Sign in to follow this  
MrFruit

Application for tickets in bubbles

Can anyone enlighten me how applications for tickets worked when you are part of a bubble? Did one from the bubble apply on behalf of the bubble or did bubble apply as individuals?

So either one from bubble applies and is either successful or unsuccessful so whole bubble gets a ticket each/misses out

or

Bubble members individually apply which increases the chances of the whole bubble getting a ticket

4 hours ago, MrFruit said:

Can anyone enlighten me how applications for tickets worked when you are part of a bubble? Did one from the bubble apply on behalf of the bubble or did bubble apply as individuals?

So either one from bubble applies and is either successful or unsuccessful so whole bubble gets a ticket each/misses out

or

Bubble members individually apply which increases the chances of the whole bubble getting a ticket

As I understand it, you can apply on behalf of your whole bubble, as long as they are registered with the ticket office alongside you at the time of doing so.

I applied (for the Preston game) on line and was asked if there were any additional season ticket holders I wished to add. I'm certain it was then a case of if my number was picked out then the other would get a ticket as well.

However, I'm not sure if you increased the chances of a ticket, if the others had also registered as a bubble with me in it?

9 minutes ago, East Rider said:

However, I'm not sure if you increased the chances of a ticket, if the others had also registered as a bubble with me in it?

If you're sure that any additional ST holders you had linked would also have got a ticket then presumably it would increase your chances as if any one of a bubble is pulled out then they all get a ticket 

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

If you're sure that any additional ST holders you had linked would also have got a ticket then presumably it would increase your chances as if any one of a bubble is pulled out then they all get a ticket 

Possibly.

However, I got the impression when registering that it was only my ticket 'in the barrel' for the draw. Therefore, for the others to get a seat my ticket had to be pulled out.

I'm not sure how it works in that scenario.

Edited by East Rider
  • Like 1

You include the person or persons in your bubble when you fill in your application. Its very simple.

So I sit with my brother in law, if I put him in my bubble and he puts me in his bubble, have we got twice as many chances of getting a ticket ?

33 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

So I sit with my brother in law, if I put him in my bubble and he puts me in his bubble, have we got twice as many chances of getting a ticket ?

Sorry but I hope not. I would hope registration in a bubble would automatically block you from another

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

You include the person or persons in your bubble when you fill in your application. Its very simple.

Yes very simple but can you be registered in more than one bubble? Thus increasing your chances? “Double bubble “ or in our case 6!

Edited by MrFruit

21 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

Yes very simple but can you be registered in more than one bubble? Thus increasing your chances? “Double bubble “ or in our case 6!

You can only apply once, I believe. Mrs Wolf put the application through for three of us, at which point we were all registered into the ballot. Our registration got pulled out, all three of us got a ticket.

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

You can only apply once, I believe. Mrs Wolf put the application through for three of us, at which point we were all registered into the ballot. Our registration got pulled out, all three of us got a ticket.

This is how I understand it. Otherwise you would get as many ST holders as possible 'in your bubble' and maximise your chances to the detriment of others

• Like 1

I did wonder quite how it all worked, but it’s not that big a deal - I’m sure they’ve tried to be fair and any system will have flaws.  I wasn’t sure earlier in the week about getting up for today’s game so didn’t put my name in the hat - will be with the rest trying out iFollow or whatever it’s called for the first time...