A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Our  'little' Tories are already trying to create mischief with their bias and inequality. Mc. Carthyism is already at work. Next stop, removing cultural works, music and much more in a mindless hate spree.

This from a man who wife lost her work tonight.

"My wife seems to have been sacked from a contract role this evening for being Russian. Got a call this evening saying not to go in to work tomorrow and pass is cancelled. Just vague mention of difficulties, nothing in writing so far.

This after a positive meeting with the boss yesterday, planning for the weeks ahead and organising credentials to log onto a new system.

No complaints, no mention of difficulties yesterday, only supportive comments. Bullet today, same day memos came round saying they were banning all dealings with Russian clients and suppliers.

As a recently starting contractor nothing that a law would protect either"

Perhaps we can see why the Tories were so keen to change the rules on scrutiny of MP's during the Owen Paterson affair:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/inadequate-records-kept-of-700m-worth-of-covid-deals-for-firm-linked-to-tory-mp/ar-AAVqBBm?ocid=msedgntp

'Inadequate' records kept of £700m worth of Covid deals for firm linked to Tory MP

The Government kept "inadequate" records of negotiations towards more than £700m worth of Covid contracts handed to a firm linked to a Tory MP, an official probe has found.

Ministers attended eight meetings with testing firm Randox - twice as many as previously disclosed - but kept minutes for just two, according to the National Audit Office’s investigation.

The firm and its strategic partner Qnostics Ltd were handed £776.9 million with of contracts - 60% of which were awarded without competition under "emergency procurement" rules.

The firm had former Tory MP Owen Paterson on their payroll as a consultant.

And documents released last month revealed he had personally lobbied then-Health Secretary Matt Hancock for the firm - and asking him to "kill" news stories making claims about his involvement with the initial £60m deal.

Before the NAO’s report today, the government had admitted to four ministerial meetings with Randox since the start of the pandemic.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Our  'little' Tories are already trying to create mischief with their bias and inequality. Mc. Carthyism is already at work. Next stop, removing cultural works, music and much more in a mindless hate spree.

This from a man who wife lost her work tonight.

"My wife seems to have been sacked from a contract role this evening for being Russian. Got a call this evening saying not to go in to work tomorrow and pass is cancelled. Just vague mention of difficulties, nothing in writing so far.

This after a positive meeting with the boss yesterday, planning for the weeks ahead and organising credentials to log onto a new system.

No complaints, no mention of difficulties yesterday, only supportive comments. Bullet today, same day memos came round saying they were banning all dealings with Russian clients and suppliers.

As a recently starting contractor nothing that a law would protect either"

Yeah its all the bleddy Unions fault we're in this mess. Bleddy Marxist lot.

Oh, hang on. There aren't any Unions anymore. Even our bleddy Tory Blair managed to get rid of them.

Negotiations 2022:

No you can't have anything

But productivity is high

Yeah? But that is down to our wonderful CEO and caring shareholders.

And, you can fcuk off if you don't like it.

• Like 1

I thought Rachel Reeves did well yesterday in her opposition speech. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/rachel-reeves-rishi-sunak-ted-heath_uk_623af2f7e4b019fd8135235d

I notice she is being criticised in today's Tory press, a sure sign she has hit upon some home truths. I note too the reference to a 'sign off' in reduction in the size of the army by this administration. At this time? Seems an odd move.

I thought she characterised Sunak well in her Alice in Wonderland quotes... For "We stand by people", read "GTF"....just like we are standing by Ukraine but our home office has placed such barriers in the way of helping. 

Politics in 2020s style seems is all about who wins a kind of marketing war ("take back control", we are "levelling up" and so on). Marketing skills abound. 

Reminds me of car adverts ...concentrate on the weaker characteristics and make it sound and look on the surface like the opposite. Reeves, in her response, for me, started to conjure up similar images, in Lewis Carroll speak ...in this case, how we should believe whatever is said ACTUALLY means the opposite. A speech only but nevertheless, a clever speech.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ricardo said:

Everyone likes receiving, nobody likes paying.

Who'd a thunk it.

Personally, I think that I should pay more tax and vote for it every at every election. I think that there are millions of others who do the same.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Badger said:

Personally, I think that I should pay more tax and vote for it every at every election. I think that there are millions of others who do the same.

Absolutely. The dominant narrative has always been that low tax parties are the best. Sunak boasted yesterday about it, to great cheers. Whereas I felt it was just so ironic! What is wrong with all of us chipping in to pay for great services. For care, for our health service, for education, the best in the world. So much so in fact that as a nation we are proud of our giving. That our hard work is contributing to a better society, built on our national values. That we wouldn't want to live anywhere else because we have it about right. That appears to be a Scandinavian trait though. Their paternity leave being a decent example, just to give one.

Why isn't paying more tax something we should be doing? It needs the whole population to understand then how that tax is used, how it keeps the streets clean, people safe, educated etc. The narrative has been counter to this for so long. What you get as a result is a mean spirited kind of society that tries to then label folk who have nothing. That budget did just that.... if you drive a car ✔️ have a solar panel✔️ have a heat pump✔️ help with food and heat

I hope we get some parties that make a point out of raising taxes (and for what purpose) ahead. It will ennoble our politics. Otherwise we carry on and we will all see the negative side of what poverty brings...increasing crime and social problems. The latter being so costly of course. Far better we all pay for improved, higher quality services and try and be preventative. Can you see many media outlets (in the mass/ popular sense) getting behind those ideas? I'm not sure we can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

For God's sake man, everyone else can look dignified so why can't you?

image.png.7b9a06aad24db67dd798fe35c2d1835c.png

Coldwar Steve got in quick.😂

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

Coldwar Steve got in quick.😂

Am I going soft because I feel sorry for him?

