Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

NCFC v Preston Matchday Thread

Missing Emi’s quality. Todd can’t fill the void. Not seen enough of Dowell. Won’t be looking good if Emi goes 

1 minute ago, City 2nd said:

Oh, and we are going to walk this league according to many! Not according to the posts on here!

I mean, I myself predicted top six to be our aim and not top two.

Not sure why many think we are good enough for the autos

2 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Leitner is good at moving the ball around players when it's tight. I agree we don't look like we have a player of that type who can dictate tempo and control the ball.

Isn't that why we bought Sorensen?

Look disorganised at the back, including defensive midfield. Skipp still finding his feet. Mclean not at his best yet, missing Tettey imo, but Skipp probably needs time to settle into his role.

Not playing Farkeball and so far quite ordinary kind of football and dominated by Preston's organisation and confidence, but just need to dig in and fight.  The end result is what matters and it's only half way.

3 minutes ago, Grant Holts Moustache said:

Preston have been a decent team for the last few years. Will be in and around the play offs.

fook ooof they are mid table fodder

I’m not trying to defend the team as have been very average today but we actually have needed today. A team get in our faces and roughing us up and in fairness a little bit of quality when they have it. We have to find a way to get back into the game and get something, momentum was never going to change immediately we are going to have to earn it. Last week Huddersfield were poor and too respectful, this is a much better indicator of whether this squad has some guts about it. 

Edited by Big O
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Not playing Farkeball

Agreed. Too many long balls, Quintilla a very un-Farke like full back with little in the box to head in from his numerous crosses. Just simply not keeping possession well enough. We look like a new team under a new manager yet to find a philosophy 

Two things to look forward to:

1. Keith's report 

2. Lowfields to crow about how great Leeds are

Anything I've missed?

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Should I be the first then to ask "where are the subs Farke?"

If we are going to put balls in the box then it needs to be Hugill or Idah.