A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

22 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

They had a top 5 single in the Christmas Chart last year called “Boris Johnson is a fúcking cúnt”. Radio 1 only described the song in the chart rundown and didn’t play it. They didn’t play that and won’t play this either.

It was recorded during lockdown in a shed and there was a campaign to get it to No.1. This was done by playing the song on streaming repeat and buying the song.

Looks like they now have a follow up single to this.

I remember Dead Kennedys getting in the charts with "Too Drunk To Fúck"

Radio one could barely mention the band name, let alone the song title 

Wiki......"The single reached Number 36 in the UK Singles Chart,[1] although it was not stocked in some record shops because of its provocative title. It was the first UK Top 40 single to include the word "****" in its title. It was banned from Radio 1 airplay by the BBC. In chart listings, it was usually referred to as "Too Drunk To". When it reached the Top 40, presenter Tony Blackburn referred to it simply as "a record by a group calling themselves The Dead Kennedys".[citation needed] Dead Kennedys supplied a sticker for some record stores who took offense to the title which said, "Caution: You are the victim of yet another stodgy retailer afraid to warp your mind by revealing the title of this record so peel slowly and see...""

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Johnson's shambles of a government and especially the Tory loons I always thought the jibe 'the lights are on but nobodies home' was apt.

However, I was mistaken. It should of read.

The lights are on because they are having a knees up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I remember Dead Kennedys getting in the charts with "Too Drunk To Fúck"

Radio one could barely mention the band name, let alone the song title 

Wiki......"The single reached Number 36 in the UK Singles Chart,[1] although it was not stocked in some record shops because of its provocative title. It was the first UK Top 40 single to include the word "****" in its title. It was banned from Radio 1 airplay by the BBC. In chart listings, it was usually referred to as "Too Drunk To". When it reached the Top 40, presenter Tony Blackburn referred to it simply as "a record by a group calling themselves The Dead Kennedys".[citation needed] Dead Kennedys supplied a sticker for some record stores who took offense to the title which said, "Caution: You are the victim of yet another stodgy retailer afraid to warp your mind by revealing the title of this record so peel slowly and see...""

Simply brilliant band and so different from everything else out there at the time. Their music still sounds brilliant today and I love how they stuck two fingers up to the industry and snowflake retailers with that sticker!.

• Like 1

Purely an administrative error, he forgot to do it as he was on a zoom call to a Caribbean tax haven. 😀

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tory-mp-adam-afriyie-failed-to-declare-his-role-in-drug-company-nxhj8v3fr?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1640171459

A senior Conservative MP who lobbied parliament about medical cannabis failed to declare his chairmanship of a distribution company for the drug, The Times can reveal.

The MPs' standards watchdog has dismissed a complaint against senior government minister Jacob Rees-Mogg concerning his outside earnings.

The Commons standards commissioner opened an inquiry into whether he had failed to declare loans worth nearly £6m from one of his own companies.

But she concluded that he had not broken the rules.

Mr Rees-Mogg said he was "grateful to the commissioner for swiftly rejecting this accusation".

Quoting the Shakespeare play Othello in a tweet, the House of Commons leader added: "Who steals my purse steals trash… but he that filches from me my good name robs me of that which not enriches him and makes me poor indeed."

Doesn't anyone want an appeals process?

• Like 1

Hell, this fella has a brass neck:

Boris Johnson can “get away with things that mere mortals can’t seem to”, the former prime minister David Cameron has said, while suggesting there has been an “arms race” between politicians and the media to outwit one another.

Brexit, Austerity, Greensill, shell companies.....

crikey....the entitlement of his statements today.

(I read that he had only ever travelled anywhere on any mode of transport by first class until he was in his late twenties).

Edited by sonyc

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

One small step:    'Keir Starmer has signalled he could be open to informal pacts with the Liberal Democrats and smaller parties at the next general in order to remove Boris Johnson from No 10 and deprive the Tories of a majority.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/keir-starmer-liberal-democrats-election-b1981971.html

Exactly so, a small step in the right direction but he's is going to have to do a lot more than he is suggesting at the moment if we are to get the right result.

