A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

The RWNJs are trying to stop the attacks on Patel by furiously waving the race/sex card. People aren't attacking her because of these things. We're attacking her because she is a poisonous, nasty, racist individual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The RWNJs are trying to stop the attacks on Patel by furiously waving the race/sex card. People aren't attacking her because of these things. We're attacking her because she is a poisonous, nasty, racist individual.

Yep! She and her fellow Tories use that tactic constantly. Hence the recent defence of her disgraceful condemnation of the England team's actions as mere "gesture politics" always begins with a standard "Preeti has been a victim of racism herself in the past..." as if that logically entails that she can't possibly be giving support to racist abuse of footballers by her dismissal of their integrity. Similarly when she was found guilty of bullying the standard defence was that, "As an asian woman she has endured bullying and racism in the past...". Not only is this logically absurd, it is fundamentally dishonest.

18 hours ago, sonyc said:

Here is his speech! 🤣

He should have hired Tyrone Mings! He would have been able to get the message across so much more concisely 🙂

This article in full pulls very few punches. Last word was b0ll0x

‘Yeast. Magic sauce!’ went the PM as he lost a one-man game of Articulate

Zoe Williams

Boris Johnson’s ‘levelling up’ speech contained few policies and even fewer coherent sentences

01:46

Boris Johnson calls for UK to unite to boost ‘levelling up’ agenda – video

Thu 15 Jul 2021 17.03 BST

Some background to the prime minister’s speech on Thursday: it was billed as a “major” speech, an almighty drop from the powerhouse of his intellect. There were rumours that he’d been working on it all week. Later, there were counter-rumours that he was only saying that to get out of the foxhole in which he’d been hiding from the culture wars.

All of this, comically, left the workshy Johnson with a speech to give, though at least by the time he started there was nobody left who thought he’d been working on it all week. Silver linings, prime minister! Or at the Romans would say, silverus lineynus!

As he gave his lackadaisical account of the nation’s stark inequalities, his own boredom bounced off the lectern. It’s an outrage, he said, that someone in Glasgow or Blackpool had 10 years less on this planet than someone in Rutland. “I don’t know what they do in Rutland to live to these prodigious ages … Who knows?”

Advertisement
Well, loads of people know: Michael Marmot knows, so does Danny Dorling, so does everybody who has ever read a book or understood a graph. They live to prodigious ages by having relatively high incomes, secure housing, functioning public services, air quality, etc. Why on earth would a person attempt a speech on health inequality with absolutely no idea what is driving it? Here’s the thing: he made this big pantomime of ignorance because he was halfway to a joke in which Rutland sounds a bit like “rutting” and its people stay alive by having sex. I cannot prove this. Yet I know it.

Any excuse to get off the depressing territory of his own choosing: there are areas of the UK that are less productive than East Germany – “You remember East Germany, with their funny little cars and fake coffee?” He seemed astonished that Germany had succeeded in levelling up where the UK had not. Is it that amazing, though? They seem to have quite a coherent policy agenda, whereas we have a man who had some coffee once in 1990 that didn’t taste very nice, and cannot understand how a country got from there to liveable wages. They’re actually not that liveable, they’re just better than ours; but that’s another story.

The plan, though, ladies and gentlemen, that’s what you really want to hear: first, they’re going to fight crime, and have already driven more than 1,000 county lines drugs gangs out of business. It’s unclear how this policy creates opportunities, unless the plan is to retrain dealers in some other business.

The tone was set, one of complete randomness; they’re going to do this and that; build yay-many hospitals; “invest in all sorts of things”; deal with the NHS’s backlog of elective surgeries; and invest in schoolchildren to the tune of £3bn. What was missing, apart from the extra £12bn that the education recovery commissioner recommended, was a through-line. How did any of these announcements relate to levelling up? It was just a mash up of policies that have already been announced, plus £50m for football pitches. You know when you meet a kid, and you ask them what they want to be when they grow up, and they say “a footballer”, and then you fondly tousle their hair and tell them to stop being an idiot? That’s about where we are, except it’s the prime minister and he has already fondly tousled his own hair.

He crescendoed on the “yeast, the magic sauce, the ketchup of catch-up”, like a guy playing Articulate and just shouting words, while his teammates look on saying “what even is magic sauce?” Levelling up involves devolution. He plans to devolve power to counties, or shires, or whatever, but he doesn’t know what power, maybe just buses, and he doesn’t know what office any of this power will be devolved to; all he knows is that anyone can join in, unless they’re from the “loony left”.

