cambridgeshire canary

Emi injured and out megathread

“A knock in training”

🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  🤔 🤔 🤔  

Just now, The Real Buh said:

“A knock in training”

🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  🤔🤔🤔  

Aka a phonecall from Atlético

"A knock" is probably a polite way of saying that the club weren't impressed with the interview, especially coming off the back of a three game suspension

• Like 2

I think it might be a bit more of a slap on the wrist for his unwarranted press statement last week.

If he’s on his way for a decent amount then I’ll be very sad as he’s potentially our ticket back up first go, but if the right move for the right money comes along good luck to him and thanks for all he’s done.

7 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

With 33 players Preston have got no chance at all. Love it.

A revolutionary 12-6-9-3 formation. We'll probably still concede on set pieces.

Pleased to see an unchanged formation even if Buendia's absence is very much conspicuous.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

A revolutionary 12-6-9-3 formation. 

Pleased to see an unchanged formation even if Buendia's absence is very much conspicuous.

I for one am happy that Farke has finally woken up and smelt the coffee and is playing 2 holding goalkeepers in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

The video of Norwich training this week posted by the club showed Emi absolutely buzzing around the place in the shooting drill. It’s bollox. 

• Like 2

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

Yet more evidence that the stowmarket 2 and Nepotism Tom are selling the clubs best assets

you couldn’t make it up 

What!? They're selling the academy too!? Fml

• Haha 1

I'm resigned to him going, its going on the cheap (aka less than £30m) I'd be pissed off with. It would completely undermine our whole strategy if we sell him for less than that.

34 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Megathread?

I like the idea of Megathread's we will probably be seeing more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

I'm resigned to him going, its going on the cheap (aka less than £30m) I'd be pissed off with. It would completely undermine our whole strategy if we sell him for less than that.

Liverpool are paying £41-45m for Jota from Wolves, so unless Wolves come in for him I struggle to see the club getting £20-25m for him.

10 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

It wouldnt undermine it though would it? Even at 20m it would represent quadrupling what we paid in two seasons.

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Liverpool are paying £41-45m for Jota from Wolves, so unless Wolves come in for him I struggle to see the club getting £20-25m for him.

20-25m is Said Benrahma money, Buendia better and a couple of years younger.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It wouldnt undermine it though would it? Even at 20m it would represent quadrupling what we paid in two seasons.

it does because we aren't getting the market rate for him. Whats the point being a well run club and having a decent bank balance and having him on a long deal if we just let him go for £20m? Shows we are a pushover.