A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

I get the feeling that the most meaningful relationship in your life involved your right hand.

My right hand would definitely rock your boat.

Get what I did there?

• Haha 1

It looks like the people that helped us through this disaster are going to be financially punished. The already poor are going to get hit even more and the impending disaster of Brexit barely gets a mention. Just a reminder that Sunak is still a tory. 

Covid UK news: Over 50 Tory MPs rebel as Commons approves tougher tier restrictions for England (msn.com)

Johnson removed the whip from Tory MPs who voted against his Brexit bill, but will not remove it from the 55 who voted against his  new Covid measures. So he proves yet again that he is a hypocrite and wimp when it comes to the rabid right of his party of chancers.

Tory whip removed: The 21 Conservative MPs who voted against Boris Johnson's government | London Evening Standard | Evening Standard

Tory Covid tier rebels ‘will not have whip removed’ as Boris Johnson considers more help for pubs and bars | Evening Standard

• Like 1

A scathing attack on Johnson's catastrophic period as PM from former Tory minister Chris Patten:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-i-fear-for-my-country-says-tory-grandee-as-he-brands-boris-johnson-an-english-nationalist/ar-BB1bRVDA?ocid=msedgntp

Tory grandee Chris Patten says he “fears” for Britain’s future as it teeters on the brink of a no-deal Brexit, blaming Boris Johnson for the crisis. The prime minister is “an English nationalist” – not a Conservative – who has turned his back on traditions of standing up for the Union and international co-operation, the former Tory party chairman said. “What we're seeing is Boris Johnson on this runaway train of English exceptionalism and heaven knows where it is going to take us in the end,” Lord Patten said.

“I want the best for my country, I fear for what's happening at the moment and I fear for our reputation around the world, I fear for what will happen economically. “I hope that I'm wrong to feel so depressed about the outlook but I don't think that Mr Johnson is a Conservative, I think he is an English nationalist. “And all the things that Conservatives used to believe in – like standing up for the Union, like not attacking our institutions, like the judges, like believing in international co-operation – seem to have gone out of the window.”

• Like 2

So Boris showed egregious lack of judgement in not sacking the awful Priti Patel after she was found guilty of bullying, and thereby in breach of the ministerial code. Will he now sack her for her appalling judgement in visiting a Bahrain prison infamous for torturing human rights activists? It's just about justifiable to visit a country with a very poor record on human rights if one then raises that record in diplomatic conversations. But to actually visit one of the prisons where political prisoners are tortured is beyond belief. As one victim put it:

"How can the Home Office accept that I was tortured at this site, then send the home secretary there for a photo opportunity?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-bahrain-police-station-torture-activists-b1768747.html

52 minutes ago, horsefly said:

So Boris showed egregious lack of judgement in not sacking the awful Priti Patel after she was found guilty of bullying, and thereby in breach of the ministerial code. Will he now sack her for her appalling judgement in visiting a Bahrain prison infamous for torturing human rights activists? It's just about justifiable to visit a country with a very poor record on human rights if one then raises that record in diplomatic conversations. But to actually visit one of the prisons where political prisoners are tortured is beyond belief. As one victim put it:

"How can the Home Office accept that I was tortured at this site, then send the home secretary there for a photo opportunity?"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-bahrain-police-station-torture-activists-b1768747.html

Sadly I think we already know the answer to that - we are currently saddled with the worst cabinet this country has ever seen, they range from the talentless to the utterly incompetent and as humun beings they range from being pretty unpleasant to totally obnoxioua (Priti Patel scores top marks as being a totally obnoxious incompetent!).

But they are not there by accident, there are because they have been chosen specifically by Johnson (also a high scoring obnoxious incompetent) for their absolute loyalty to him and no matter how poorly they behave, how corrupt they are or stupid they are they will stay in place whilst they toe the Johnson party line.

As per the title of this thread, its hard to see anything at all changing for the better until Johnson is gone but we've seen enough already to know that this isn't going to come about with any help from the inside the Cabinet, it will only happen when the Tory back benchers decide that they've had enough - IMO it has always been the case and still is that this will be sometime in 2021.

