A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Johnson just denied he had any previous marriages, been adulterous and forced his then mistress to have an abortion. The Catholic church went 'OK, we believe you because you're not Jeremy Corbyn". 😀

The official response is that Johnson's other marriages did not take place in a catholic church which means the Catholic church do not recognise them as being legitimate marriages so in their eye this is his first marriage.

Which actually funnier than my first paragraph. 

Who in their right mind would want to be Jeremy Corbin or his obnoxious brother

1 minute ago, daly said:

Who in their right mind would want to be Jeremy Corbin or his obnoxious brother

I think you've missed the nuance in the joke.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I think you've missed the nuance in the joke.  

Sorry did miss the nuance

Love a nuance

11 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Boris Johnson tied the knot today. Shame it wasn't on a noose.

The dark joke on Twitter goes something like ...

"One wedding and 130,000 funerals"

• Like 2

23 hours ago, sonyc said:

Speaking of the improving weather, my new tee shirt has at last arrived.

Hopefully that T-shirt will be the first in a series...especially with N, T, C, U, S, P, R, K, C, I available. 🤭🤣

Apples

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Hopefully that T-shirt will be the first in a series...especially with N, T, C, U, S, P, R, K, C, I available. 🤭🤣

Apples

That's a very good idea. You're an entrepreneur aren't you! 

Here is a little bit of inspiration ...(just to get those creative juices going🤣)

IMG_20210531_111904.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

That's a very good idea. You're an entrepreneur aren't you! 

Here is a little bit of inspiration ...(just to get those creative juices going🤣)

IMG_20210531_111904.jpg

The doctor prescribed me an emetic. I opened the box, and all it contained was this photo. Worked a treat!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Herman said:

More corruption??

The level of corruption of this bunch of Tories is truly astonishing. Boris is going to have a hell of a lot of Hail Marys to chant.

Edited by horsefly

58 minutes ago, Herman said:

More corruption??

Probably, this lot seem to have an endless supply of it and given that Johnson has clearly demonstrated that he can get away with deception, corruption and indeed just generally breaking the rules, all without any consequences then you have to be very naive not to expect it to increase even further and wider - certainly most of the current Cabinet seem to believe they are bulletproof no matter what they say or do - as long as stay on the right side of Johnson

• Like 1

Today's Coffee House

Boris Johnson is more popular in France than Emmanuel Macron, which might not be a high hurdle to overcome, since Macron is rather generally unloved. Except Johnson is not just marginally more popular, but massively so. Indeed, the French seem to like him even more than the British. And he’s popular right across the French political spectrum, from the extreme right to the extreme left. Chouette!

According to a study in the news magazine Le Point, 51 per cent of French voters have a favourable opinion of the Prime Minister, at least 10 points clear of recent polls assessing the popularity of the President.

‘Boris Johnson has seduced a majority of the French with a non-traditional political line. By breaking the codes, he’s conquered the social classes normally disenchanted with politics,’ according to William Thay et Emeric Guisset of the Millénaire political consultancy, which conducted the study.

Even supporters of Macron believe Johnson has managed the Covid crisis better than the President

Defying political gravity, Johnson is not merely popular with voters of the right-wing Rassamblement National of Marine Le Pen, with 59 per cent of those voters having a good opinion of him, but of the extreme left-wing supporters of Jean-Luc Mélenchon’s La France Insoumise, on 55 per cent. Among voters of the traditional centre right party, Les Républicains, he’s also well regarded, with 59 per cent having a favourable view of Boris Johnson.

Even supporters of Macron believe Johnson has managed the Covid crisis better than the President.

It might be easy to dismiss this as an artefact produced by a politician little known in La France Profonde, but thanks to his visibility first as mayor of London during the 2012 Olympics, and then as the Prime Minister who ‘got Brexit done,’ he has 85 per cent recognition in France, probably higher than many of those in the peloton of candidates preparing to contest next year’s presidential election.

More disingenuous bollox from the "Coffee House". They're lying to you Rocky.

