A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

9 minutes ago, horsefly said:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/jacob-rees-mogg-under-fire-for-crossing-tiers-to-attend-latin-mass-in-glastonbury/ar-BB1cuIn6?ocid=msedgntp

"Jacob Rees-Mogg under fire for ‘crossing tiers to attend Latin mass in Glastonbury"

Time to show some leadership Boris and sack him. 

Idiot probably thinks his God is protecting him.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Idiot probably thinks his God is protecting him.

He is, but Boris will be gone soon we hope!

9 hours ago, Herman said:

He ain't no Christian, bruv.

Strictly Old Testament, none of that hippy Jesus love nonsense. It's why Rees-Bogg has to travel so far to find the only church with a fresco depicting a camel managing to pass through the eye of a needle.

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Could do with someone who may use the word Trump when talking about disgraceful scenes. At least Patel said the correct thing.

She's on her own. Is there a small chance she didn't read her brief? Wouldn't be the first time 😂

I have money on Jeremy Hunt to be the next Tory leader. He is untainted by the current shambles and I got 25/1. 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

She's on her own. Is there a small chance she didn't read her brief? Wouldn't be the first time 😂

I have money on Jeremy Hunt to be the next Tory leader. He is untainted by the current shambles and I got 25/1. 

We already have a Berkley Hunt as PM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kwasi Karteng or Mr Amber Rudd, the new Business Secretsry, replacing Sharma who is heading Climate.

Karteng, author of the "Once they enter the workplace, the British are amongst the worst idlers in the world" (co author with Raab, Truss and Patel) and a supporter of shrinking the welfare state.

52 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Kwasi Karteng or Mr Amber Rudd, the new Business Secretsry, replacing Sharma who is heading Climate.

Karteng, author of the "Once they enter the workplace, the British are amongst the worst idlers in the world" (co author with Raab, Truss and Patel) and a supporter of shrinking the welfare state.

....and also a politician (like many in the Cabinet) who has never knowingly given a straight answer to a straight question.

I would say that Johnson is really scraping the barrel here but that assumes he has a barrel of talent to scrape, so I guess it would be more appropiate to say he is scraping the shot glass 😧

Who would have thunk it?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/gavin-williamson-accused-of-chumocracy-over-laptop-deal-for-tory-donor/ar-BB1cC3ja?ocid=msedgdhp

"Embattled Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has been accused of running a “chumocracy” after laptop contracts went to a Tory donor’s firm.

The job of supplying home-learning pupils has fallen to Computacenter.

The Hertfordshire-based firm was founded by Sir Philip Hulme, who gave £100,000 to the Tories.

It follows a £96million deal the firm got last year without competitive tender."

14 hours ago, horsefly said:

Who would have thunk it?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/gavin-williamson-accused-of-chumocracy-over-laptop-deal-for-tory-donor/ar-BB1cC3ja?ocid=msedgdhp

"Embattled Education Secretary Gavin Williamson has been accused of running a “chumocracy” after laptop contracts went to a Tory donor’s firm.

The job of supplying home-learning pupils has fallen to Computacenter.

The Hertfordshire-based firm was founded by Sir Philip Hulme, who gave £100,000 to the Tories.

It follows a £96million deal the firm got last year without competitive tender."

TB entirely F, which I do try, Computacenter must be one of the 3 biggest business laptop suppliers in the UK. It obviously should have been a competitive tender, but it’s not on the scale of giving a ferry contract to a firm with no ferries, or some of the PPE suppliers outrages.

I don’t know how many British business do donate to the Tory party, I suspect it will be quite a few but that’s a guess, if that is the case however there isn’t much surprise that contracts are awarded British companies who have made donations.

The big issue is the lack of any form of tender process, I get that some of these things have to be done at speed, but not always and there are truncated tender processes that could be used. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

TB entirely F, which I do try, Computacenter must be one of the 3 biggest business laptop suppliers in the UK. It obviously should have been a competitive tender, but it’s not on the scale of giving a ferry contract to a firm with no ferries, or some of the PPE suppliers outrages.

TBF Computacenter are one of the biggest laptop suppliers in the country now but then some may believe that is partly because they have been 'well-connected' shall we say to the Tory government for many years - but have to agree that the contract for non-existent ferries lifted the stupidity bar quite a few notches 😂

Mind you, TBF to Failing Grayling although he set a new record for stupidty which even Johnson's current muppets are struggling to match, in terms of hard cash that particular scr*w up only cost the taxpayer loose change compared to the handouts the current lot are giving to their mates!

