Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Pritchard

Us and Brentford rumoured to be interested in him, around £6m.

Stiepermann I think will be off and also with Buendia likely to be, Pritchard wouldn’t necessarily be a bad move although I hope he is back to fitness after his injuries at Huddersfield 

I always thought he was a top championship player when we had him but his career since is hardly inspiring. Ridiculous rumoured salary too.

• Like 1

For cheap, as backup / off the bench, yeah, I'd take him; he has natural skill (despite looking rubbish last week, that doesn't just disappear). For 6 million and high wages, no thanks.

I suspect we sold him at his peak. He has disappointed ever since and £6m in the current market for a player who once showed potential but now looks a dud seems a lot of money

• Like 2

Would like to think that’s agent talk, but apparently Farke did really rate him.

Pritchard’s been crap for ages, at best we’d rescue his career again and then he’d likely jump ship again as quickly as possible. No thanks.

Potentially still a very good player. In a Farke side I think he re-discovers his form, injury permitting. 

I wouldn't be adverse to this. If we're losing Buendia and not ever going to play Vrancic, we need some creativity. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

No thanks, wasn’t overly impressed last week. Let’s not go back never really works out. I’d like to move onto better options if possible.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Thought he was poor last week against us but wouldn't mind him as a replacement for Emi should the worst happen.

8 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Potentially still a very good player. In a Farke side I think he re-discovers his form, injury permitting. 

I wouldn't be adverse to this. If we're losing Buendia and not ever going to play Vrancic, we need some creativity. 

I’m with you two . His footballing career that was once so promising has been haywire , but there is a bloody good player there with a skill set that’s really hard to find in this league. Providing he’s still got the desire . Obviously a gamble , but I like a gamble ! 

2 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I’m with you two . His footballing career that was once so promising has been haywire , but there is a bloody good player there with a skill set that’s really hard to find in this league. Providing he’s still got the desire . Obviously a gamble , but I like a gamble ! 

I think we signed Hoolahan at a similar age too?

Was he injured last year? Only played 17 times for a struggling Huddersfield? Not so sure he’s worth a £6 million gamble if that’s a true figure being touted! Surely there’s better out there for that kind of money?

7 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

I think we signed Hoolahan at a similar age too?

Yes , Wes was 26 . Pritchard 27 I think .

Indy , I do agree £6million too much .

He was an excellent player here first time round, certainly not a player the club probably need given the lack of creativity in the last two games, but who would you drop?

Could it be Buendia is indeed off and Cantwell not up to his Premiership form at the moment might look a good buy.

No thanks, couldn't get in the starting XI for Huddersfield in the second half of last season.

Thought he was the bees knees, flopped in the Premier League, stuck with a bottom half Championship side now and good.. that's his level.

Looked very poor against us the other day apart from a couple of small flashes of skill. 

I'd hope we could do better, I'd possibly even prefer a Murphy twin to Pritchard due to his injury record. 

Bacuna evidently the better player, and Huddersfield rumoured to be touting him out. 

If we do get a big fee for Cantwell or Buendia, then I'd rather we offered £10m for him! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Thought he started poorly last week but looked a player by the end of the game (although we were on top by them).

Suffered from trying to play in the same position as Maddison when he was here. Could be the closest thing we'd get to an Emi replacement.

8 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Buendia has to say if we are serious about promotion this year... far better player than Pritchard.

This! Been saying all along, it’s quite simple for me, keep Buendia we go up, sell him and we won’t.