A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

The writings on the wall for Boris.

Now that the right wing press are lining up to have a go at Johnson and he also says he can't get by on his miserly £150k salary, who will be next?

Rishi is the favourite but experience says that being favourite is a bad place to be in Tory in-fighting.

Why doesn't Boris write a weekly column for the Telegraph - £5,000 per edition perhaps?  

I'm sure that would fix his cash flow woes, even with UK taxation.

Of course that would be immoral, perhaps illegal, but who cares?

Found lacking would be too kind a term to use. 

Boris reminds me of George Bush jr. He became president because his dad did, it was thing that was expected of him. A great way to travel the world and get on that international speaking thing with the banks and sell a few books. Lovely.

Then something serious happens. Oh no. What now.

He isn’t set up as a person to deal with all this. Sunak will probably get in there before the next election but then again they are all crooks. I reckon he’d beat Kier and his lot though for what it’s worth.

"Give him enough rope and he'll hang himself" just about sums it up.  Boris thought he could get anything through the HofC with an 80+ majority, even lawbreaking.  How stupid can you get to stir up things in Ireland with a US presidential election coming up where the Irish-American vote is key, and good relations with the US crucial to the UK post-Brexit?  Basic schoolboy error.  He's under massive pressure to back down.

Successor?  At the time of writing Sajid Javid looks like the best candidate.  He had the makings of a good Chancellor before he resigned in January after Cummings ordered him to sack his staff, and he isn't tainted with this government's subsequent failings.  But can you imagine the same people who chose Boris to "get Brexit done" electing a Muslim leader?  

Edited by benchwarmer

That is the reputation for basic decency the Conservative party has held for decades that this lot of crooks are banking on people remembering. 

8 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

and he also says he can't get by on his miserly £150k salary

It's all those child maintenance payments I expect.  

• Haha 2

On 20/09/2020 at 18:30, A Load of Squit said:

Harriet Harman has been leader of the Labour Party and leader of HM Opposition.

Edited by The Real Buh

lt appears Boris is now at Stage 5 of his masterplan, from the Daily Mash. 🤣

Boris Johnson's guide to coping when your dream job goes to sh*t

HAS the dream job you spent your whole pathetic life angling for turned to sh*t? Here, speaking from experience, the prime minister tells you how to cope.

Avoid it

Once you get down to it, even a dream job is just a bunch of boring meetings. Yawn. Spice things up a bit by dodging them and watching disasters escalate whilst you relax at your country residence. This is especially entertaining if the meetings are COBRA ones.

Pull a sickie

This always looks shady, so try to come down with something contagious and incurable so nobody asks any questions. Not only will you get time off but everyone will be super-nice to you when you return. Well, for a couple of weeks at least, until you f**k things up again.

Go on lots of holidays

If you haven’t signed an employment contract you can really rinse this one for all it’s worth. And if you’re clever you can schedule it for when all the really difficult work’s due. Put your ‘out of office’ on, trek to a remote Scottish cliffside, and don’t answer your phone.

Get someone else to do the hard bits

When people start realising you’re doing a terrible job, bamboozle them by making stuff up and giving it a cool name, like ‘Moonshot’. Then force an underling to sort out the impossible details of your insane idea, like I have with Matt Hancock.

Try to get fired

Can’t quit? Don’t worry, just do your job so badly that you’re forced out of it. You might have to go to desperate lengths like breaking the law or something, but it’ll be worth it in the long run when you’re writing your memoirs on Mustique and all this hard work **** is just a distant dream.

Apples

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/09/2020 at 10:18, A Load of Squit said:

The writings on the wall for Boris.

Now that the right wing press are lining up to have a go at Johnson and he also says he can't get by on his miserly £150k salary, who will be next?

Rishi is the favourite but experience says that being favourite is a bad place to be in Tory in-fighting.

The writing is definitely on the wall for him but I can't imagine, even amongst the exceptional dimwits currently masquerading as Tory MPs, that anyone is going to challenge him this year.

Surely any serious contender would only need a couple of functioning brain cells to realise that they would be better served by letting Boris take the fall for the upcoming Brexit car crash on top of the virus shambles, and take over next Spring?

Sunak seems the obvious candidate but simply being a senior member of this totally inept cabinet could fatallydamage him, I wouldn't rule out Jeremy Hunt.

11 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The writing is definitely on the wall for him but I can't imagine, even amongst the exceptional dimwits currently masquerading as Tory MPs, that anyone is going to challenge him this year.

Surely any serious contender would only need a couple of functioning brain cells to realise that they would be better served by letting Boris take the fall for the upcoming Brexit car crash on top of the virus shambles, and take over next Spring?

Sunak seems the obvious candidate but simply being a senior member of this totally inept cabinet could fatallydamage him, I wouldn't rule out Jeremy Hunt.

When I placed my bet on Jeremy Hunt a week ago the odds were 25/1. The Conservative Party members are highly unlikely to vote for Sunak. The Tories won't risk going into an election against Starmer with Johnson in charge. 

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

When I placed my bet on Jeremy Hunt a week ago the odds were 25/1. The Conservative Party members are highly unlikely to vote for Sunak. The Tories won't risk going into an election against Starmer with Johnson in charge. 

Those sound like very good odds now

17 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Of course Ricardo is the expert here but I'd say you were definitely right to take a punt at those odds - is that to be next Tory leader whenever the change occurs?

The party won't allow a non-Brexiteer type for a while which limits the numbers of sensible MP's.

Maybe Gove will finally get his turn?

'The party won't allow'? It is us who should not allow these bounders get another one over on us. Who wants another leader from the Tory's at all? after all this incompetence, and lets face it the whole cabinet is behind this crippling mess, does not contain what everyone understands as a leader.

They have boxed themselves into a corner and all they have got left is to subvert the cause of justice in this country to keep their sorry a...s in power. And they are doing that every day of the week, by decree, without scrutiny or anyone able to question them, not even the MSM is concerned, they run with these lags.

On 23/09/2020 at 09:19, Creative Midfielder said:

Of course Ricardo is the expert here but I'd say you were definitely right to take a punt at those odds - is that to be next Tory leader whenever the change occurs?

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader

Now down to 16/1. Those are the odds regardless of when the change takes place. I only had a £2 bet. 

The majority of the others are tainted in one way or another by Covid. Sunak has probably come out of that well but I just don't see the Conservative Party appointing an Indian. Sorry if that offends some of their voters who don't see the world like that but I think the members of the party probably do.

I'm still baffled that Sunak and his predecessor had their noses in the trough during the 2008 banking disaster yet are considered to be suitable to run the country's finances. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

The party won't allow a non-Brexiteer type for a while which limits the numbers of sensible MP's.

Maybe Gove will finally get his turn?

You make it sound like a childs party...................................actually you may have something. 😀

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

You make it sound like a childs party...................................actually you may have something. 😀

Aye, I think that's how some of them view it in the Tory party- all a game and now its my turn to be PM!

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Is she any good at writing bs on a bus? 

She's had years of experience judging from her Mail column. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 1