A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

5 hours ago, Herman said:

Decent governance can win in the end. There will come a stage when people say enough is enough, we want adults running the country. The tories will hang around for a while like a bad fart but I still have a bit of hope that people can see through their greed and incompetence and hope for a better future for their kids will win out.

Eight years of a black President whose legacy is Black Lives Matter and more division than the whole history of the US. 

Harris brings nothing to the table other than less visible signs of dementia. 

48 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Sonyc, it would be interesting to see Boris' approval ratings and those of his ministers.  I haven't looked so I dont know but my guess is that they are much lower than the party election polling. If so, this would suggest that people are by no means enamoured of Boris but feel that Labour is not for them.

Jools often gets the treatment he deserves in here but between his post and the one from ricardo (if you read it you'll already know which one, and that says a lot) I think you have all you need to know about what labour must do in the coming days

I saw that (and responded to it) and what can you say to someone who talks about their level of contempt deepening for people critical of this administration? I agreed too that there is a lack of real opposition (at the moment, though Starmer might break through eventually?). Why feel contempt for others when you have everything you want? It feels mean spirited on one level. I'm not surprised by his comments or hurt by them. But he needs to see a response to those kinds of words used.

And finally, why shouldn't Pinkun posters exercise their views on such public dishonesty. It's not just the 'left wing' press is it? This isn't all about Labour either. There are many independent minded folk who feel aggrieved. All I would like to see is a serious, fair-minded and honest form of government. 

As for Jools asking folk to tell him why he should vote anything other than Tory! I don't accept that as a real challenge that one can take seriously reading his posts for the last few years. He has a mindset set in stone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

All I would like to see is a serious, fair-minded and honest form of government. 

A triumph of hope over expectation, human nature being what it is.

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

I saw that (and responded to it) and what can you say to someone who talks about their level of contempt deepening for people critical of this administration? I agreed too that there is a lack of real opposition (at the moment, though Starmer might break through eventually?). Why feel contempt for others when you have everything you want? It feels mean spirited on one level. I'm not surprised by his comments or hurt by them. But he needs to see a response to those kinds of words used.

And finally, why shouldn't Pinkun posters exercise their views on such public dishonesty. It's not just the 'left wing' press is it? This isn't all about Labour either. There are many independent minded folk who feel aggrieved. All I would like to see is a serious, fair-minded and honest form of government. 

As for Jools asking folk to tell him why he should vote anything other than Tory! I don't accept that as a real challenge that one can take seriously reading his posts for the last few years. He has a mindset set in stone. 

I wasn't commenting on  pink un posts, what I was trying trying to say is that labour are really going hard on why we should not vote Conservative but saying virtually nothing about what they offer.  They are getting the 'push' bit done but the 'pull' is still absent. Insuwoct because labour still doesn't really know what it is, it lacks that corporate 'vision'.

This negative campaigning rarely works as well as it should and allows perceptions (right or wrong) of who and what labour represents creep int th vacuum. I am not sure Joe Average really believes that Labour represents them or has their hopes and aspirations at the top of the agenda. If you don't speak to people's emotions and to them you feel distant frankly you haven't got a hope.

Edited by Barbe bleu

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Well said Jools. It's not speculation from the lefties, more ejaculation. Led by that idiot Horseshyte. 

The usual remarkable intellectual analysis from the site's paedophile apologist.

15 hours ago, Jools said:

Amidst all your premature excitementation over an issue so very minor, you Lefties fail where you've always failed, and that is in your understanding of those who voted for Boris and the conservatives -- You don't understand why we did, and you still don't understand why we will again.

An issue so minor that the Electoral Commission believe there is already enough evidence to pursue an investigation into potential crimminal offences.

Perhaps  you can clear up one thing. In the past you told us you didn't vote for Boris as you didn't like him (wasn't hardline brexit enough for you), now you say you did vote for him. Which claim is the lie?

