Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

ifollow from phone to tv

In case it helps anyone, I bought one of these to link my phone to the TV to watch ifollow games. It works very well but make sure your battery is fully charged before the game starts. And make sure you have the right USB connector for your phone 

20200920_072344.thumb.jpg.cd62831b55cf3d96ba58b3e2c66a2287.jpg

Edited by dylanisabaddog

You can also get wireless plugins like chromecast etc that plug into your tv and receive your phone screen through "casting" so can keep your phone on charge at the same time.

35 minutes ago, kick it off said:

You can also get wireless plugins like chromecast etc that plug into your tv and receive your phone screen through "casting" so can keep your phone on charge at the same time.

I think ifollow blocks casting

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Why would you stream from a phone? 

Use a laptop or pc. 

And so you bought a USB cable lol, well done you. 

Really? 

I have a “lightning” adaptor and used this and an HDMI lead to connect my IPad to my TV.

All went well when I connected it all up and after mirroring my screen the IPad appeared on my TV.

I clicked on the EFL (iFollow) app, entered my user ID and password and whilst my iPad was fine I couldn’t get it onto my TV so had to watch the game on the iPad, which was ok but would have been better on a bigger screen.

After the game I searched on google and saw that iFollow is for phones, tablets etc.
I wondered if it blocked mirroring to a TV to stop pubs showing the game on a bigger screen?

If this is not the case and I did something wrong and you can help me out please feel free to let me know for future games.

Thanks.

13 minutes ago, pearsos said:

I have a “lightning” adaptor and used this and an HDMI lead to connect my IPad to my TV.

All went well when I connected it all up and after mirroring my screen the IPad appeared on my TV.

I clicked on the EFL (iFollow) app, entered my user ID and password and whilst my iPad was fine I couldn’t get it onto my TV so had to watch the game on the iPad, which was ok but would have been better on a bigger screen.

After the game I searched on google and saw that iFollow is for phones, tablets etc.
I wondered if it blocked mirroring to a TV to stop pubs showing the game on a bigger screen?

If this is not the case and I did something wrong and you can help me out please feel free to let me know for future games.

Thanks.

https://www.techhive.com/article/249065/how-to-connect-your-iphone-to-your-tv.html

Looks like ifollow have blocked it. I think Sky do as well and I had to pay EE £5 a month to allow me to cast BT sport from phone to TV. 

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think ifollow blocks casting

I think you're right Dylan, I spent most of yesterdays game trying to cast from my phone to my TV with no luck (I fried the GPU in my laptop and lost the HDMI port so have to use the windows driver which doesn't have HDMI support).
A lengthy Google suggests that iFollow does indded block casting, as Sky have done for a while now.

Another interesting observation was when I got the game up on my laptop then put iFollow on my phone, the signal was cut to my laptop. So iFollow stop multiple logins even on the same IP address. That may sound obvious to some but it's not that simple, SkyGo for example can't/doesn't block it on the same IP.

So thank you for the link, unlike some it seems, I am grateful as it saves me hours of trial-and-error 👍

• Like 1

I successfully cast my Samsung Galaxy Tab A to my Samsung TV both of which are on my WiFi. Technique was to pull down twice from the middle of screen top on the tablet then select 'smart view to link to TV. It worked fine.

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm a total technophobe so excuse my ignorance - am I right in thinking that if I have an HDMI cable that links my laptop to my TV it will work OK or do I just have to resort to my laptop - any help gratefully received!

1 hour ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Sorry, I'm a total technophobe so excuse my ignorance - am I right in thinking that if I have an HDMI cable that links my laptop to my TV it will work OK or do I just have to resort to my laptop - any help gratefully received!

I have a mini pc with HDMI out and use the TV as the computer screen. That worked fine on Saturday so I can't see why it would be any different from a laptop.

I did, however, find the overall quality of the ifollow product to be entirely substandard. 720p is pretty low resolution by today's standards (most dodgy streams are 1080p) and the on-screen graphics were blocky and amateur looking. It's not something I would be willing to pay for so will only be watching the home games that are covered by my season ticket.

You can cast wirelessly to a smart tv, or via a google chromecast or similar, from your pc. Just make sure they're all on the same network, access ifollow via chrome on your pc - put the stream into fullscreen then right click on it and press cast.

I've watched both games on iFollow on a wide screen PC without any issues. The commentary was a bit delayed in the first match but not for the second one. Good picture, no pixellating or blocking, no buffering.

However - the whole thing is about 10 seconds behind "live". As shown by the BBC Sport goal announcements appearing on my phone some seconds before being shown by iFollow.

2 hours ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Yep, that's how I do it.  Easy and no problems. 

On 20/09/2020 at 09:14, Jerrykerry said:

Use a laptop or pc. 

I have found there is a longer delay using home WiFi and at times a picture freeze.

I appreciate the above information as Ifollow was excellent on my phone and options to show this onto my Smart tv from iPhone is appreciated. 

On 20/09/2020 at 09:14, Jerrykerry said:

Use a laptop or pc. 

Honestly. Get laid.

• Like 1

Some useful information here so thanks to all.

My laptop and TV are a bit dated but my phone is OK. The picture quality from a Samsung G9 to TV via HDMI is way better than all the other options open to me that I've tried and I don't really want to buy a new laptop that I have no other use for. 

The Preston game worked way better than Huddersfield for me and I had no complaints but I have spoken to people who still had problems. 

4 hours ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

I have found there is a longer delay using home WiFi and at times a picture freeze.

I appreciate the above information as Ifollow was excellent on my phone and options to show this onto my Smart tv from iPhone is appreciated. 

Dont worry Blocko , its only Jerryo kerryo  being a grumpy sourpuss. It's what he does. Probably didn't occur to him that not everyone has a range of top notch devices to choose  from. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Some useful information here so thanks to all.

My laptop and TV are a bit dated but my phone is OK. The picture quality from a Samsung G9 to TV via HDMI is way better than all the other options open to me that I've tried and I don't really want to buy a new laptop that I have no other use for. 

The Preston game worked way better than Huddersfield for me and I had no complaints but I have spoken to people who still had problems. 

A 30cquid android ( kodi type) box will load and carry the app perfectly. A micro keyboard for around a tenner is a really good tool. So easy  to use.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

I have a mini pc with HDMI out and use the TV as the computer screen. That worked fine on Saturday so I can't see why it would be any different from a laptop.

I did, however, find the overall quality of the ifollow product to be entirely substandard. 720p is pretty low resolution by today's standards (most dodgy streams are 1080p) and the on-screen graphics were blocky and amateur looking. It's not something I would be willing to pay for so will only be watching the home games that are covered by my season ticket.

Many thanks!

Had a great picture on tv and sound in sink, hdmi lead from my Mac to tv, been using it a while and all good.

On 21/09/2020 at 23:43, Van wink said:

Had a great picture on tv and sound in sink, hdmi lead from my Mac to tv, been using it a while and all good.

So ifollow worked then - Mac to TV, via hdmi cable? 

others above seem to say it doesn’t work. 

confused. 

57 minutes ago, CanaryNath said:

confused. 

Just try any video with your Mac and see if it works on the TV with an HDMI lead. I don't use a Mac so can't help I'm afraid 

5 hours ago, CanaryNath said:

confused. 

Yeh worked fine, not using it today, my account is registered to an address in Germany, from when I used it a couple of years ago😉, don’t know if that makes any  difference now, shouldn’t do!

Edited by Van wink