A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

The fat oaf is getting desperate it seems. He's rung Mordaunt, she says, trying to get her to join in with him. She told him to go forth and multiply. Sunak 1/6 on Betfair, Fat oaf 5/1. Get back to the Caribbean loser.

• Like 3

I was quite shocked today. Out working with a person I don’t usually work who put I think it was called LBC on, they had a phone in. Several of the 160,000 idiots called in and several who reckoned they had supported the Conservatives for years. Lots of these were supporting Johnson, but I was quite shocked at why several would not be voting for Sunak - ‘ The colour of his skin ‘ ‘ He wasn’t as British as Johnson ‘ ‘ He was very rich so wouldn’t understand people ‘ ‘ His wife was not British ‘ and of course ‘ He wouldn’t understand the economy.

The good news for you Labour and Lib Dem voters was that those supporting Johnson would not vote Tory if Sunak was put in charge and of course those supporting Sunak would not vote Tory if Johnson was put in charge, so basically they are f***** either way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So going by Johnson’s supporters there won’t be many gooduns left to form the cabinet. Mogg, Zhawi, Cleverley and I suppose one in the right league would be Wallace.

21 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I was quite shocked today. Out working with a person I don’t usually work who put I think it was called LBC on, they had a phone in. Several of the 160,000 idiots called in and several who reckoned they had supported the Conservatives for years. Lots of these were supporting Johnson, but I was quite shocked at why several would not be voting for Sunak - ‘ The colour of his skin ‘ ‘ He wasn’t as British as Johnson ‘ ‘ He was very rich so wouldn’t understand people ‘ ‘ His wife was not British ‘ and of course ‘ He wouldn’t understand the economy.

The good news for you Labour and Lib Dem voters was that those supporting Johnson would not vote Tory if Sunak was put in charge and of course those supporting Sunak would not vote Tory if Johnson was put in charge, so basically they are f***** either way.

Sangita Myska, a talented journalist, doesn't deserve this nonsense from bigoted ws.

This afternoon at a service in Norwich Cathedral, the Dean (the Bishop's representative) called out the Conservative Party from the pulpit.  He compared them to a broken record bankrupt of ideas and was clearly referring to the "bring back Boris" faction.  The Church of England is often described (with good reason) as "the Tory Party on its knees" and quite a few are Party members.  I've never heard anything like it before.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sangita Myska, a talented journalist, doesn't deserve this nonsense from bigoted ws.

Believe me there were loads of them, I was shocked. There were of course plenty condemning the comments, but several of those making the comments were from the 160,000 idiots.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

Those who laud Johnson's britishness might like to remind themselves that he was born in NYC, held US citizenship, was partly educated in Europe, has worked in Europe and has foreign ancestry 

There is nothing wrong with any of that, nor is there anything wrong with Rishi Sunaks background 

Its things like their policies, ability and honesty that are important 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Those who laud Johnson's britishness might like to remind themselves that he was born in NYC, held US citizenship, was partly educated in Europe, has worked in Europe and has foreign ancestry 

There is nothing wrong with any of that, nor is there anything wrong with Rishi Sunaks background 

Its things like their policies, ability and honesty that are important 

Yes, quite.  Sunak was born in Southampton btw.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Deservedly so - what I alluded to the other day when quoting albeit a 2nd hand a Tory MP - the Tory membership (writ large) will never vote for such a leader.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Johnson won't be standing. He won't get 100. Have you seen who is backing him? The lists are on the BBC website. Johnson supporters are the neck end. He hasn't said yes because as has been said, he won't stand unless he wins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Yes, quite.  Sunak was born in Southampton btw.

Soton filth.🤬😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

He hasn't said yes because as has been said, he won't stand unless he wins.

However, he knows that the party membership is stuffed with people who would vote for Worzel Gummidge rather than a PM of colour.  It's down to Tory MPs in the end.  Enough of them have to support Sunak to avoid a run-off.

4 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Johnson withdraws.

Bullet dodged

The f****r never had 100 votes did he? As ever, even out of the country and then out of the cabinet all we get is more lies from Johnson! Same with his shameless supporters who have been on TV all day saying they had the 100 votes 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

The f****r never had 100 votes did he? As ever, even out of the country and then out of the cabinet all we get is more lies from Johnson! Same with this shameless supporters who have been on TV all day saying they had the 100 votes 

Is anyone surprised?  Every time he opens his mouth a lie comes out. 

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Johnson withdraws.

Bullet dodged

F***** liar to the end, claims he had 102 nominations. What complete c***s this guy and Mogg are.