30 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

I wasn't commenting on  pink un posts, what I was trying trying to say is that labour are really going hard on why we should not vote Conservative but saying virtually nothing about what they offer.  They are getting the 'push' bit done but the 'pull' is still absent. Insuwoct because labour still doesn't really know what it is, it lacks that corporate 'vision'.

This negative campaigning rarely works as well as it should and allows perceptions (right or wrong) of who and what labour represents creep int th vacuum. I am not sure Joe Average really believes that Labour represents them or has their hopes and aspirations at the top of the agenda. If you don't speak to people's emotions and to them you feel distant frankly you haven't got a hope.

In fairness to KS the big issue of the day is Covid, our whole life has been immersed in it for longer than I care to remember, as things stand we are coming out of it well, what are Labour to do, harp on about the history of the pandemic and the poor management thereof, the number of deaths in the UK,  can’t see that having much traction now as it’s old news, they are in a really tough place where other policy issues atm are not big issues in the public perception. 
I think they are making a mistake by focussing on wallpaper when there are much bigger questions of probity to be asked, but that’s just an opinion.

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

An issue so minor that the Electoral Commission believe there is already enough evidence to pursue an investigation into potential crimminal offences.

Perhaps  you can clear up one thing. In the past you told us you didn't vote for Boris as you didn't like him (wasn't hardline brexit enough for you), now you say you did vote for him. Which claim is the lie?

In the past you have claimed not to be Billy, I would leave the accusations of lying there if I was you.

We can but hope that he paid for the carpets and lights himself else the outpouring of anger on here would be to much to bear.

I'd love to know what some of you expect to get from supporting this man still? 

10 minutes ago, Van wink said:

In the past you have claimed not to be Billy, I would leave the accusations of lying there if I was you.

It's very sad that you continue this utter nonsense. Perhaps you had best go elsewhere if you have nothing to contribute.

16 hours ago, Jools said:

Amidst all your premature excitementation over an issue so very minor, you Lefties fail where you've always failed, and that is in your understanding of those who voted for Boris and the conservatives -- You don't understand why we did, and you still don't understand why we will again.

You continue to fight the same losing battle, congratulating yourselves on moral victories which resonate only in the echoing public convenience which is Lefty Twitter, whilst seemingly not realising that it is our minds you need to change, not our contempt you need to deepen - and as long as no one offers a palatable alternative the Conservative Party will rule in comfort and unfortunately without accountability.

I have no doubt you have much experience of being premature. I also suspect that you struggle to remember back to 1997 when a sitting government mired in years of sleaze were beaten by a Labour Party who gained a 179 seat majority. No sane person would attempt to change the mind of a RWNJ like you; you're boiled gammon to the core and unsalvageable. We'll happily let you stew in your own bile. But sadly where you RWNJs fail, where you've always failed, is getting so complacent that you think everyone who voted Tory is a RWNJ, and will simply tolerate sleaze and pi*ss-poor economic performance. When the distraction of Covid disappears, when the reports of the multiple sleaze inquiries come in, when the economic reality of a disastrous brexit deal takes centre stage, then I suspect you will find that your "premature excitementation" over another Boris victory will look somewhat limp and floppy.

51 minutes ago, Herman said:

They are too invested in the sleazy, lieing fraud to let go now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I think it's a perfect example of the moral of The Emperor's New Clothes. They have to keep looking stupid and claiming he's a great guy despite knowing all along that he has always been a sleazy naked liar.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Don't make me picture him naked.🤢😲

Haha! Now I'm doing it. My God I apologise profusely. That's something no one should endure.

This'll take your mind off. Knowing how much some of our right wing friends like him, here is some more Jolyon Maugham. (But,but, he killed a fox.)

Nice and sleazy does it, that's Blukip.🎶

Edited by Herman

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

In fairness to KS the big issue of the day is Covid, our whole life has been immersed in it for longer than I care to remember, as things stand we are coming out of it well, what are Labour to do, harp on about the history of the pandemic and the poor management thereof, the number of deaths in the UK,  can’t see that having much traction now as it’s old news, they are in a really tough place where other policy issues atm are not big issues in the public perception. 
I think they are making a mistake by focussing on wallpaper when there are much bigger questions of probity to be asked, but that’s just an opinion.

