A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Bercow absolutely nails the difference between the sleaze that has infected past Tory regimes and the current mob's utter immorality:

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, RobJames said:

There is a great reluctance for any Tory to step up. However, polls that would wipe away 117 Tories cannot be ignored. I suspect a move away from the hard right. And towards the centre will follow..

Anyone who thinks Boris is hard right is deluding themselves

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You misread the room (as usual). We simply think he's an immoral, fraudulent, lying King Cnut.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, horsefly said:

Bercow absolutely nails the difference between the sleaze that has infected past Tory regimes and the current mob's utter immorality:

Bercow can go on TV and tell millions - bluntly and quite correctly - that Johnson is a serial liar. And posters here can as well. But for some some absurdly outdated reason Starmer cannot do the same in The House of Commons.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The leaked video doesn't contain any explicit admission of anything though, and the resignation was ostensibly for making light of the pandemic measures rather than any party. 

Personally, I think the big issue here is the lie rather than the event itself. If they'd had simply said they were in the office together working and decided they might as well have a glass of wine together they'd have shrugged it off by now. 

She got round it by saying “fictional party”, looks like there’s evidence out there now though.

It’s alright for this lot in their ivory towers to impose lockdowns while they laugh at us and hold secret parties. It’s a domestic prison sentence with one trip to the exercise yard a day and only Netflix and sh*t delivery food as privileges. 

At the end of the day, it’s only a matter of time this party will be voted out by the public or Boris’s own party will oust him.

Edited by KernowCanary

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

You are joking right? He may come across in his appearances in front of the camera as someone who wants to level up Britain but its vertically not horizontally. He is overseeing some of the most disgusting right wing provocation and lawmaking in years. He appointed Patel, who makes Tebbit look like Nelson Mandela.

• Like 2

If you find talk of parties a little trivial (despite the fact that it involved the government in law-breaking) take a look at the following:

14 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The leaked video doesn't contain any explicit admission of anything though, and the resignation was ostensibly for making light of the pandemic measures rather than any party. 

Personally, I think the big issue here is the lie rather than the event itself. If they'd had simply said they were in the office together working and decided they might as well have a glass of wine together they'd have shrugged it off by now. 

As ill-informed as ever. Try keeping up to date with the news and the facts. The party was organised via WhatsApp and involved people coming from outside the office to attend. It also involved a secret santa (not something that can be done on the spur of the moment). Guess you won't be getting a job in the press department of No.10 anytime soon; "shrugged it off" FFS! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You are joking right? He may come across in his appearances in front of the camera as someone who wants to level up Britain but its vertically not horizontally. He is overseeing some of the most disgusting right wing provocation and lawmaking in years. He appointed Patel, who makes Tebbit look like Nelson Mandela.

Right-wing is a meaningless term these days. It just means people who consider themselves left-wing think it's bad. 

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Right-wing is a meaningless term these days. It just means people who consider themselves left-wing think it's bad. 

Hows that? Of course left wing people think its bad. Why wouldn't they? What else do we call it when we see a Government eroding our rights?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Anyone who thinks there is a rightwing. Is deluding themselves. According to your friend. The little yellow bird

• Haha 2

Yesterdays council election

Old Bracknell (Bracknell Forest) council by-election result:LAB: 61.1% (+23.2) CON: 38.9% (-9.3) Labour GAIN from Conservative. No LDem (-13.9) as previous

Anston & Woodsetts (Rotherham) by-election result: LDEM: 38.6% (+16.6) CON: 26.1% (-6.6) LAB: 20.3% (+0.4) IND (Jepson): 7.2% (+7.2) IND (Ireland): 4.5% (-11.7) GRN: 2.4% (-5.8) YORK: 0.8% (+0.8) RDP: 0.2% (+0.2) Liberal Democrat GAIN from Conservative.

Aughton & Swallownest (Rotherham) by-election: LAB: 49.8% (+10.2) CON: 38.3% (+6.1) GRN: 4.6% (+4.6) YORK: 2.7% (+2.7) TUSC: 2.5% (+2.5) RDP: 1.2% (-15.3) LDEM: 1.1% (-4.1) Labour GAIN from Conservative.

It is the huge swing away from the Tories in the safe seats. That will be of concern. Not looking good for next Thursday.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

"Left-wing" is a meaningless term these days. It just means people who consider themselves right-wing think it's bad. Yep! That's how stupid your statement is.

11 minutes ago, horsefly said:

"Left-wing" is a meaningless term these days. It just means people who consider themselves right-wing think it's bad. Yep! That's how stupid your statement is.

Okay, smart ****. Define left wing and right wing. 

Edit: Actually, on second thoughts, don't bother: really don't have any interest in your opinion on anything you tedious inadequate troll. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hows that? Of course left wing people think its bad. Why wouldn't they? What else do we call it when we see a Government eroding our rights?

Point I was making is that neither term left-wing or right-wing has much relevance to modern political positioning due to the one dimensional nature of the paradigm against the very multi-dimensional nature of modern politics. 