Still as they say, every journey begins with a single.......😊

• Like 1

This is the funniest of the polls 

The poll of constituencies, carried out in the first three weeks of this month, also suggests Mr Johnson would have lost his seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

This is the funniest of the polls 

The poll of constituencies, carried out in the first three weeks of this month, also suggests Mr Johnson would have lost his seat of Uxbridge and South Ruislip.

I'm sure he could still be PM as an unelected Lord.

Such is our dysfunctional and plain daft constitution!

Edited by Yellow Fever

On 24/12/2021 at 11:48, sonyc said:

Hell, this fella has a brass neck:

Boris Johnson can “get away with things that mere mortals can’t seem to”, the former prime minister David Cameron has said, while suggesting there has been an “arms race” between politicians and the media to outwit one another.

Brexit, Austerity, Greensill, shell companies.....

crikey....the entitlement of his statements today.

(I read that he had only ever travelled anywhere on any mode of transport by first class until he was in his late twenties).

Why did anyone bother interviewing Cameron? Dodgy Dave's opinion is as valid as Charlie Bronsons.

Starmer needs to keep quiet, put his feet up and let Johnson do the work for him. Eight (or is it nine) point lead. A Labour majority of 28 (more with tactical voting).

image.thumb.png.b00f71aa2f35fffc584abbda45bde2f1.png

8 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Starmer needs to keep quiet, put his feet up and let Johnson do the work for him. Eight (or is it nine) point lead. A Labour majority of 28 (more with tactical voting).

image.thumb.png.b00f71aa2f35fffc584abbda45bde2f1.png

Yep, pretty much how Biden did Trump. Just let him keep speaking.

30 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Happy New Year

Did I read somewhere last few days that IF Labour and LibDems could agree some sort of deal there wouldn't be one Tory elected anywhere ?

Extintion Rebellion could have whole new Meaning!

Edited by Yellow Fever

No. There are Tory seats where their majority was over 50%. I am not sure if it can be taken that all LibDems prefer Labour to the Tories, either. A hung Parliament would mean the usual 'horse trading' Whereby a dozen at the most, would decide what happens. The Torys have held their fire while Johnson made all manner of promises. Lies as it turned out. The party will tear itself apart when trying to sort out it's next leader. Therein also exposes the fallacy of PR. The ERG and others should leave and join the Deform group. Much as the entryists on the left should go. Be honest and stand on what they believe. Not seek to gain control. Through all manner of tricks and deceit. They would be granted seats under PR. To what end? They would both have to align with their respective parties. Or allow the other side to form a government, by default. Johnson is doing immense harm. The longer he stays. The more voters are switching off. Permanently in many cases. Who is then acceptable to voters? Among a very sorry bunch.

7 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Did I read somewhere last few days that IF Labour and LibDems could agree some sort of deal there wouldn't be one Tory elected anywhere ?

Extintion Rebellion could have whole new Meaning!

Tactically, no. There are "Soft Tories" who would never vote for Labour or any pact containing Labour.

Much better to do this informally and play up the prospect of a hung parliament.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/12/30/workers-should-get-limited-pay-rises-protect-elderly-inflation/?utm_content=telegraph&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1640900748

Workers should be given limited pay rises this year in order to protect pensioners from inflation, a Tory MP has said....

In October he said that MP's were struggling to get by on their £80k plus expenses & subsidised bars and restaurants.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Workers should be given limited pay rises this year in order to protect pensioners from inflation, a Tory MP has said....

Unbelievable.

Perhaps the average (not all) pensioner could of thought about the economy when they voted for Brexit.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Aren't pensioners still in the triple-lock?

That got clipped this year as the 'rise' would of been an unwarranted statistical quirk otherwise.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Pensioners should be OK. They should have a stable home economy and don't have to use their cars etc. I can walk to my local Tesco in under 10 minutes for instance.

But families who may be feeling the pinch, if its genuine, need help at the moment. I would imagine many have maxed out credit cards.

26 minutes ago, Herman said:

Think they've suspended it because they don't want to pay out based on the current inflation rate - not that they'd ever go back on a promise of course.............🙄

Being bombarded by news you tend to forget some important details. Maybe that is their plan, if they actually have one.

46 minutes ago, Herman said:

Being bombarded by **** to distract from the news you tend to forget some important details. Maybe that is their plan, if they actually have one.

I think that is exactly their plan - the only plan they have 😊

• Haha 1