SKS needs as somebody said the "opportunity" to present itself to oppose and hold Johnson and what passes these days as the Tories to account.

For all the obvious reasons Covid and to a large extent Brexit (so far) was not it. These cards can left to play another day nearer the election when the various reports and consequences are obvious to all (i.e. NI and Scottish independence before we even get onto the other economic issues).

Johnson however has now given SKS exactly the opening he needed - on many sleazy fronts - which he looks sure to exploit to the full. The wallpaper is just a proxy for Johnson and Symonds lack of any integrity and worse  - and more easily relates to the public than many of the more complicated and arcane (yet mores serious) infractions.

SKS will paint Johnson and the Tories as simply in it for themselves without a care for anybody else (the little people) or the consequences (pile the bodies high, NI, fishermen, famers and so on) - and in fact he lies and misleads everybody including his own party. Deeply untrustworthy (ask Arlene).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

This'll take your mind off. Knowing how much some of our right wing friends like him, here is some more Jolyon Maugham. (But,but, he killed a fox.)

Shocking

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

Wow! The Mafia could learn a thing or two from this sleaze bag government.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

SKS needs as somebody said the "opportunity" to present itself to oppose and hold Johnson and what passes these days as the Tories to account.

For all the obvious reasons Covid and to a large extent Brexit (so far) was not it. These cards can left to play another day nearer the election when the various reports and consequences are obvious to all (i.e. NI and Scottish independence before we even get onto the other economic issues).

Johnson however has now given SKS exactly the opening he needed - on many sleazy fronts - which he looks sure to exploit to the full. The wallpaper is just a proxy for Johnson and Symonds lack of any integrity and worse  - and more easily relates to the public than many of the more complicated and arcane (yet mores serious) infractions.

SKS will paint Johnson and the Tories as simply in it for themselves without a care for anybody else (the little people) or the consequences (pile the bodies high, NI, fishermen, famers and so on) - and in fact he lies and misleads everybody including his own party. Deeply untrustworthy (ask Arlene).

Yes indeed, but the risk is that the public see the whole wallpaper issue as frivolous and the sting is pulled from the potential attack on more serious issues. I fully understand why SKS is cashing in on what is essentially the easy gift, but I’m still not sure the strategy is right, we will see.

25 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes indeed, but the risk is that the public see the whole wallpaper issue as frivolous and the sting is pulled from the potential attack on more serious issues. I fully understand why SKS is cashing in on what is essentially the easy gift, but I’m still not sure the strategy is right, we will see.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Milk it.😀

Oh dear, Herminge, you obviously don't realise the majority of people see this as Sir Kneel-alot making a complete **** of himself...

His message seems to be hitting hard with the voters:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-c15aaa59-251c-45ea-8a77-359396daf9ce

🤣

• Like 1

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-054f3c31-ffb7-4395-bbeb-ba57270d4a17

"Have you anything a tad more grey to better match my personality?"

🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jools said:

21414c90-8f1a-445b-989f-74a955755b28-054f3c31-ffb7-4395-bbeb-ba57270d4a17

"Have you anything a tad more grey to better match my personality?"

🤣

Keep it up! I remember all your "Sleepy Joe" jibes, and your claims that Biden didn't stand a chance against the "charismatic" Trump. That went well didn't it??? 

Jools, don't cry mate. The vaccine bounce will see you through next week. Depending on who you are cheering for this week.

• Confused 1

Wallpapergate not cutting it.

image.png.e107d72e043f17eb223a7856a2d3c225.png

Perhaps Carpetgate or Lighting gate might do the trick.

Surely the Iranians must have sent him a rug or two.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Or is it that the Tory spin machine is telling us that the public see it as frivolous?

I have pilloried SKS but this has to be the time, when the gifts keep on coming with more when Cummings goes before the Select Committee, that Labour hammers them.

Johnson lost his rag at PMQs and showed how vulnerable he is when under pressure.

• Like 1