Case in point: Donald Trump has been characterised as right wing, yet you can point to policy ideas where he was on song with Jeremy Corbyn, such as the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and also favouring protectionism, which is very much a left-wing economic concept aimed at protecting labour standards from the risk of being undercut from cheaper labour abroad; the terms are vague to the point of being meaningless. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

This year's 10 Downing Street Christmas party has been cancelled amid growing anger over a gathering that occurred last December when London was under strict Covid restrictions.

But Boris Johnson has declared his full confidence in communications chief Jack Doyle, after it emerged that he had spoken at last year's event.

An inquiry is under way into what happened at the party and who attended.

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer called the prime minister "unfit for office".

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Okay, smart ****. Define left wing and right wing.

I was replying to RTB. But the names seem interchangeable. As does the right wing bigotry.

53 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Point I was making is that neither term left-wing or right-wing has much relevance to modern political positioning due to the one dimensional nature of the paradigm against the very multi-dimensional nature of modern politics. 

Case in point: Donald Trump has been characterised as right wing, yet you can point to policy ideas where he was on song with Jeremy Corbyn, such as the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and also favouring protectionism, which is very much a left-wing economic concept aimed at protecting labour standards from the risk of being undercut from cheaper labour abroad; the terms are vague to the point of being meaningless. 

I think you are squeezing the middle of the toothpaste there. The result is approached from two polar opposites.

Indeed I can’t see why they cancelled this years party! Bloody stupid and just typical of this useless bunch of chancers in charge! Instead of disciplining those who attended, he backs them and tries to deflect criticism by cancelling parties at no. 10. How this guy is still leader is beyond me, not only is he two faced, he’s been shown as a liar, shown to have broken financial rules regarding his apartment and totally ruining the UK economy. And yet still lots of people actually think he’s doing a good job! What is it about some Brits and this bumbling buffoon..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

And yet still lots of people actually think he’s doing a good job! What is it about some Brits and this bumbling buffoon..

Becoming less by the day. Latest polls - Con 33%, Lab 41%. Which would see 128 Tories lose their sears. And Lab a handful off an overall majority. 66 per cent of the public now have an unfavourable opinion of Mr Johnson. It gets worse by the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Indeed I can’t see why they cancelled this years party! Bloody stupid and just typical of this useless bunch of chancers in charge! Instead of disciplining those who attended, he backs them and tries to deflect criticism by cancelling parties at no. 10. How this guy is still leader is beyond me, not only is he two faced, he’s been shown as a liar, shown to have broken financial rules regarding his apartment and totally ruining the UK economy. And yet still lots of people actually think he’s doing a good job! What is it about some Brits and this bumbling buffoon..

It's not Brits, it's the English. The class system still runs deep here. Johnson and Rees Mogg are richer and went to a very posh school therefore they are better than us. That sort of mentality will take another generation or so to get rid of. Maybe.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

It's not Brits, it's the English. The class system still runs deep here. Johnson and Rees Mogg are richer and went to a very posh school therefore they are better than us. That sort of mentality will take another generation or so to get rid of. Maybe.

The problem was Labour had that absolute commie in charge of the last election so there really wasn’t much choice, I could never vote for Corbin, nor anyone else at the last election so you could say I wasted my vote but what should I have done! I’m seriously pissed off with entire lot of them, it really doesn’t matter who you vote for, they take your money and most ensure jobs for mates, contracts for those in positions to aid and the electorate are really not bothered about…….it’s an antiquated and misused system now which could do with bringing into the 21st century.

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

The problem was Labour had that absolute commie in charge of the last election so there really wasn’t much choice, I could never vote for Corbin, nor anyone else at the last election so you could say I wasted my vote but what should I have done! I’m seriously pissed off with entire lot of them, it really doesn’t matter who you vote for, they take your money and most ensure jobs for mates, contracts for those in positions to aid and the electorate are really not bothered about…….it’s an antiquated and misused system now which could do with bringing into the 21st century.

Now the fog of brexit and the election have cleared from my eyes, sort of, you can really see the dreadful choice the public had. Johnson, Corbyn and an equally poor Swinson. What does amaze me is that people still can't see that Johnson is stark naked  and equally amazing is that there are still clinging onto Corbyn's sorry old corpse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

How so? 

Trump wanted protectionism for the US based on being a Global Power and MAGA. That the Chinese have a better foreign policy to countries that the US don't even know exists plus their massive manufacturing base, irked him.

Corbyn would want protectionism for worker's rights. There seems to be a rumour abroad that its all about money. the left are quite rightly more interested in conditions. That foreign workers were paid less on a building site is not a massive concern. The rate they worked for only serves to set a better rate for the rest. That they may be ignoring H&S on a site or factory was much more of a concern.

If you believe that foreign workers are responsible for setting wage rates you are not right. Thatcher established a policy of driving wages down and trying to deregulate. She got rid of the Unions thanks to the idiot Scargills's stupidity.

I was a printer and can tell you that the conditions people are working under in the industry are no better than when I finished in 1991.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Now the fog of brexit and the election have cleared from my eyes, sort of, you can really see the dreadful choice the public had. Johnson, Corbyn and an equally poor Swinson. What does amaze me is that people still can't see that Johnson is stark naked  and equally amazing is that there are still clinging onto Corbyn's sorry old corpse.

👍