grababackpackcanary

Team for Bournemouth

1 hour ago, grababackpackcanary said:

out of interest why would you not bring tettey in?

No particular reason, continuity mostly; Tbh I’d like to see Sorensen.

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What we thinking lads? 🤔

11.png

Yeah looks good but everyone seems to be putting Gibson at RCB which as a left footer is unlikely to be the case. 

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What we thinking lads? 🤔

11.png

Yeah I would be happy for that, bite in the middle that also covers the advances of our full backs.

It also means we get easy balls from those midfield 2 to the creative three ahead to supply pukki.

But I can see Zimmerman and McLean in the line up. No problem there, as I know we then have good players on the bench but it will be good to get our best 11 out soon and allowing them to play for the majority of the 90 minutes

On 23/09/2020 at 14:31, Tracey Rix said:

Drop cantwell 

Are you a Villa supporter ?

The papers up here are suggesting Villa are desperate to sign ‘ one of the best young players in England ‘ for ridiculous money. They also sound well interested in Bundeia.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What we thinking lads? 🤔

11.png

Well I think you should put the left footed centre back on the left side, and the right footed centre back on the right side, other than that I quite like it. 

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well I think you should put the left footed centre back on the left side, and the right footed centre back on the right side, other than that I quite like it. 

Admittedly I got mixed up with the sides

I must be the only one who thinks Tettey AND Skipp in central midfield is a terrible idea. Yes, we might be able to defend a bit better, but they definitely won't be any use going forward.

• Like 1

It will not be happening but this what I would like to try at least with those available

Krul

Aarons Zimmermann Gibson Quintilla

Godfrey

Cantwell Buendia Placheta

Pukki Idah

If it doesn't work Godfrey drop into a back three.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I must be the only one who thinks Tettey AND Skipp in central midfield is a terrible idea. Yes, we might be able to defend a bit better, but they definitely won't be any use going forward.

No, you're not the only one.

I've always argued that you need 1 defensive player and 1 creative/attacking player, as 2 defensive limits attacking play far too much, and 2 creative doesn't give the defensive bite and stability in the centre.

Probably why I've been pushing for Vrancic so much lately, as he's the ideal counter-balance to a Skipp or Tettey style player.

Krul 

Aarons   Godfrey  Gibson   Quintilla 

Skipp Vrancic 

Buendia   Steipermann Hernandez 

Pukki 

13 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

It will not be happening but this what I would like to try at least with those available

Krul

Godfrey

Pukki Idah

Why not just have that line up, but with Godfrey in the back three at the start, with licence to move forwards?  I like that line up if you do that. Starting Godfrey as a DM is never going to happen. 

Krul

Zimmermann Godfrey Gibson

Aarons Cantwell Buendia Placheta Quintilla

Pukki  Idah

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Why not just have that line up, but with Godfrey in the back three at the start, with licence to move forwards?  I like that line up if you do that. Starting Godfrey as a DM is never going to happen. 

Krul

Pukki  Idah

On paper, a good looking side. However, in reality, the second that midfield faces adversity under pressure, it'll fold. No discipline or experience in there. 

I like the idea of a 3-5-2, and would like to see it tried. I'd pick Hugill over Idah, though. I just think Hugill gives you more work rate and executes the press better. He may not score as many as Idah, but I think the team benefits more. 

20 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:
30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Pukki  Idah         

On paper, a good looking side. However, in reality, the second that midfield faces adversity under pressure, it'll fold. No discipline or experience in there. 

I like the idea of a 3-5-2, and would like to see it tried. I'd pick Hugill over Idah, though. I just think Hugill gives you more work rate and executes the press better. He may not score as many as Idah, but I think the team benefits more. 

I tend to agree with you on the inexperience point. Your idea of Stiepermann in the middle with Buendia on the right appeals, so maybe this might be stronger? 

Krul

Aarons Buendia Stiepermann Placheta Quintilla

Pukki  Idah         

Edited by lake district canary

14 hours ago, All the Germans said:

14 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Krul

Godfrey

Pukki Idah

57 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I tend to agree with you on the inexperience point. Your idea of Stiepermann in the middle with Buendia on the right appeals, so maybe this might be stronger? 

Krul

Pukki  Idah         

I stand corrected. Playing with no actual central midfielders is the madness at play here.

• Like 2

Just now, All the Germans said:

I stand corrected. Playing with no actual central midfielders is the madness at play here.

Godfrey is the lynchpin here able to step forwards when needed and the wing backs revert to a back four.  Its a flexible system and is something Farke has been known to be in favour of trying.

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Godfrey is the lynchpin here able to step forwards when needed and the wing backs revert to a back four.  Its a flexible system and is something Farke has been known to be in favour of trying.

There's still no central midfielders. Whilst I am not entirely certain, I am pretty confident that it is true that Farke has been in favour of a back three, however - and this is the critical part - I do not believe he would be in favour of doing it with a no 10 and 2 wingers playing centrally and no central midfielders present.

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:
17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

There's still no central midfielders. Whilst I am not entirely certain, I am pretty confident that it is true that Farke has been in favour of a back three, however - and this is the critical part - I do not believe he would be in favour of doing it with a no 10 and 2 wingers playing centrally and no central midfielders present.

Skipp for Stiepermann then.            

Krul

Aarons Buendia Skipp Placheta Quintilla

Pukki  Idah        

Whatever happens Tettey needs to come back in. He's a beast at this level and Skipp could learn a lot from him. It would help shield the defence with the two of them playing CDM and give the forwards a lot more license to roam. Especially with the return of Buendia. Mclean needs to be dropped he hasn't started the season well IMO, and I don't really see him as a holding midfielder. 

6 hours ago, All the Germans said:

I think the madness is that the question was Team for Bournemouth. And we have put OUR preferences, not DFs.

It sounds as though Emi will be on the bench to start so be prepared for Stiepermann or Tettey to play.

And Cantwell and Buendia are not wingers.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Pukki  Idah

Godfrey with a 'license to move forwards', in that starting line up? Do you have something against Zimmermann and Gibson...?

20 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Krul

Pukki  Idah         

That is the most ludicrous team suggestion I have ever seen. 

Has to be a joke. Nobody would seriously suggest it. 

Same as they wouldn't suggest dropping a fit zimmerman for an unfit Gibson. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

That is the most ludicrous team suggestion I have ever seen. 

Has to be a joke. Nobody would seriously suggest it. 

Same as they wouldn't suggest dropping a fit zimmerman for an unfit Gibson. 

There's got to be come a point where Gibson is fit?...presumably he's been in training everyday since we signed him

With us having no League Cup games this past couple if weeks there's been no games to ease him in with, he has to play at some point.

Why didnt we give him some minutes in the U23 game at Colney on Friday instead of playing the likes if Drmic or Leitner who have no future here?

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Not a chance in hell. Not match fit, simple as that. 

...ditto Buendia...he's been in training all preseason and took a knock last week that he should have recovered from 9 days on. We dont have any games to 'ease him in' ... just get him out there

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

The only way to get Emi match fit is for him to play matches. Start him and give him 60/70 minutes. That gives him long enough to win the game. It's difficult to argue with the statistics of the effect of his presence on the pitch. Particularly at Championship level we just don't do well without him.