11 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Boris Johnson is more popular in France than Emmanuel Macron, which might not be a high hurdle to overcome, since Macron is rather generally unloved. Except Johnson is not just marginally more popular, but massively so. Indeed, the French seem to like him even more than the British. And he’s popular right across the French political spectrum, from the extreme right to the extreme left. Chouette!

I'll happily pay for his one-way ticket (let's face it, he won't go if he has to pay for it himself).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Herman said:

More disingenuous bollox from the "Coffee House". They're lying to you Rocky.

I told.you way back in 2016 that Brexit is an opportunity to create a new EU with the UK at the centre. Working with the Swiss and EFTA countries might be the start of a powerful new force in Europe. 

Combined with our position as head of the Commonwealth, membership of Nato and permanent seat on the UN security council makes us a global player that no other European country can match. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I told.you way back in 2016 that Brexit is an opportunity to create a new EU with the UK at the centre. Working with the Swiss and EFTA countries might be the start of a powerful new force in Europe.

If that were even a remote possiblity (which it isn't) then you can't help but wonder why we didn't try and negotiate membership, or at least some partnership with EFTA on Brexit, rather than the splendid isolation that we opted for.

Although, dredging the memory banks I seem to recall that Norway and Iceland both made it perfectly clear that there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of the UK joining EFTA which might be a bit of problem with your fanciful scheme.

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Combined with our position as head of the Commonwealth, membership of Nato and permanent seat on the UN security council makes us a global player that no other European country can match. 

🤣 Just 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Which European countries are in the Commonwealth?

France is in the EU. Is a permanent member of the UN Security Council. Is a member of Nato.

Are you seriously comparing the Commonwealth to the EU?

7 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So, what drugs are you taking?

Total bollox from start to finish. The UK is NOT head of the Commonwealth as you would know if you read the very first statement on its web site: https://thecommonwealth.org/

"The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 independent and equal countries. It is home to 2.4 billion people, and includes both advanced economies and developing countries."

Yet another of your racist assumptions.

As for your other laughably idiotic claims, I needn't add to the ridicule already levelled by other posters before me.

Why in the f*** is there a position in the UK government with the title Tsar? There is actually a position that is that basically translates to The Emperor/King of School Catch Up...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-57335558

Absolute embarrassing shambles. I wonder what the Sultan of Traffic Light Placement or the Führer of The Village In Bloom Panel have to say about an outrageous title like this...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Which European countries are in the Commonwealth?

France is in the EU. Is a permanent member of the UN Security Council. Is a member of Nato.

Are you seriously comparing the Commonwealth to the EU?

Malta and Cyprus are EU countries in the Commonwealth, I'm not sure any of those two have ambitions to be head of the Commonwealth.

20 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Malta and Cyprus are EU countries in the Commonwealth, I'm not sure any of those two have ambitions to be head of the Commonwealth.

Exactly. The Queen is titular Head of the Commonwealth. 

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

So, what drugs are you taking?

Total bollox from start to finish. The UK is NOT head of the Commonwealth as you would know if you read the very first statement on its web site: https://thecommonwealth.org/

As for your other laughably idiotic claims, I needn't add to the ridicule already levelled by other posters before me.

Oh go on 😀

@Rock the Boat 's posts frequently provoke a certain amount of ridicule but that one was so ridiculous it deserves a full rinsing 😂

So utterly delusional that even Jools, Swindo or Paul Moy would struggle to match it 🤣

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Looks likely BJ’s foreign aids cuts will be voted down by fellow Tories.

Let the games begin.

Let's hope so. Johnson has found huge amounts of money for the purchase of new nuclear weapons, and a new "royal yacht". Seems he's ignorant to the fact that our global influence and prestige is far better served by constructive international aid projects.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

Let's hope so. Johnson has found huge amounts of money for the purchase of new nuclear weapons, and a new "royal yacht". Seems he's ignorant to the fact that our global influence and prestige is far better served by constructive international aid projects.

Don't get me started about the new Yacht. A symbol of and for Britain. 😂 The world knows what we are. A bunch of whingers consumed by the weather forecast.

Well get a Catamaran because we are a divided nation.

• Like 1