“My offer to you: all of you who see a role for yourselves in local leadership, come to us with your vision.” That’s genuinely it. That’s what he means by a “skeleton of a plan”. That’s his magic sauce. That’s how he’s going to fix inequality so baked in that you can tell from a person’s wage packet whether or not they had free school meals as a child. Hear ye, levelling-up-mongers of the regions; go to him, and he will provide “support and strategic direction” for your plan, so long as it is visionary. And he calls the left loony. The man has a neck like a jockey’s ****.

Edited by sonyc

Meanwhile... you don't say?

So now we know that donors DID pay the Quids, what Pro Quo did Boris offer in return?

If we had a proper press in the UK, they would join together to hound this corrupt b*****d out of office within a week.

Corruption.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

And so will we have to wait a year for an admission there were financial shenanigans going on here too? 

Didi.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Sleaze ?

we have a new member

"A former Bullingdon Club member and university friend of Boris Johnson has been appointed to Whitehall’s independent sleaze watchdog"

"According to a 2008 report in the Daily Mail, Fergusson was one of six Bullingdon Club members who attended a fundraising event for Johnson’s London mayoral bid, held in Millbank Tower in Westminster."

I wonder what GBNews will make of that - though I am sure it will set off another bout of forelock tugging, and appreciative murmurings of 'master knows best' among it's cowed listeners.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/15/ex-bullingdon-club-member-appointed-to-whitehalls-sleaze-watchdog

Watch this and see if you can guess what "major threat" caused Preeti Patel to order this police action:

35 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Watch this and see if you can guess what "major threat" caused Preeti Patel to order this police action:

42 rozzers went through the door after in was forced open. So I guess a major threat to national security?

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Tone deaf news.

I and for those following our little group of Wembley attendees and their families ( and some friends ) are furious, one rule for them one for us, let me tell you some more.

1. For most it was near impossible to book a test until the day after they wanted one, Javid gets one straight away.

2. For most of the group it took 24 - 36 hours to get their results, somehow Javid seems to get his in about 3 hours.

3. Test Trace and Spread took 48 hours minimum to contact anyone, the vast majority of the group still have not even been contacted, I personally spent 3 days chasing them to get a reference number, they still have not contacted me 6 days later, yet Johnson and Sunak were contacted in the middle of the night, so they must have contacted Javid within a couple of hours.

4. When my wife asked about the pilot they were quite clear ‘ you have to be selected at random ‘. Did Johnson and Sunak win the lottery last night as well ?. They were both selected, now apparently there are certain sectors that go on the scheme, do they get an all paid day trip to Durham Castle as well.

Why should any of us isolate ?. I will not give any clues as to who but one of our group has now decided they will no longer isolate. Don’t care wether this was Starmer, Johnson, Sturgeon ( I accept different rules ) I am absoloutely f****** fuming. I always have the app on as I thought we all had the same rules, I have now switched it off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I now read that this was a pilot scheme already in place and industries like ‘ Downing Street ‘ were pre selected.

You lying f****** toads.

When asked last night if the PM and Sunak would have to isolate, they were quite clear ‘ we don’t know yet ‘ had the scheme applied to them surely they would have known about it and replied, it is highly unlikely the PM will have to isolate in the normal way as there is a pilot scheme in place to allow the PM to carry out his essential duties. Had they have known that I would maybe have accepted the situation a bit more, instead wether they did or didnt know they thought a lie was the best way forward. I wonder if the general Downing Street staff or people that just happened to be there and had contact with Javid are isolating ?

The day before ‘ Freedom Day ‘ the government have seen it as a wise thing to encourage people to not be responsible, and of course it will now be our fault.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I now read that this was a pilot scheme already in place and industries like ‘ Downing Street ‘ were pre selected.

You lying f****** toads.

When asked last night if the PM and Sunak would have to isolate, they were quite clear ‘ we don’t know yet ‘ had the scheme applied to them surely they would have known about it and replied, it is highly unlikely the PM will have to isolate in the normal way as there is a pilot scheme in place to allow the PM to carry out his essential duties. Had they have known that I would maybe have accepted the situation a bit more, instead wether they did or didnt know they thought a lie was the best way forward. I wonder if the general Downing Street staff or people that just happened to be there and had contact with Javid are isolating ?

