A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

18 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Spanish is second most native-language spoken after Mandarin Chinese, and fourth most spoken language after English, Mandarin and Hindi.

Your post should be in the languages thread as it's nothing to do with the new tory leader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Your post should be in the languages thread as it's nothing to do with the new tory leader.

What language dialect does Johnson speak - 'forked tongue'? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

What do they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

What do they say about sarcasm being the lowest form of wit?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. 😉

24 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

After yesterday's nonsense at PMQ's, lies and lies and more lies, we have a pathetic excuse about telephones.

Yes. Johnson using the word compromised in the wrong context.

Afraid I will have to take a break from posting. Came back from a day out at the seaside to find the cleaning lady had left the apartment looking really like a bit of a tip. A couple of drinks coasters put back on the wrong occasional tables and the biscuit tin placed where the bread bin should go and vice versa. It is going to take me quite a while plus a large non-repayable loan to sort out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Afraid I will have to take a break from posting. Came back from a day out at the seaside to find the cleaning lady had left the apartment looking really like a bit of a tip. A couple of drinks coasters put back on the wrong occasional tables and the biscuit tin placed where the bread bin should go and vice versa. It is going to take me quite a while plus a large non-repayable loan to sort out.

Oh dear, that's terrible news. I hope you fired her on the spot. Better check the cutlery too. She may have mixed the fish forks in with the desert forks.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

And what nation was the cleaning lady from?

I got mine off the back of a lorry, just outside Gravesend.

Edited by keelansgrandad

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh dear, that's terrible news. I hope you fired her on the spot. Better check the cutlery too. She may have mixed the fish forks in with the desert forks.

Phew! Fortunately she hadn't committed that unthinkable faux pas, but she had stored the Le Creuset terrine mould in with the saucepans and casseroles instead of alongside the fish kettle...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Phew! Fortunately she hadn't committed that unthinkable faux pas, but she had stored the Le Creuset terrine mould in with the saucepans and casseroles instead of alongside the fish kettle...

PS Herman. No, I didn't fire her, but that's definitely the last time I hire someone from Carrie on Cleaning - Chars to the Stars...

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Very understandable. It's all the time you have to spend on the phone persuading someone else to pay for a new cleaner to come in and sort everything out. And then of course you have to get rid of that phone and get a new one just in case some nosey parker official accuses you of doing something wrong.

With this government I'm beginning to get confused about whether I'm watching our politicians "governing" the country or watching an episode of The Wire. We now have a PM who is effectively using burner phones to cover up for his criminal activity.

• Like 2

The same idiot tory came out with the same idiotic nonsense. This is how it was dealt with last time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

No idea how tall he is really, or the colour of his eyes, but the song fits the actions. Not only does he make a major couple of moves, but he also throws cold water on the drinks party the other day in his latest blog. Surely BJ knows whenever any of them have a couple of lies to tell, Cummings will have the evidence on his phone.

’ 6ft eyes of blue, Dominic Cummings is after you ‘

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59913081

31 minutes ago, Well b back said:

No idea how tall he is really, or the colour of his eyes, but the song fits the actions. Not only does he make a major couple of moves, but he also throws cold water on the drinks party the other day in his latest blog. Surely BJ knows whenever any of them have a couple of lies to tell, Cummings will have the evidence on his phone.

’ 6ft eyes of blue, Dominic Cummings is after you ‘

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59913081

I'm hoping he has a stick of dynamite hidden away, at the moment it feels like firecrackers, to really blow Johnson out of Number 10.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm hoping he has a stick of dynamite hidden away, at the moment it feels like firecrackers, to really blow Johnson out of Number 10.

He has lol

Lets hope these rumours of Corbyn setting up his own party are true, he can take all the nutters with him and leave a Labour Party that at least will have some prospect of being electable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Lets hope these rumours of Corbyn setting up his own party are true, he can take all the nutters with him and leave a Labour Party that at least will have some prospect of being electable.

Most new parties get a blaze of publicity, maybe even an MP. And then the status quo returns.

I want some Corbyn policies in the Labour Party, not a new party.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Most new parties get a blaze of publicity, maybe even an MP. And then the status quo returns.

I want some Corbyn policies in the Labour Party, not a new party.

I'm sure SKS will choose the sorts of policies that will give him a chance of being next PM, if a policy is good then it could appear in the manifesto of two separate parties.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

I'm sure SKS will choose the sorts of policies that will give him a chance of being next PM, if a policy is good then it could appear in the manifesto of two separate parties.

I think SKS is trying to purge Labour of most if not all Corbyn policies.

I think people assume a policy is going to happen. Nothing further from the truth. A policy is a means to achieve part if not the whole of the Party's ideals.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think people assume a policy is going to happen. Nothing further from the truth. A policy is a means to achieve part if not the whole of the Party's ideals.

The problem was always Corbyn's extra baggage - 'anti-West' pacifist tendancies etc but not at the time many (not all) of his more general policies. He was straight out of the '70s unreformed. Nationalizing rail and some of utilities were popular (I suspect a new 'Come back Sid' will be even more popular after next years price rises)

21 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The problem was always Corbyn's extra baggage - 'anti-West' pacifist tendancies etc but not at the time many (not all) of his more general policies. He was straight out of the '70s unreformed. Nationalizing rail and some of utilities were popular (I suspect a new 'Come back Sid' will be even more popular after next years price rises)

Well this windfall tax on the energy companies isn't going to solve too much in the long run.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

More than one way to skin a cat KG and many ways to achieve social justice, but the key to all is having power.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

More than one way to skin a cat KG and many ways to achieve social justice, but the key to all is having power.

Its always been a problem for Labour, VW. Getting into power.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Just think - if SKS wins the next election he could set up a 'Truth & Reconciliation' commission for Johnson and his friends....

• Like 2