grababackpackcanary

Team for Bournemouth

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

That is the most ludicrous team suggestion I have ever seen. 

Has to be a joke. Nobody would seriously suggest it. 

Yet another Jerry kerry post that ridicules someone's posts without offering anything himself. I can't see your ideas anywhere on this thread, so go on jk, what would your team be, or is your sole existence on this board just to put people down?

• Like 1

Krul

Aaron’s, Godfrey, Gibson, Quintilla

Skipp, Tettey, McClean

Buendia, Pukki, Hernandez 

this is mine, atleast to start, Bournemouth are a good footballing side and will cause us no end of problems if we are too open to start with. Buendia would be my preference but cantwell could also play this role, drifting central to join up play but with the extra midfielder behind him to protect Max as needed. Hernandez to keep some pace and an outlet ball. 

we can then bring placheta, Idah off the bench if we want to stretch the game or hudgil for the more physical response 

Edited by Big O

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Gibson Xavi

Skipp McClean

Emi Todd Onel

Pukki

We need our best 11 players out there. Emi is that good we have to get him going unless his leg is literally hanging off. If it gets to half time and its clear he isn't ready then we bring him off then. I can't see it though.

19 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Krul

Aarons Godfrey Gibson Xavi

Skipp McClean

Emi Todd Onel

Pukki

We need our best 11 players out there.

So why have you put McLean in?

• Haha 1

If I was playing a back three I'd look at something like this...

Krul

Zimmerman, Godfrey, Gibson

Aarons, Skipp, McLean, Quintilla

Buendia, Pukki, Placheta/Cantwell

14 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

So why have you put McLean in?

haha thought this would come back to me 😆

I think he's our most complete midfielder. We have one of our toughest games today.

Vrancic or leitner in there and we'd get overran, Tettey in there and we'd be sat too deep. Long term I'm intrigued to see what Sorenson would get up to there.

9 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

haha thought this would come back to me 😆

I think he's our most complete midfielder. We have one of our toughest games today.

Vrancic or leitner in there and we'd get overran, Tettey in there and we'd be sat too deep. Long term I'm intrigued to see what Sorenson would get up to there.

I'd rather have Bradley Johnson there...even now

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Skipp for Stiepermann then.            

Krul

Zimmermann Godfrey Gibson

Aarons Buendia Skipp Placheta Quintilla

Pukki  Idah        

That will never, ever happen. Suicidal.

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd rather have Bradley Johnson there...even now

I loved Johnson, but no, I certainly wouldn't have him in our midfield now.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

I loved Johnson, but no, I certainly wouldn't have him in our midfield now.

He still offers more than McLean.

Johnson had his weaknesses, but scored a number of important goals for us, wasn't afraid to get stuck in and actually tried to pass the ball forwards (even if he wasn't always that accurate).

• Like 1

What a difference a week makes , when I posted this I assumed Cantwell and Dowell to start. Now Im a little bemused I could see

pukki , Placheta , Stieperman , buendia , tettey , skipp , quintilla , zimmerman/gibson , godfrey and aarons 

or we could see a back three. I wouldnt want to guess now - thankfully on 40 mins away. Very interested to see what Daniel puts out.

Got to hope we have a good one today because leaving Cantwell and Emi home whilst starting Lukas Rupp is a potential image ****-show

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indy_Bones said:

He still offers more than McLean.

Johnson had his weaknesses, but scored a number of important goals for us, wasn't afraid to get stuck in and actually tried to pass the ball forwards (even if he wasn't always that accurate).

Sorry but you're factually incorrect if youre saying Mclean doesn't do those things, at this level.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry but you're factually incorrect if youre saying Mclean doesn't do those things, at this level.

I'm not, and he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Indy_Bones said:

I'm not, and he doesn't.

So last time in the championship Kenny didn't score any important goals or pass forwards? Yeah, alright then. Thought you were relatively fair in your opinions but that's just denying facts. Will never understand why some fans have it in for players for no reason. Someone like RvW who literally offered nothing then fair en...oh hold on.

I don't "have it in for him", I simply don't rate him as a player and think our midfield is weaker with him in instead of players like Vrancic, Leitner etc.

He just doesn't do enough of anything to justify his place, squad player at best.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I don't "have it in for him", I simply don't rate him as a player and think our midfield is weaker with him in instead of players like Vrancic, Leitner etc.

He just doesn't do enough of anything to justify his place, squad player at best.

Which is a fair opinion but to say youd swap him with Johnson now based on forward passing and goals is nonsensical.

I WOULD rather have Johnson in a like for like comparison then to now. Obviously Bradders is getting past it, but when he played for us he was far better than McLean and I didn't really rate Johnson that much back then either!

Point being that I'd rather play Vrancic, Leitner or Sorenson over McLean, never mind someone who played for us 8 years ago...

• Like 1

Praying for a quality performance and a goal or two for McLean, for two reasons.

a) We will probably win if this is the case, and I want all our players to perform as well as they can.

b) I won't have to scroll through the constant samey rubbish about McLean to find interesting posts.

Edited by Ian

5 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

I WOULD rather have Johnson in a like for like comparison then to now. Obviously Bradders is getting past it, but when he played for us he was far better than McLean and I didn't really rate Johnson that much back then either!

Point being that I'd rather play Vrancic, Leitner or Sorenson over McLean, never mind someone who played for us 8 years ago...

I’m totally with you, it’s more likely to give a goal away than create or score one....

Just laughing my head off at this entry on the BBC website:

- - - - - -

Płacheta starts for Canaries

AFC Bournemouth v Norwich City (16:00 BST)

Norwich start Przemysław Płacheta, who scored the late equaliser against Preston North End in the last league game, while Luka Rupp also comes in.

Kieron Dowell is out with a long-term ankle injury sustained last week, while Todd Cantwell also misses out.

Norwich: Krul, Aarons, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Quintilla, Skipp, Hernandez, Rupp, McLean, Emanuel, Pukki.

Subs: Vrancic, Hugill, Martin, Tettey, McGovern, Gibson, Idah.

- - - - - -

I'm impressed at the attention to detail in getting the exact letter for PP's surname. Then someone called Emanuel I haven't heard of starts the game, apparently in his place. Meanwhile Mr Rupp gets a first-name rename to a Suzanne Vega song about a kid that got abused. How fitting!!

Edited by TheGunnShow
Spelt Suzanne wrong. She has it with a "z".