Even when Johnson does go there are no, and I mean zero, conservative MPs with credibility or talent left in the party. They have all been cleared out.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Even when Johnson does go there are no, and I mean zero, conservative MPs with credibility or talent left in the party. They have all been cleared out.

Indeed! It is virtually the parallel of the US Republican Party. It's embarrassing to watch the GOP support Trump's seditious lawsuits simply because they have no-one capable of replacing him as leader and uniting the party. They have lost the major figures capable of articulating a broad vision to unite the whole country. Instead it is infested with a miscellany of chancers who have exploited single-issue causes (including pro-life, christian evangelism, QAnon conspiracy theory etc, etc).

The same thing has happened with the Tories. The traditional one-nation types were purged by Johnson by withdrawing the whip then deselected by constituency parties that had become infested with far-right Ukippers. Now they are left with a bunch of brain-dead right-wingers who spend their time apologising for their extremist gaffes on twitter.

I think that when Johnson does go it will mean a removal of the nutters and incompetents, as his time as PM has been one long co ck up and an embarrassing series of u-turns.

Having carried out a purge of the reasonable and sensible Tory MP's there will be a yawning gap in finding experienced MPs to appoint to the cabinet.....who will have their work cut out clearing up the mess left by Williamson, Patel and Truss...etc

It will need someone like Jeremy Hunt to take over as damage limitation for the next few years

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

You will need to get him out of the ditch first 😏

Well if he's already in a ditch I could just fill it in with some hardcore and soil.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Well if he's already in a ditch I could just fill it in with some hardcore and soil.

I suspect you've got quite a collection of hardcore. 

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

I suspect you've got quite a collection of hardcore. 

I bow to your superior knowledge on hardcore. The only thing you could comment about with any kind of authority.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

He'll be back as Barbe Bleu soon, pretending to not know what has been happening and what it is all about

all very sad

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

He'll be back as Barbe Bleu soon, pretending to not know what has been happening and what it is all about

all really sad

Cmon Bill. You told us you're the standup comic in the house. We're all waiting. 

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

Yeah, I heard you do a lot of bending over. 

You must stop reading all that Oscar Wilde, how can we cope with such razor sharp wit? 

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Cmon Bill. You told us you're the standup comic in the house. We're all waiting. 

I am involved in comedy in a number of roles I will grant you that

but not as in the Fast Show, where I play a number of 'characters'

I leave that to you on here

ps any chance an old favourite Bagster will make a comeback, or even Nightfly ?

Johnson tells Parliament that the 4 nations are united about Christmas easing of restrictions. At roughly the same time Drakeford announces toughening of restrictions in Wales. 

The man's a clown. 

Just now, Bill said:

you sure that's not Cummings on his way up to Durham ?

Not sure, my eyesight isn't great

Christ, does it get any more shameful than this ?

"Unicef has launched a domestic emergency response in the UK for the first time in its more than 70-year history to help feed children hit by the Covid-19 crisis."

How long before the Tories try to re-open workhouses 😟

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bill said:

Christ, does it get any more shameful than this ?

"Unicef has launched a domestic emergency response in the UK for the first time in its more than 70-year history to help feed children hit by the Covid-19 crisis."

How long before the Tories try to re-open workhouses 😟

I wouldn't put it past them to try although I can see Johnson having trouble getting that one past Marcus Rashford.............. hopefully the lad will issue a New Year's message outlining what the Government's policy on child poverty should because let's face it, he's got more brains and humanity than the entire cabinet put together.

And despite the bleats from Tories elsewhere I don't see UNICEF having to feed other children in the EU

For those a bit younger who have been fooled by the Tories use of a slapstick clown as their face, others are well aware that the true face and actions are those of Pritti Patel

Much as with privatisation the pandemic has been a chance for the few to fill their boots at the expense of the majority. If the Tories had maintained the level of PPE, and acted on the Cygnus recommendations there would have been adequate stock and no need for the reckless purchase of PPE that was found not fit for purpose.

The hundreds of millions wasted could have been used to ensure all children are properly fed. Instead we have tens of thousands of volunteers pulling together to fill in the huge gaps left by an uncaring and incompetent government

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Boris the Beadle

appropriately Dickens beadle was called Mr Bumble

I wonder if he died his hair blonde as well ?