Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

4 points from 6 is a good start

More than happy with 4 points at this stage. I think the lads have a few more gears to move through yet but a solid enough start in a very competitive league. tough game to come next

As we saw with Ipswich last season, the fixtures don't start to unwind until about 10 games in and early results can be very misleading. But we have played badly twice and still got 4 points. It was a very poor home performance against Preston who are a top 10 team but we still got a draw and could have won it with luck. That all bodes well but we could still lose Emi and Dowell is now out for some time. 

If we can stay in touch with the top long enough for Farke to work out how to set the team out then we should be OK. 

Yes i am satisfied with this and the league is a marathon not a print with players leaving, joining and settling in. The game against Bournmouth today is an early 6 pointer if we have promotion ambitions, their early success has surprised me somewhat given the good players that they have sold. A win or a draw would be good but 4 points from 3 would not look so Sharpe

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As we saw with Ipswich last season, the fixtures don't start to unwind until about 10 games in and early results can be very misleading. But we have played badly twice and still got 4 points. It was a very poor home performance against Preston who are a top 10 team but we still got a draw and could have won it with luck. That all bodes well but we could still lose Emi and Dowell is now out for some time. 

If we can stay in touch with the top long enough for Farke to work out how to set the team out then we should be OK. 

We'll have a very good idea how things stand once the transfer window is closed and after this very testing period:

Rotherham (a) - 17 October

Birmingham (h) 20 October

Wycombe (h) - 24 October

Brentford (a) 27 October

Bristol (a) - 31 October

Millwall (h) - 3 November

Swansea (h) - 7 November

Although I get it's pretty much the same for everyone, I make that 7 games in 22 days. Those no need to fear any of these fixtures on paper, but how squad morale & confidence and the attritional rate of injuries/knocks looks after that Swansea game will go a significant way to point how this season will pan out. McCallum gone, Dowell out, persistent rumours about our top players...suddenly our "bloated squad" mightn't look so overstocked after all. We'll see.

If you offered me a draw right now, I'd gratefully rip your hand off. Unbeaten starts will do me fine whilst the team works its way up to full match fitness and gets fully grooved in.

Bournemouth had an extra away game midweek and their new manager has yet to really settle on a system- some call it adaptable, but I don't remember the last time a team got out of this league without A. Massive Investment or B. one really strong gameplan that they can do better than everyone else. Avoiding defeat today is an absolute must but if we finally turn up properly we should be returning to Norfolk with 3 points.

5 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Depends who the opposition is?

I'm a little dissapointed given the fixtures.

A point away at huddersfield and a win vs preston may have 'appeared' good....but we should really be beating preston

Similarly, depends on our performance.

We were awful against Preston and should’ve lost. The fact we didn’t and we can (should) only improve on that performance means I’m happy with the draw. We never looked out of the match despite playing so poorly, against a very decent championship side who will be looking to push for top 6.

After the horrendous run at the end of last season, I’m more than satisfied with the start to this. As has been said, it’s how we look, performance and table wise after 10 games that will be more important 

34 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Only got 1 from 9 last time we were in the league.

Well said mate - I’m getting sick and tired of the fans who have no belief in the team, just because we’re not doing great yet. There’s still 129pts still available and last time we were in this league we drew away to Birmingham on the opening day of the season, then suffered from early 4-2 and 3-0 defeats at home to West Brom and Leeds. We didn’t manage to take a win until our 6th game

42 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

We’ve had a poor start, let’s be honest with ourselves 

Well lets remember we had an even worse start in our promotion season

Yes I originally posted 4 points from a possible 6 isn't a bad start. 4 from 9 is now mid table form. I assume judging by other posts that Buendia and Cantwell may be going. It is early days but with NCFC nothing really changes. We struggle, we develop young talent for bigger clubs, we get the odd promotion and then get relegated this is NCFC.

Buendia would be big loss our promotion chance up in flames I think

4 from 9 isn't.  Now 13th.  Have to play our best side and get a run of matches together.  Today's side was not our best starting 11.  

Pointless making any predictions or conclusions until we've had half a dozen more games or so. 

• Thanks 1