prove what you said before you delete it. The level of thoughtlessness is impressive. 
 

And I probably need to spell it out, so… did the EU farmers vote for change after being told how much it would improve their situation, only to find that not only were those promises empty, things actually got worse? Don’t think so. That’s before we actually look in detail at their situation, the wider global outlook and what needs to be done to prevent catastrophe, but that’s too much to go into right now at this time of night.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Quoting you so we can prove what you said before you delete it. The level of thoughtlessness is impressive. 
 

And I probably need to spell it out, so… did the EU farmers vote for change after being told how much it would improve their situation, only to find that not only were those promises empty, things actually got worse? Don’t think so. That’s before we actually look in detail at their situation, the wider global outlook and what needs to be done to prevent catastrophe, but that’s too much to go into right now at this time of night.

I wasn’t having a dig at the farmers, my post was more a response to those that seem keen to link every minor struggle as a consequence of leaving the EU. However they seem oblivious (wilfully or otherwise) that farmers in the EU seem to be struggling just as much if not more than their British counterparts.

If farmers in almost every other EU country is struggling and protesting at the blocs rules, why do you think British farmers would somehow be exempt from all this if we were still members? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...