A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

She's probably booked an emergency hair appointment to get the Thatcher coiffure ready for the morning news round. 

She'd be wasting her time.  Far too close to Johnson for those who want change.

FFS it’s a laugh a minute, I wouldn’t have him as my accountant

BREAKINGNadhim Zahawi appointed chancellor

The education secretary has been chosen to replace Rishi Sunak, who quit earlier this evening.

Just now, Well b back said:

The education secretary has been chosen to replace Rishi Sunak, who quit earlier this evening.

I wouldn't have him mow my lawn.

Just now, benchwarmer said:

She'd be wasting her time.  Far too close to Johnson for those who want change.

I hope you're right. The main concern is that she is very popular among constituency members, the very same people who voted Johnson in. My money is still on Ben Wallace (something I predicted back in April).

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I wouldn't have him mow my lawn.

I wouldn't have him mow your lawn either.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The shortest Chancellorship in history I predict.  This is over.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

He'd do a good job fiddling your taxes though.

Just now, benchwarmer said:

The shortest Chancellorship in history I predict.  This is over.

Just like when he took over as vaccine minister, you didn’t see him for six months, whilst we in the NHS sorted the s*** out. When it was sorted he reappeared taking credit.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Once upon a time maybe but if you've been watching them for the last three years then its eminently believable.

Actually make that the last six years now I think about it.

I've been watching British politics closely since the early 90s. As for the last 6 years, TM's majority wasn't that big, which is why she gambled on a GE with good polling, then made a complete hash of it, and went into minority government, so we've only had about two and a bit years of a really huge Conservative majority. This degree of internal rebellion with a leader still hanging on is unprecedented.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Once upon a time maybe but if you've been watching them for the last three years then its eminently believable.

Actually make that the last six years now I think about it.

That’s the thing. Anyone with a scintilla of intelligence who paid any attention to the news would have realised Boris Johnson was a walking car crash years ago. How the actual f*** did he get this far??? Never underestimate the intelligence of the general public. Or the ability of the Tory party to sell its soul for power.

How are these people suited for their new positions? Zahawi has a nice large bank account so make him Chancellor?

Barclay may have been more suited😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Just like when he took over as vaccine minister, you didn’t see him for six months, whilst we in the NHS sorted the s*** out. When it was sorted he reappeared taking credit.

I remember thinking at the time that doing fuc*k all and letting the professionals get on with it was probably the best thing a member of this crappy government could do in a crisis.

As most of you will know up until recently I could say I had voted Tory all my life. There are 100’s of thousands, if not millions like me that have turned at least whilst Johnson is in charge. I thought tonight would be the end, and at around 7 tonight I thought about posting to say there maybe times when I am arguing against some of you guys. However, this is the final straw, I now have to say the numpties that still can’t see how our country is being destroyed and are happy to back him can also no longer have my support. Consequently I now don’t just see the clown as a problem, I see the whole party as the problem. 
Based on the fact that the likes of Mogg are saying that Johnson was elected by the British public and therefore has a mandate a General Election should be called ‘ IMMEDIATELY ‘ to put this to the test.

A mandate was also given by the British people ( including me ) to leave the EU. This vote was clearly based on lies. Why not put that to the test as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I remember thinking at the time that doing fuc*k all and letting the professionals get on with it was probably the best thing a member of this crappy government could do in a crisis.

To be fair, it's the most intelligent thing any politician can do in a crisis. 

• Like 1

This is government using the Watford model😅

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I remember back well. It was finally left to the NHS and guess what, vaccine was actually delivered, it became possible to book appointments and the hubs began to open. It was then hailed as the government roll out, with the NHS ridiculed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A mandate was also given by the British people ( including me ) to leave the EU. This vote was clearly based on lies. Why not put that to the test as well.

Sadly, Kier Starmer won’t be doing that. Or even taking tentative steps back towards the single market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Ok. So today's scandals and Johnson catastrophes are done. 

Time for new scandal tomorrow. Any guess as to what?

Let’s have a sweepstake to see when Dominic will finally finish him off.

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

Zahawi seen going into No.10. Which means either we have a new chancellor or one less minister presumably.

Apparently he threatened to resign unless given the No.11 job (Johnson wanted Truss). Shows just how weak Johnson now is (if those rumours are true).

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Sadly, Kier Starmer won’t be doing that. Or even taking tentative steps back towards the single market.

I agree Nuff, but in any other industry, if you lied to get a result, you would be sacked, or if it was fraudulent you would face the courts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Apparently he threatened to resign unless given the No.11 job (Johnson wanted Truss). Shows just how weak Johnson now is (if those rumours are true).

In which case, nobody else knew which it would be when he walked in.

What an absolute circus.

Imagine winning an 80 seat majority in a general election, giving you a genuine opportunity to write your name in the country's history as a great reforming PM who served the people with honour. Now imagine pis*sing that up the wall for the sake free wallpaper, trying to get your mates off the hook for corruption, attending illegal parties, lying to the House of Commons, and promoting sex abusing friends to positions of power. What a great guy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Haha! Imagine being so enfeebled that even Zahawi feels confident to bully you. 

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not sure if you are watching ITV Hesseltine is now saying the same as my statement, he clearly lied to get people to vote for Brexit. Therefore he said, when Johnson goes, Brexit must also be looked at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Haha! Imagine being so enfeebled that even Zahawi feels confident to bully you. 

Imagine having a cabinet so pathetic, that Zahawi is a big enough hitter to even pull this off. 

It's like some form of political horror show of the over promoted and unprincipled. Then again, they were literally all put I to that cabinet for one job. To follow Boris' Brexit policy, that was the only requirement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Let’s have a sweepstake to see when Dominic will finally finish him off.

You can help feeling that Dom might have something in store ....but as things currently stand it is two Non Dom's that are inflicting some serious damage on him 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As most of you will know up until recently I could say I had voted Tory all my life. There are 100’s of thousands, if not millions like me that have turned at least whilst Johnson is in charge. I thought tonight would be the end, and at around 7 tonight I thought about posting to say there maybe times when I am arguing against some of you guys. However, this is the final straw, I now have to say the numpties that still can’t see how our country is being destroyed and are happy to back him can also no longer have my support. Consequently I now don’t just see the clown as a problem, I see the whole party as the problem. 
Based on the fact that the likes of Mogg are saying that Johnson was elected by the British public and therefore has a mandate a General Election should be called ‘ IMMEDIATELY ‘ to put this to the test.

Yep. When the likes of Rory Stewart and Dominic Grieve were tossed out, they lost me. What we're seeing is the apoptosis.

• Like 1