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

Daily Star 12 January

He was testing his eyesight, obviously!

Edited by horsefly
  • Haha 1

So the trial and sentencing of Khairi Saadallah has come to an end. With so much else going on it's easy to forget such news items as the terrorist who hacked to death three members of the LGBT community in a Reading Park last summer.

Saadallah had received military training in Libya, including hand-to-hand combat, before coming to the UK as an asylum seeker. Here he committed a number of offences, came under scrutiny of the security services and spent time in jail where he served time alongside notorious terrorist Abu Izadeen. Saadallah failed in his asylum claim and should have left the country before he committed those three murders but for the interference of lawyers putting up legal barriers to his removal.

And so he was allowed out in the public where he was able to slice through the necks of three gay men.

What we should be asking is why the Prime Minister allowed this person out on the streets, a known terrorist threat, a failed asylum case, a person who showed no remorse after he was arrested. Our LGBT community deserves better than this.

Despite last week condemning the "disgraceful scenes" at the US Capitol incited by Donald Trump, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is standing by his claim that the outgoing US president deserves the win a Nobel Peace Prize.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Despite last week condemning the "disgraceful scenes" at the US Capitol incited by Donald Trump, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is standing by his claim that the outgoing US president deserves the win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Yes it was rather obvious that he didn't link the "disgraceful scenes" to their instigator.  I shudder to think what would have happened to the UK with Johnson in charge if Trump had been re-elected.  But he wasn't.  I doubt if a UK-US trade deal will be anywhere near the top of Biden's agenda. He has rather more pressing issues to deal with.

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Yes it was rather obvious that he didn't link the "disgraceful scenes" to their instigator.  I shudder to think what would have happened to the UK with Johnson in charge if Trump had been re-elected.  But he wasn't.  I doubt if a UK-US trade deal will be anywhere near the top of Biden's agenda. He has rather more pressing issues to deal with.

Which country do you think Biden will bomb first? I'm going for Syria, they've still got the maps.

13 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Which country do you think Biden will bomb first? I'm going for Syria, they've still got the maps.

The maps of Iran are still on Trumps desk. The country he thought should be bombed because they were enriching more uranium. But of course they were doing that because the US pulled out of the agreement and imposed sanctions.

Of course Trump supporters have pipe bombs they can offer.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2021/1/13/israel-raids-on-syria-followed-us-intel-pompeo-mossad-meeting

Israeli airstrikes on arms depots and military positions in eastern Syria which killed dozens of pro-Syrian regime fighters were carried out using intelligence provided by Washington, a senior US intelligence official with knowledge of the attack told AP.

The attack was also discussed by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Israel spy chief Yossi Cohen during a meeting in Washington DC, the official claimed.

15 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

There doesn't appear to be any other trade deals in the horizon. Certainly not the forty we were told would be ready to go on the first day.

Perhaps they are ready - but have just been delayed at the ports

6 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

The maps of Iran are still on Trumps desk. The country he thought should be bombed because they were enriching more uranium. But of course they were doing that because the US pulled out of the agreement and imposed sanctions.

Of course Trump supporters have pipe bombs they can offer.

He didn't bomb Iran. Though he did a rather spectacular take out of Iran's chief terrorist. Solameini, I think his name was. And after that Iran stopped their nuclear program. Trump also stopped sending suitcases of money to the immans of Iran. Good move, good diplomacy, but I expect it will all start up again after January 20th when the 78 year-old gets woken up.

21 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

He didn't bomb Iran. Though he did a rather spectacular take out of Iran's chief terrorist. Solameini, I think his name was. And after that Iran stopped their nuclear program. Trump also stopped sending suitcases of money to the immans of Iran. Good move, good diplomacy, but I expect it will all start up again after January 20th when the 78 year-old gets woken up.

Not correct. Fake News.

Iran have increased their enrichment program and have told the World about it.

Terrorists don't need to make full frontal attacks  - they just need to let righties run things for a bit

"The government has insisted that despite losing access to a key European database after Brexit, Britain has adequate criminal information. About 40,000 alerts relating to European criminals were deleted from the PNC after Britain’s deal with the EU."

So any EU citizen can still enter the UK. stay for 6 months, and the UK will not have any info on whether they have a criminal record elsewhere

What next, stop sharing details of car ownership so the UK police can know who is driving an EU registered car in the UK......surely the righties wouldn't be so stupid as to do that would they ?

yep, done already