A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

47 minutes ago, Well b back said:

there are reports concerned Tory MPs are already sending letters to the 1922 Committee chair Sir Graham Brady, in an attempt to trigger the no confidence vote.

Apparently surprise, surprise Boris Johnson supporters.

Allegedly. Is it in any way unreasonable for any Conservative MP to be sending in VNC letters at the moment?

4 hours ago, Herman said:

They've spent 12 years cutting everything to the bone. What else can these feckers cut??

...there's been a bit of a long term trend come to think about it...

About 12 years and ongoing....

If only they had cut poverty, or inequality - for starters.

IMG_20220928_223617.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

May famously danced her way to the podium at conference to Abba's "Dancing Queen". It's rumoured that Truss has selected another Abba tune:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, horsefly said:

May famously danced her way to the podium at conference to Abba's "Dancing Queen". It's rumoured that Truss has selected another Abba tune:

And the rest of the country is singing S.O.S.

😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Ex-PM sounds very good to me. 

There was actually a serious conversation on 5 Live about the possibility of the Tories getting rid of her. Obviously they'd have to find her first.... 

• Like 2

She has used the three weeks to garner accolade, whether it was 'the last to shake the Queens hand, or her amazing success in defeating Sunak, who had all the Boris fans against him, sitting on a tank trying to emulate Thatchers pose, anything to smile at which increases her egocentric me me me,BUT, the last few days have not provided her with an opportunity, hence best to hide away and let Crazy Kwarteng do the Fandango.

4 hours ago, Herman said:

That does sound callous.

To be fair to Lilico he also says outrageous things about capitalists. He believed that the crash in 2008 should have left the capitalists on the floor. He believes if you use the market, then if it crashes then you face the consequences.

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That does sound callous.

To be fair to Lilico he also says outrageous things about capitalists. He believed that the crash in 2008 should have left the capitalists on the floor. He believes if you use the market, then if it crashes then you face the consequences.

Perhaps he could be encouraged to take up Russian Roulette. If it's good enough for the economy surely, he must think it's good enough for himself.

Arghhhh I can’t believe this utterly mental woman and her clueless cohort, the Bank of England had to step in and yesterday we saw a recovery of sorts……you’d think that given the bank needed to step in to calm the waters to protect pensions, (I’m losing masses in mine!) Would give this government a lesson to change the thought process! But no, they blunder forwards ala Boris style! Today another 3% wiped off FTSE which knocks other markets! They are nervous of an economy of or size potentially going bang!

I can’t stand this government and I’m no Labour or any other voter, but this conservative government term from Boris and his lies, the corruption of covid contracts to mates and now we are left with the equivalent of the troubled politicians with no clue, coming up with dense ideas! It’s always the fool that buries his head and plough us on when everyone around them says not to! 

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

Arghhhh I can’t believe this utterly mental woman and her clueless cohort, the Bank of England had to step in and yesterday we saw a recovery of sorts……you’d think that given the bank needed to step in to calm the waters to protect pensions, (I’m losing masses in mine!) Would give this government a lesson to change the thought process! But no, they blunder forwards ala Boris style! Today another 3% wiped off FTSE which knocks other markets! They are nervous of an economy of or size potentially going bang!

I can’t stand this government and I’m no Labour or any other voter, but this conservative government term from Boris and his lies, the corruption of covid contracts to mates and now we are left with the equivalent of the troubled politicians with no clue, coming up with dense ideas! It’s always the fool that buries his head and plough us on when everyone around them says not to! 

Just wait, they’ll introduce a tax on exclamation marks. Then you’ll really be in trouble Indy! 😉

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Edited highlights of this morning's local radio interviews - also featuring our own Chris Goreham!

Really struggling how to react to this. Do I like it, laugh or does it confuse me or make me sad? All of them I guess.

29 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Edited highlights of this morning's local radio interviews - also featuring our own Chris Goreham!

Ah, it was Goreham.👍

Anyway, this interesting thread may provide an answer to today's shenanigans.

29 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I know that Truss was first choice for PM for a pretty small proportion of Tory MPs but even so what on earth was going through their minds when they decided to vote for this utterly clueless idiot as PM.

The only explanation that makes any sense to me is pure self-interest - they thought they would get personal advancement from her which they wouldn't have got from any of the other candidates, and when you look around at the current set of numpties that she's appointed then...... as I was taught at school many years ago....Q.E.D.

I think you're all being unfair. To me she sounded pretty much on top of things. She'd heard of King's Lynn, for example and correctly placed it in Norfolk. She knew there was some war going on somewhere that was having an impact on energy prices. And when one clever clogs interviewer tried to throw her by mentioning the IMF she didn't have to ask what organisation he was talking about. 

• Haha 3

Is there any way in the general public as they’re our servants in effect to start a petition to force an election? I admit to not following politics in my life as they bore me and never deliver on promises, but this lot must be stopped, we laughed at three years of the buffoon but at least Covid stopped him from doing too much damage but Truss….dear god she’s just lost, it’s like asking a 7 year old to run the country!

AR

“Liz Truss has finally broken her long painful silence with a series of short painful silences.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3