The day before ‘ Freedom Day ‘ the government have seen it as a wise thing to encourage people to not be responsible, and of course it will now be our fault.

Same thoughts WBB.  One rule (actually no rules) for them and one for everybody else. It will all unravel. Were they contacted by T&T (mandatory isolation) or pinged (advisory). I suspect given the Javid positive its really the former.

I could of quite happily accepted that some select services are/were exempt from T&T if double jabbed under exceptional circumstances - but not 'after' the event. After all we all have our own priorities.

I now have zero respect for them. Zero leader ship. 

I do wonder how many ACEs the virus has up its sleeve. 

Edited by Yellow Fever

34 minutes ago, king canary said:

They've caved and now will isolate. Amazing they thought they could get away with it anyway.

Indeed, here is the story

Whats his name Janrick ? Was sent out this morning to defend it. Do they have no morals, did he really agree ? Are none of them prepared to not defend the indefensible ? 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57879730

Edited by Well b back

1 hour ago, Daz Sparks said:

42 rozzers went through the door after in was forced open. So I guess a major threat to national security?

Spot on Daz! It was to remove this art installation on the roof. God knows how London survived this major terrorist threat. Thanks to Preeti and those 42 brave police officers we can now all sleep at night.

Slide 3 of 3 - Carousel
  •  
  •  
  •  

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Spot on Daz! It was to remove this art installation on the roof. God knows how London survived this major terrorist threat. Thanks to Preeti and those 42 brave police officers we can now all sleep at night.

Slide 3 of 3 - Carousel
  •  
  •  
  •  

Thanks Horsefly, now I can sleep easy. 

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bloody hell. The quickest u-turn in the history of Johnson u-turns.

Pure government by opinion poll. Utterly shameless, unprincipled chaos.

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

Bloody hell. The quickest u-turn in the history of Johnson u-turns.

A perfect example of levelling up surely? Same rules for everyone 😉

It's the government that does things "for you" (we ought not forget).

Moral and political vacuum. It could even be hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Thanks Horsefly, now I can sleep easy. 

You're welcome mate! I myself have finally emerged from the nuclear shelter at the bottom of my garden; we're in safe hands now!

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Pure government by opinion poll. Utterly shameless, unprincipled chaos.

They have literally hundreds of advisers, paid very well by us, and not one of them thought any of their actions stank this morning. Absolutely pathetic governance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

You're welcome mate! I myself have finally emerged from the nuclear shelter at the bottom of my garden; we're in safe hands now!

Got me thinking though, maybe I ought to call in my neighbours wind chimes, they look a bit subversive..

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

They have literally hundreds of advisers, paid very well by us, and not one of them thought any of their actions stank this morning. Absolutely pathetic governance.

I don't believe they give flying f***. Only the ballot box will cure this lot, if indeed enough of the electorate care.

• Like 1

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

Got me thinking though, maybe I ought to call in my neighbours wind chimes, they look a bit subversive..

The hippy bastar*ds! The whole street could go up at any moment. It's your duty to let Preeti know of this outrage.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sonyc said:

A perfect example of levelling up surely? Same rules for everyone 😉

It's the government that does things "for you" (we ought not forget).

Moral and political vacuum. It could even be hilarious if it wasn't so embarrassing.

Indeed, I predict now they will say that track and trace offered them the scheme, they felt this did not fit in with what the rest of the country had to endure, so immediately on moral grounds turned it down. They wouldn’t dare, or would they ?

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Indeed, I predict now they will say that track and trace offered them the scheme, they felt this did not fit in with what the rest of the country had to endure, so immediately on moral grounds turned it down. They wouldn’t dare, or would they ?

And....."Freedom Day" tomorrow. Spare a thought for Boris, Rishi and Sajid. Locked in whilst the rest of us make hay😅 ...and in such lovely weather. 

Edit: "Freedom Day" and Johnson and Javid in isolation at the same time is a damning symbol of this lot isn't it.

Edited by sonyc

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

And....."Freedom Day" tomorrow. Spare a thought for Boris, Rishi and Sajid. Locked in whilst the rest of us make hay😅 ...and in such lovely weather. 

I’m locked in to lol together with 100’s of thousands of others. 
In a few weeks time I guess football will be disrupted with teams having players unavailable with COVID infections.