I guess he is waiting until the GE then hoping it’s going bad and then go for the leadership.

Mogg should crawl down the same f****** rat hole that Johnson has disappeared down, but then who knows what Sunak will offer the BJ’s and of course Penny.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

The f****r never had 100 votes did he? As ever, even out of the country and then out of the cabinet all we get is more lies from Johnson! Same with his shameless supporters who have been on TV all day saying they had the 100 votes 

I was about to write post saying Rishi on 150+ Johnson on 100+ and Maudant on 27 plus and it looks as if the numbers didn't add up so somebody was lying and we all know who!

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

His little charade has caused even more damage to the Tory party. Anyone outside his supporters is accusing him of lying and is associating that with the Tory party, if it can’t be me it won’t be you.

36 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It's Carrie I feel sorry for...having to cut that holiday short on a fool's errand. 😭🤣

Apples

I saw no evidence that she was with him. 

Edited by benchwarmer

Let's hope Rishi remembers the worms who've appeared on our screens in the last few days pleading their unswerving loyalty to the fat oaf. Talentless bunch anyway so they won't be missed. Looking forward to some new, fresh talented MPs in Rishi's cabinet - assuming that he sees off Mordaunt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Jacob Rees Mogg is feeling silly now.

So, no change there then.

(Don't know why I've quoted @Barry Brockes) fat fingers I think.

I have just emailed Mogg ( very politely ) and suggested he should now go as well. My MP didn’t say who she was voting for, but I have told her as well again very politely she should tell Mogg to sling his hook.

There you go, what a c***. He is already hinting at leading them into an election in 2014, and I guess his statement is aimed at bringing Sunak ( or Penny down ).

Boris Johnson's statement in full

And here is the former PM's statement in full - he claims to have reached 102 backers although only 57 MPs had publicly declared their support for him.

Quote Message: "In the last few days I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who suggested that I should once again contest the Conservative Party leadership, both among the public and among friends and colleagues in Parliament. 

"In the last few days I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who suggested that I should once again contest the Conservative Party leadership, both among the public and among friends and colleagues in Parliament.

Quote Message: "I have been attracted because I led our party into a massive election victory less than three years ago - and I believe I am therefore uniquely placed to avert a general election now. 

"I have been attracted because I led our party into a massive election victory less than three years ago - and I believe I am therefore uniquely placed to avert a general election now.

Quote Message: "I have been attracted because I led our party into a massive election victory less than three years ago - and I believe I am therefore uniquely placed to avert a general election now. 

"I have been attracted because I led our party into a massive election victory less than three years ago - and I believe I am therefore uniquely placed to avert a general election now.

Quote Message: "A general election would be a further disastrous distraction just when the Government must focus on the economic pressures faced by families across the country. 

"A general election would be a further disastrous distraction just when the Government must focus on the economic pressures faced by families across the country.

Quote Message: "I believe I am well placed to deliver a Conservative victory in 2024 - and tonight I can confirm that I have cleared the very high hurdle of 102 nominations, including a proposer and a seconder, and I could put my nomination in tomorrow. 

"I believe I am well placed to deliver a Conservative victory in 2024 - and tonight I can confirm that I have cleared the very high hurdle of 102 nominations, including a proposer and a seconder, and I could put my nomination in tomorrow.

Quote Message: "There is a very good chance that I would be successful in the election with Conservative Party members - and that I could indeed be back in Downing Street on Friday. 

"There is a very good chance that I would be successful in the election with Conservative Party members - and that I could indeed be back in Downing Street on Friday.

Quote Message: "But in the course of the last days I have sadly come to the conclusion that this would simply not be the right thing to do. You can't govern effectively unless you have a united party in parliament. 

"But in the course of the last days I have sadly come to the conclusion that this would simply not be the right thing to do. You can't govern effectively unless you have a united party in parliament.

Quote Message: "And though I have reached out to both Rishi (Sunak) and Penny (Mordaunt) - because I hoped that we could come together in the national interest - we have sadly not been able to work out a way of doing this. 

"And though I have reached out to both Rishi (Sunak) and Penny (Mordaunt) - because I hoped that we could come together in the national interest - we have sadly not been able to work out a way of doing this.

Quote Message: "Therefore I am afraid the best thing is that I do not allow my nomination to go forward and commit my support to whoever succeeds. "I believe I have much to offer but I am afraid that this is simply not the right time." 

"Therefore I am afraid the best thing is that I do not allow my nomination to go forward and commit my support to whoever succeeds. "I believe I have much to offer but I am afraid that this is simply not the right time."