Sign in to follow this  
CaptCanary

Bournemouth Away

Apparently this game has been moved to the Sunday now, as they are playing Man City on Thursday night on TV.

Sounds like the Sunday match won't be on Sky now, so will need to be watched wirh a £10 iFollow pass.

14 hours ago, CaptCanary said:

Apparently this game has been moved to the Sunday now, as they are playing Man City on Thursday night on TV.

Sounds like the Sunday match won't be on Sky now, so will need to be watched wirh a £10 iFollow pass.

It will be free as not a Saturday game. Can't find anything about this change, where did you read it? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It will be free as not a Saturday game. Can't find anything about this change, where did you read it? 

When I saw their cup game was planned for 24 hours before the league game I thought that it would be moved - quick Twitter search and some Bournemouth fans saying it's on Sunday now and that it's not on Sky now, so miss out on TV revenue.

Sky also announced a new Championship game for the Friday time slot last night.

Hope you're right about being free, but I'm sure the wording was along the lines of 'midweek' away games being free.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/august/ifollow-matches-to-be-streamed/

I may be wrong but my understanding of this is that we only have to pay for away games on ifollow that kick off at 3.00 on a Saturday. 

The Bournemouth game on the Friday night has now been removed from the Sky schedule and replaced by Huddersfield v Forest

Edited by dylanisabaddog

49 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Sunday is not “ midweek “

But it is also not 3pm on a Saturday!

"Season ticket holders will receive a complimentary match pass for all matches except away matches that kick off at 3pm UK time on a Saturday. For those games, season ticket holders will be required to purchase a £10 match pass to view the broadcast."

Bournemouth being drawn away to Man City could turn out to be a bonus for us. When smaller teams are drawn against teams of the same level or lower they usually field a weaker team (give some of them reserves a game). When they drawn against stronger teams though they often field the first choice starting XI, and their players only have 2 days to recover from it...