cambridgeshire canary

Just a reminder that there is ZERO international coverage of todays match

Excuse my complete ignorance but can't the illegal streaming services just pick up the ifollow coverage? 

I'm a season ticket holder so keeping my fingers crossed that ifollow actually works today! 

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Excuse my complete ignorance but can't the illegal streaming services just pick up the ifollow coverage? 

I'm a season ticket holder so keeping my fingers crossed that ifollow actually works today! 

Ifollow? Working? I'll keep an eye out for some flying pigs 😉

Hope those using streams aren’t on here in a couple of weeks complaining that the club has just said their revenue is lower than expected. Can’t have it all ways !.

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I think one of the lucky 1,000 should Zoom the game.

Haha, get their business head on and charge a fiver a pop.

Half price and still better quality than iFollow.

27 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hope those using streams aren’t on here in a couple of weeks complaining that the club has just said their revenue is lower than expected. Can’t have it all ways !.

I agree with that and had previously used IFollow for that reason, but a poor coverage resulted and I ceased bothering with it. This was some time ago.

I have re-registered today and paid for today's match which I will watch on my laptop.

I will check to see if it becomes accessible on an illegal stream on my PC.

I am giving IFollow another chance.

Btw. Do you know just how much of my £10 gets to the club?

A successful service should attract thousands of viewers (perhaps) and mitigate against loss of gate money, especially as exiles will be keen to use it as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I agree with that and had previously used IFollow for that reason, but a poor coverage resulted and I ceased bothering with it. This was some time ago.

I have re-registered today and paid for today's match which I will watch on my laptop.

A successful service should attract thousands of viewers (perhaps) and mitigate against loss of gate money, especially as exiles will be keen to use it as well.

I don’t I’m afraid, but would love to know. For clubs like us with a big following ( assuming we get a good cut on away games ) I guess we are not a lot worse off than normal gate receipts. 

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Indeed, as someone who has used Ifollow the number of issues has been ridiculous

From the picture not working, to the sound not working, to the sound being a minute behind the action.. Honestly cant remember the last time it worked properly.

Prehaps if the club offered a service that worked most of the time people wouldn't be looking elsewhere..

51 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not sure why supporters would complain at. From this weekend onwards the club will begin to refund ST holder's for games they cannot attend - that's going to be a big hit to revenue. ST holders get iFollow free for home games and midweek away games. Even if the the club were to retain the full £10 for the remaining away games, as a revenue stream it's relatively tiny? 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

We wiuldnt expect any less from you.

Imagine hating me and my threads yet still posting in them, what a clown

You can just ignore them you know

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Well I've just registered and redeemed my code for my first ever iFollow matchday experience! If I think it offers value compared to an illegal freeby then I'll continue to use it in the future.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Well I've just registered and redeemed my code for my first ever iFollow matchday experience! If I think it offers value compared to an illegal freeby then I'll continue to use it in the future.

Good luck, hopefully you have a better time with it than I have in the past

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Imagine hating me and my threads yet still posting in them, what a clown

You can just ignore them you know

Oh dear, you think I have energy to waste on hating you? I fear you have an inflated sense of relevance. We'll  wait and see if your OP turns out to be true.... then judge. Eh? 

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh dear, you think I have energy to waste on hating you? I fear you have an inflated sense of relevance. We'll  wait and see if your OP turns out to be true.... then judge. Eh? 

Who knows, I could be wrong-I often am. All I did was look up international coverage and found nothing, unlike normaly when it shows that we are being shown on Beinsport Tasmania or whatever.

I had a quick flick through several club forums last Sunday and all of them included negative comments about ifollow. Presumably there is a standard of service clause in the contract with the EFL. If so I should think that a proper broadcaster would jump at the chance of showing the matches. If it doesn't improve today I'll email Mr Webber and see what he thinks

On a related notes, is there any way of being able to hear radio Norfolk commentary outside Norfolk when football commentary is on (it’s blocked on bbc sounds/internet).

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

On a related notes, is there any way of being able to hear radio Norfolk commentary outside Norfolk when football commentary is on (it’s blocked on bbc sounds/internet).

I always avail myself of Dr Dublin's Youtube site.

IFollow provided me with an immaculate coverage (except they insist upon keeping that yellow babbber acreoss the top pf the page.) on my chromebook.

This was (as I pointed out above) my first try with it for a while. Streams are automatic with PL games in any case.

I tried two streaming services on my PC, none worked.

Did anybody get a decent stream, btw? It will be IFollow for me unless problems resurface as this helps the club make up for lost gate income.