A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

He’s actually sacked someone for once, in the past it was them resigning under pressure. Everything that is happening now, should have happened a long, long time ago.

Still, just how thick skinned can this moron be!?. He’s clinging on all the time while dodging questions at PMQ. He does this while the speaker does nothing about it and let’s Johnson say things like “We’ve lowered taxes!”, rather than answering the questions Starmer put forward about Pincher by name, Pincher by nature.

40 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brandon Lewis has finally gone. Thoughts and prayers for Yarmouth. 

He said, "Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect are not being upheld by Government". So like all his colleagues who have been rapidly abandoning the sinking ship, he wants us to believe that he has only just discovered that Johnson is a lying, corrupt scoundrel who has reduced UK politics to a state of moral depravity. We must not forget that these plague infested rats deserting Johnson were the very people that have proved essential in facilitating his rancid reign of corruption. Not one these shameless conspirators deserves a place in government again.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Now confirmed Lewis has NOT resigned 

Confirmed this morning that he HAS resigned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Live reporting from Downing Street.

Perfect! Great choice Herman. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised, throughout his career Johnson has just carried on (see what I did there) in position when anyone else with even an atom of integrity would have resigned.

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brandon Lewis has finally gone. Thoughts and prayers for Yarmouth. 

The same Brandon Lewis who was all for breaking international law over the NI protocol…

• Like 2

I find myself with an urge to re-watch the marvellous "Downfall" today. Can't think why!

17 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm interested as to whether a rule change will go through. What MP who's a potential leader will want to wave in the possibility of weekly VNCs?

My GUESS is that they could have 2, possibly more, levels of displeasure in the current leader.

level 1 would be as is, 54. [this could remain as a yearly time frame]

level 2, say 100?? [ if having got through level 1, a second batch of letters, then a new vote could be allowed]

possibly level 3, 51% (choose your own %%) of tory MPs then PM sacked, instant dismissal!!

Chris Bryant, as ever, with a brilliant searing analysis of the current debacle on Sky news.

Five more ministers resigned already this morning. That's 50 resignations now. Come on your Maj. Your country needs you as this fat oaf has said he will never resign.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Does no. 10 Downing St. have a walk in fridge?

Yes! But Therese Coffey has to eat her way through it first to make room for BJ.

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Apparently one of those big walk-in fridges has just been delivered to Number 10…

Bump…

Rumoured that Carrie has just ordered a wallpaper steamer from Amazon. The end is nigh!

58 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I find myself with an urge to re-watch the marvellous "Downfall" today. Can't think why!

Once this is over will Downing Street be bulldozed and turned into a car park so it doesn't act as a shrine to Boris' last stand? 🤣

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples
Typo
  • Haha 1

QUESTION: Who would have thought that Johnson's reign as PM would end this way?

ANSWER: Every single person who was not an ignorant Tory who voted for this blatantly lying and corrupt buffoon to become leader.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Five more ministers resigned already this morning.

including George Freeman (Mid Norfolk)

Time to add to this Wiki page today I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_7

It sets up some future pub quiz questions. What does Boris Becker and Boris Johnson have in common (with added points for the extra fact that one hid money and one hid in a fridge). There is the London connection with the bus bombings... and I noted also in this chronology there is reference to sliced bread which was first sold in 1928. The connection is more tenuous but worth more points. As he was lauded as the best thing since sliced bread upon his leadership campaign success, was it 88, 94 or 100  years to the day that Johnson became burnt toast? Answer 94 years of course.

Edited by sonyc

I'm not sufficiently technically able to post it but I've just seen Zahawi's letter to Johnson telling him to go. Chancellor of the Exchequer for all of 36 hours!

I'm actually a little disappointed, I thought some of them would join him in his last stand and they would fight for a week like rats in a sack. 

I actually believe that they deserve the political humiliation that would come with that just for having tolerated and excused this for as long as they have.

Then again, probably better that the country has finally recovered a sense of some standards in public life.

Edited by 1902

So, Zahawi has now written to the PM calling for him to resign. Can we still expect their joint press conference this morning announcing their exciting new economic plan?

12 minutes ago, horsefly said:

QUESTION: Who would have thought that Johnson's reign as PM would end this way?

ANSWER: Every single person who was not an ignorant Tory who voted for this blatantly lying and corrupt buffoon to become leader.

It HAD to be with drama. It could not have been administrative. It has to be all about him, getting the big headlines. Like him calling himself "Big Dog", like him getting all the Big Decisions right. All about Boris Johnson. 

Articles yesterday are about him actually hating and having no respect for the Tory electorate. Told one of his former mistresses that.

Hasn't got levelling up done. Hasn't built 40 hospitals, hasn't got Brexit even half done, hasn't put £350m a day into the NHS.  An abject failure and he has fooled a lot of the electorate that found him funny, a real card. He has groomed a whole cabinet of sychophants who have taken many months longer than they should have done to resign.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Time to add to this Wiki page today I believe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_7

It sets up some future pub quiz questions. What does Boris Becker and Boris Johnson have in common (with added points for the extra fact that one hid money and one hid in a fridge). There is the London connection with the bus bombings... and I noted also in this chronology there is reference to sliced bread which was first sold in 1928. The connection is more tenuous but worth more points. As he was lauded as the best thing since sliced bread upon his leadership campaign success, was it 88, 94 or 100  years to the day that Johnson became burnt toast? Answer 94 years of course.

Have you already popped the champagne corks Sonyc?

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

Have you already popped the champagne corks Sonyc?

After almost 3 years of feeling thoroughly dismayed by the calibre of this government (by far the worst in my lifetime) in just about every policy decision, I might get something chilled for later! 

Mrs S tells me this is all like an episode of Minder where some wrong 'un is holed up in a launderette, having taken a couple of hostages and asking for a helicopter.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

After almost 3 years of feeling thoroughly dismayed by the calibre of this government (by far the worst in my lifetime) in just about every policy decision, I might get something chilled for later! 

Mrs S tells me this is all like an episode of Minder where some wrong 'un is holed up in a launderette, having taken a couple of hostages and asking for a helicopter.

Spot on Mrs S! 

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

The same Brandon Lewis who was all for breaking international law over the NI protocol…

I think the orders been given that it's every man or woman for themselves on the Tory Titanic having hit the truth and honesty iceberg.

The captain has already locked himself in the bridge in denial.  

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think the orders been given that it's every man or woman for themselves on the Tory Titanic having hit the truth and honesty iceberg.

Be careful, he is still PM and in charge of the nuclear launch codes.

And he probably knows where you live.😉

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

He'll be on the tannoy in a minute. 

Telling everyone that all though the ship is at a jaunty angle, he has a plan to level it up

• Haha 1