Theresa May and Cameron used to look isolated too.

This small clip shows just a snippet of relationships I reckon. Doubt Johnson cares especially.

#billynomates

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Am I going soft because I feel sorry for him?

Theresa May and Cameron used to look isolated too.

This small clip shows just a snippet of relationships I reckon. Doubt Johnson cares especially.

#billynomates

It's that wave to an imaginary friend at the end that nails it. Johnson reminds me somewhat of:

• Like 1

No,I wouldn't say soft. You still have empathy and humanity which separates you from the average Kipper/right winger. Like me, you probably are also sad that he still represents us and our country and it hurts to see it shown that lack of respect.

• Sad 1

No surprise to find Gove was at it too:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/private-emails-reveal-gove-s-role-in-tory-linked-firm-s-ppe-deals/ar-AAVqSKr?ocid=msedgntp

Private emails reveal Gove’s role in Tory-linked firm’s PPE deals

Michael Gove was secretly involved in the process through which a PPE company linked to the Tory peer Michelle Mone secured huge government contracts, according to newly released documents that show private emails being used for government business.

Herman, you're correct. I'm the sort to put myself in another's shoes. And it is an uncomfortable feeling looking at that clip because you imagine what it would be like if you were in the same position. Like being picked last for a side in a junior football team😅. I guess he is used though to being the soul of the party most of the time (too much so...party gate) plus he is an habitual liar. I shouldn't feel soft therefore. But everyone is human.

My wife always chides me "there's your mate" every time David (Brexit Bulldog) Davis comes on TV. She loves it. I once had about 15 minutes chatting to him when hosting him at my old workplace. It was at the time of his run off with Cameron for the leadership and I chanced my arm asking him about his feelings. He told me it was basically a load of boll*x  and really a circus. Quite a normal bloke. Before I met him I had a different view than after. I still cringe at his Brexit work - but can't altogether say I dislike him (plus he told Johnson where to go recently). Would never vote for him of course.

It would be a challenge being an MP because your job is always to mediate and yet take a side. Very hard not to come across as a hypocrite at times I reckon because you're bound to upset factions.

I guess as far as Johnson is concerned he has made his bed ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

No surprise to find Gove was at it too:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/private-emails-reveal-gove-s-role-in-tory-linked-firm-s-ppe-deals/ar-AAVqSKr?ocid=msedgntp

Private emails reveal Gove’s role in Tory-linked firm’s PPE deals

Michael Gove was secretly involved in the process through which a PPE company linked to the Tory peer Michelle Mone secured huge government contracts, according to newly released documents that show private emails being used for government business.

• Like 2

Politicians and journos made to show how silly their scripted arguments are by Serwotka, Union leader, on Question Time last night.

No ifs buts or maybes. No tangents. No we could but. Just tell it how it is from the bottom up not the other appalling way round.

Hinds and Nandy squabbling. Journalist knows everything but the answer.

• Like 1

PM calls for P & O boss to resign for breaking the law and being dishonest.

Now not that I disagree that he should resign but that brings the words pot kettle and black to mind. Those in greenhouses should not throw stones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first wave of fines with more to come

“Scotland Yard expected to issue 'partygate' fines imminently

Metropolitan Police concluded Covid laws were broken at the heart of the Government with 20 Fixed Penalty Notices expected to be issued”

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The first wave of fines with more to come

“Scotland Yard expected to issue 'partygate' fines imminently

Metropolitan Police concluded Covid laws were broken at the heart of the Government with 20 Fixed Penalty Notices expected to be issued”

By definition, based on the wording of the invitation, the BYOB party in the garden of Number 10 broke the rules.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

By definition, based on the wording of the invitation, the BYOB party in the garden of Number 10 broke the rules.

“Hi all, after what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening. Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!”

Such social mixing, even if supposedly distanced,  was specifically banned at that time, and the invitation makes it plain this was not a working meeting but the opposite - a party to thank people for the work they had done and as a break from that work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

“Hi all, after what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening. Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!”

Such social mixing, even if supposedly distanced,  was specifically banned at that time, and the invitation makes it plain this was not a working meeting but the opposite - a party to thank people for the work they had done and as a break from that work.

Indeed! It's a slam dunk breach of the rules. I think a lot of people also ignore the fact that the rules did not ban parties as such but banned ANY SOCIAL gathering in ANY context. Thus it is neither here nor there that the gathering was described as "socially distanced drinks" rather than as a party. Either way it was a banned social gathering. A huge amount of egregious dissembling has traded on an entirely irrelevant discussion of what constitutes a party. It was gatherings of people for social purposes that was banned and it was these events that proliferated in number ten in flagrant breach of the rules that found thousands of others fined and prosecuted.

Surely the difference between autocracies such as Russia and democracies is that none are above the law and in a democracy the leaders work within the laws of the land.

Its as bald as that. If he's fined he goes.