Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit hole

Roger, we have a problem

Problem is, some people live much of their lives on social media these days and struggle with their mental health as it is. Wouldn’t funny if you found out that was the thing that tipped one of those people over the edge.

I get that some of the "entrants" can be pretty annoying at times but publicly humiliating them like that isn't really fair, it goes beyond "banter" for me.

He seems to suggest that some of them have been similarly nasty to him before so maybe there's more to it.

I've definitely noticed many aspects of social media turn nastier in the last year or 2 in the name of "banter". Theres a fine line with it and I'd probably draw it at sustained, 1 sided bullying where the defendant has no way of avoiding it/defending themselves.

Luckily for me, I have a good bunch of friends and family in the real world that will set me straight and tell me when I'm being a c u next Tuesday but also be there to pick me up when I'm feeling down etc. I suspect some of those targeted in this aren't so lucky so things like this can really affect them.

I worry one day I'll have kids that want to get involved in it all.

Very strange thing to do. Familiar with some of the names on there, but just mute them ( as you would on here). Unless he’s friends with all of them, the angle is malicious! 

Quite similar to “The Waldo Moment” episode from Black Mirror. People may think it’s hideous, yet it only survives because it’s been given oxygen not least by those voting in the damn things.

You could say he’s holding up a mirror to social media society but don’t think we needed that as we know it’s a godforsaken hellhole. 

Personally I saw it just as in jest. I’ve always called close friends a CUN.. and it’s seen more as a term of endearment. I don’t believe this was a malicious attempt to hurt anyone but I may be wrong

24 minutes ago, Rabbit hole said:

Personally I saw it just as in jest. I’ve always called close friends a CUN.. and it’s seen more as a term of endearment. I don’t believe this was a malicious attempt to hurt anyone but I may be wrong

there's the difference, close friends, not random people on the Internet. Definitely looks like intent there to me, like he was trying to prove a point.

I saw the name and thought it might have been the bloke who used to sit in my block at the River End and a Facebook stalk confirmed it is he. It looks like it is his son who was behind it, the one who got tw@ted in a morph suit a few years back at Forest away.

To be honest, no one really comes out of it well, the idea was stupid and the people getting their knickers in a twist over it are pretty stupid.

My only question is, who is Anita Byrne?

Well it seems like I’m famous , funny how everyone writes under a hidden name on here.

lets have a few FACTS . ( strange thing I know)

firstly I’m not on twitter so it’s a bit of a stretch for me to write on there.

secondly it wasn’t put up by anyone in my family.

from what I’ve seen some took it in good heart so didn’t ..that’s social media!

However if the person who wrote the OP using my name would like to show themselves I can then perhaps have a good laugh at them!

hope that clears up this nonsense 

26 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I saw the name and thought it might have been the bloke who used to sit in my block at the River End and a Facebook stalk confirmed it is he. It looks like it is his son who was behind it, the one who got tw@ted in a morph suit a few years back at Forest away.

To be honest, no one really comes out of it well, the idea was stupid and the people getting their knickers in a twist over it are pretty stupid.

My only question is, who is Anita Byrne?

Do I know you? Should I know you?

Do I really care?

questions so many questions?

2 hours ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

I know Roger, very opioniated, very left wing but generally harmless. 

According to his FB this isn't him though. Although I haven't seen the offending post as I don't do Tw@tter. 

Harmless ...😂 that’s a compliment! Who are you btw?

17 minutes ago, Roger green said:

Do I know you? Should I know you?

Do I really care?

questions so many questions?

I'm in a seat a couple of rows back from where you used to sit years back a couple of rows in the River End. Along with yourself I was one of the few people in our block prone to an occasional angry outburst. If you need any more clues, I was the young, good-looking one with the less good-looking northerner Dad. We all got on pretty well around there, and I like you even more now I know you're a fellow leftie. There's not many left around us from when you sat there, apart from the old boy who sat in the row between us who always bought mince pies at Christmas and occasionally sausage rolls.

But it's definitely your son or relation who was putting up these Norwich Cambridge University Netball Team polls, unless it's someone pretending to be him. He used to sit with you in the River End.

Edited by canarydan23

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm in a seat a couple of rows back from where you used to sit years back a couple of rows in the River End. Along with yourself I was one of the few people in our block prone to an occasional angry outburst. If you need any more clues, I was the young, good-looking one with the less good-looking northerner Dad. We all got on pretty well around there, and I like you even more now I know you're a fellow leftie. There's not many left around us from when you sat there, apart from the old boy who sat in the row between us who always bought mince pies at Christmas and occasionally sausage rolls.

But it's definitely your son or relation who was putting up these Norwich Cambridge University Netball Team polls, unless it's someone pretending to be him. He used to sit with you in the River End.

Ha I know you..someone put it up and it got took down so he reposted it ..well that’s what he said anyway ..yes it was a good bunch of people who sat there back then ..I often think about going back ( when allowed) but it’s the premier league that pisses  me off to be honest...

maybe if we are allowed this season I might return ,that’ll please a few hey! 

Just now, Roger green said:

Ha I know you..someone put it up and it got took down so he reposted it ..well that’s what he said anyway ..yes it was a good bunch of people who sat there back then ..I often think about going back ( when allowed) but it’s the premier league that pisses  me off to be honest...

maybe if we are allowed this season I might return ,that’ll please a few hey! 

It was the good-looking bit that gave me away wasn't it?!

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

And I still don't know who Anita Byrne is!

Sounds like a Scottish arsonist. 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Roger green said:

Well it seems like I’m famous , funny how everyone writes under a hidden name on here.

lets have a few FACTS . ( strange thing I know)

firstly I’m not on twitter so it’s a bit of a stretch for me to write on there.

secondly it wasn’t put up by anyone in my family.

from what I’ve seen some took it in good heart so didn’t ..that’s social media!

However if the person who wrote the OP using my name would like to show themselves I can then perhaps have a good laugh at them!

hope that clears up this nonsense 

I was only praising Joe for his sense of humour. I found it amusing and didn’t believe it needed the usual outrage that comes with social media. 

please don’t criticise me when all I am doing is praising your family humour. Maybe it’s the lefty outrage that has got you riled up but otherwise I am just saying jolly good show Greeno 

2 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

I was only praising Joe for his sense of humour. I found it amusing and didn’t believe it needed the usual outrage that comes with social media. 

please don’t criticise me when all I am doing is praising your family humour. Maybe it’s the lefty outrage that has got you riled up but otherwise I am just saying jolly good show Greeno 

I found it quite funny aswell when it was sent to me ...however I’m assured it wasn’t Joe ( well not till it was taken down) and it def wasn’t me...I don’t think I’ve ever posted on twitter!

The ‘outrage’ was because I only had to be asked...instead of being told it was me or him!

anyway even Darren Huckerby joined in as I was told ..even he found it funny.

the only person who riled up was the bloke who’s picture was in the original post...but he would would he!

he normally screams bully whenever he is mentioned anywhere if he can’t get money from it! 

18 hours ago, Rabbit hole said:

I think it's clear from reading the tweets that he isn't using C-word as a term of endearment.

I've seen these sorts of polls before but its generally aimed at famous people who are a bit insultaed from all this nonsense. To do it for random Norwich fans seemed very harsh and if it was just meant to be a bit of fun...maybe ask them first if they minded being included? That way you could filter out the people who wouldn't take it in the (apparently) intended spirit. 

Being called a c u n t by random strangers on twitter isn't much fun and I don't blame people for not appreciating it. That said, the talk of getting the police or the club involved seems a bit OTT to me but if he gets banned from Carrow Road then maybe he'll learn about the fact that actions, even online, have consequences.