Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Emi injured and out megathread

53 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

it does because we aren't getting the market rate for him. Whats the point being a well run club and having a decent bank balance and having him on a long deal if we just let him go for £20m? Shows we are a pushover.

We've proven we arent a pushover under Webber already. We also have absolutely no knowledge of any contractual clauses or agreements. The statement is a bit silly without all this information imo.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We've proven we arent a pushover under Webber already. We also have absolutely no knowledge of any contractual clauses or agreements. The statement is a bit silly without all this information imo.

hence why I said "if" he goes for low money

4 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

hence why I said "if" he goes for low money

*If* we give Aarons to Barcelona, sell Godfrey to Man U for 50p and put Buendia in the under 23s until his contract is up, the whole world will know we've lost it. Club's a joke. Farke out. String Webber from the nearest lamp post...

Two different issues a) we sell developed players for money to fund the club and bring in the next generation of undeveloped players. b) we get market price for the players we sell. 

We’ll see if b) turns out to be true in practice. Did we sell Lewis to Liverpool for under £10 million? No. Will we sell Aaron’s to Barcelona? Maybe yes maybe no, but it’s a big marker that these players were strongly linked to that caliber of club - all the better to attract new players here in the future. 

Edited by Surfer

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Farke said yesterday that he’d picked up a knock

He said the same when Srbeny was left out of a game. Passed his medical and left a couple of days later, probably wasn't even in England.

4 hours ago, duke63 said:

Dropped as a result of that interview last week!

Not sure if that’s been confirmed to be actually the case, but that was my gut feeling too and wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever. 

Going by that theory, why did they bother with the charade of a fitness test on Saturday? How pointless/far do you think they go for their cover story - the guy picked up a knock and was injured. Simple.

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Going by that theory, why did they bother with the charade of a fitness test on Saturday? How pointless/far do you think they go for their cover story - the guy picked up a knock and was injured. Simple.

You do realise managers use that excuse to their advantage all the time, don’t you? (Which I have no problem with btw). It’s not unusual at all. 

I actually trust the club on this one, Farke brought it up on the friday that he had a knock from training that day but hopefully should be involved. He the confirmed after the match that over night it had bruised up and they had tried to get him ready, but a morning fitness test at Colney on Saturday saw he couldn't run or jump properly as a result.

Frankly we shouldn't be surprised he was left out for two reasons, the first being that he is our best player and he also at this level will get kicked a lot. If he is already suffering with a shin injury it would be pretty silly to send him out just to aggravate it further and then have him out for even longer. The other reason; he is potentially one of our bigger transfer fees to be received potentially. He wasn't left out because he is about to leave, he was left out so that if a club is sniffing around for him at £30 million, he's not going to be injured and stop that from happening either. 

I find the whole, 'he's been left out he's been left out and so is already leaving' so daft, Id say the current regime haven't done anything like that really, they've always been up front about if someone is about to go. 

*Also edited to add, he featured prominently in the training video from earlier in the week. Lets be honest, there is no way the club would be making him front and centre of that and having fun with Tetty if they know they are going to drop him on purpose with a bogus excuse because he's leaving immediately*

Edited by birchfest
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

I actually trust the club on this one, Farke brought it up on the friday that he had a knock from training that day but hopefully should be involved. He the confirmed after the match that over night it had bruised up and they had tried to get him ready, but a morning fitness test at Colney on Saturday saw he couldn't run or jump properly as a result.

Frankly we shouldn't be surprised he was left out for two reasons, the first being that he is our best player and he also at this level will get kicked a lot. If he is already suffering with a shin injury it would be pretty silly to send him out just to aggravate it further and then have him out for even longer. The other reason; he is potentially one of our bigger transfer fees to be received potentially. He wasn't left out because he is about to leave, he was left out so that if a club is sniffing around for him at £30 million, he's not going to be injured and stop that from happening either. 

I find the whole, 'he's been left out he's been left out and so is already leaving' so daft, Id say the current regime haven't done anything like that really, they've always been up front about if someone is about to go. 

*Also edited to add, he featured prominently in the training video from earlier in the week. Lets be honest, there is no way the club would be making him front and centre of that and having fun with Tetty if they know they are going to drop him on purpose with a bogus excuse because he's leaving immediately*

Exactly - but there's no logic which will stop the conspiracy theorists from peddling their little theories. 

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

You do realise managers use that excuse to their advantage all the time, don’t you? (Which I have no problem with btw). It’s not unusual at all. 

Obviously.  But there isn’t anything at all here that doesn’t add up in what we’ve been told.  Sometimes people are yelling the truth and there is no conspiracy.  The fact Emi was at the game doesn’t suggest a ‘punishment’.  

32 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Obviously.  But there isn’t anything at all here that doesn’t add up in what we’ve been told.  Sometimes people are yelling the truth and there is no conspiracy.  The fact Emi was at the game doesn’t suggest a ‘punishment’.  

I’m certainly not one who is always looking for a conspiracy theory, far from it. Just at the time (hence ‘was my gut feeling’ rather than ‘is my gut feeling’) it did cross my mind that there may have been a little more to it than met the eye, just on the basis that Webber was rumoured to be not exactly best pleased with Emi’s impromptu interview. That’s why I felt there could be something in it, it’s certainly not something that’s unheard of and wouldn’t be unique to us - just how the game is played sometimes.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Exactly - but there's no logic which will stop the conspiracy theorists from peddling their little theories. 

Just because you’re paranoid it doesn’t mean they’re not out to sell the whole squad and play the under 23s.