Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Max Aarons

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Perhaps numerous threads wouldn’t need creating of people actually stuck to the subject of the thread! You’re there telling everyone about creating interesting threads, create one! Hogesar sits with a dictionary correcting people (while using poor grammar himself) and then you get these weird accounts that keep appearing on here talking absolute waffle about the state of the club. This is a forum and if people want to talk, they can!

What are you on about? 

Oh, by the way:

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Perhaps numerous threads wouldn’t need creating of people actually stuck to the subject of the thread!

I think you meant 'if'.

• Haha 2

Wee knead mower sour dough interleck chools hon diss for room.....I was once on Universally Challenged.....when Bamber Gasket was the Quiz Meister....

39 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Let's be honest. If this forum was properly moderated, this thread would have been amalgamated into the transfer rumour thread. There's nothing new here. 

I'm all in favour of discussion, but it's hardly like there's anything new on this topic, is there? Not like the Emi Buendia thread where he has done an interview. 

I think the board would actually not work as well with over moderation. The transfer rumours thread is already too long, with too many tangents. I think it isn't an issue if new threads pop up on specific players when there is new information. While it is true that the information regarding Max that generated this thread probably wasn't accurate (or was a rehash of old information) it did spark off a fresh conversation about his future. 

Threads that are over 5 or 6 pages become pretty unwieldy pretty quickly (and generally become a couple of the usual suspects bickering) so a fresh thread is probably a better way to focus the conversation. As the board is well used anything that isn't discussion worthy tends to fall away pretty quickly. That high usage also means that a few, longer threads, would become impossible to follow pretty quickly. A popular topic will quickly become 5 or 6 pages and if you don't check it regularly you'll soon lose track of the conversation. Lots of short threads works better, and if they meander onto new topics then so be it, that is how a conversation works. 

• Like 2

Please can we all refrain from offending @Terminally Yellow? He is the Emi Buendia of our forum and we must keep him at all costs; he is a poster of the highest quality.

Remember when the squad agreed to let Emi win the team go-karting in the hope he would be so pleased he would stay for another season? Well we must do the same now.

This topic is done, there is no more debate to be had about Aarons until his transfer is announced, or the window is closed seeing him stay at the club - at which point we are granted a single thread to each say 'phew Aarons is still here', but nothing more, please! 

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Because the topic of where Max Aarons could go has been discussed to death this summer. We started a new thread when Michael Bailey said three of our best players would be sold. Then another when links to Bayern surfaced. Then there's the transfer rumour thread which has literally hundreds of posts speculating where he and everyone else could end up. Then there's the Jamal Lewis threads which because Aarons and Lewis are somewhat linked has led to discussions over Max's future.

This topic is done. It's boring. Move on. Let's keep this forum interesting or else people will get bored and all that will be left is Lake District Canary posting massive diatribes against anyone who has anything negative to say, Til perving on young girls and Cambridge Canary creating thread after thread in the hope someone will finally notice him. 

You really have some serious issues , time to take a long term break from the internet 

40 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think the board would actually not work as well with over moderation. The transfer rumours thread is already too long, with too many tangents. I think it isn't an issue if new threads pop up on specific players when there is new information. While it is true that the information regarding Max that generated this thread probably wasn't accurate (or was a rehash of old information) it did spark off a fresh conversation about his future. 

Threads that are over 5 or 6 pages become pretty unwieldy pretty quickly (and generally become a couple of the usual suspects bickering) so a fresh thread is probably a better way to focus the conversation. As the board is well used anything that isn't discussion worthy tends to fall away pretty quickly. That high usage also means that a few, longer threads, would become impossible to follow pretty quickly. A popular topic will quickly become 5 or 6 pages and if you don't check it regularly you'll soon lose track of the conversation. Lots of short threads works better, and if they meander onto new topics then so be it, that is how a conversation works. 

Exactly- we've signed something like 11 players, sold a couple and will likely sell a few more before the window closes. The idea that can all be contained within one thread without it becoming near impossible to follow is unlikely to me.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Exactly, Some threads have turned into Brexit topics. I come here for Norwich information and that only. 89 pages of a transfer rumours thread is certainly not 89 pages of talking about Norwich transfers. 

ironically the Max Aaron’s thread has gone the same way!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Exactly- we've signed something like 11 players, sold a couple and will likely sell a few more before the window closes. The idea that can all be contained within one thread without it becoming near impossible to follow is unlikely to me.

Given the sheer numbers of forums that have threads that span in the hundreds of pages about all sorts of topics, there's plenty of evidence clearly showing you how wrong you are.

But then I perhaps overestimate the intellects of some on here to follow a conversation, so maybe for this forum there is some force in this argument.

2 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Please can we all refrain from offending @Terminally Yellow? He is the Emi Buendia of our forum and we must keep him at all costs; he is a poster of the highest quality.

Remember when the squad agreed to let Emi win the team go-karting in the hope he would be so pleased he would stay for another season? Well we must do the same now.

This topic is done, there is no more debate to be had about Aarons until his transfer is announced, or the window is closed seeing him stay at the club - at which point we are granted a single thread to each say 'phew Aarons is still here', but nothing more, please! 

Finally some recognition.

Although I'm more the Lionel Messi of this forum rather than the Emi Buendia.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

He won’t be here much longer then! Can’t deny him a move like that. He’d go with my absolute blessing he’s a huge talent.

On 17/09/2020 at 13:10, Terminally Yellow said:

Although I'm more the Lionel Messi of this forum rather than the Emi Buendia.

Thanks solely to YOUR egotism we now have Barça knocking on the door for Max - cheers for drawing their attention

Amazing opportunity, and a real advert for our academy for any young player looking to plot a move to the top.

If this is true and they aren’t trying to lowball in the offer then we should let him go. An amazing opportunity.

we would need a new right-back fairly sharply though but I’m sure we could get a loan or something in to bide is over until Byram fit and compete with Mumba. How about getting Jayden Bogle on loan? 

If that level of club really is interested then Max and his reps must be really pushing for the move. Why wouldn't they?

Now that we are in the Champs I’d have thought a sell-and-loan-back for the season was an option - surprised it hasn’t been suggested for a couple of guys; perhaps it will in the coming weeks. 

League rules are:  “a Player whose registration is permanently transferred may return to his original Club (provided that Club is a Member Club) within twelve months on a Standard Loan transfer in accordance with the provisions of Regulations 54 to 56 provided the circumstances of such an arrangement receives the prior written approval of The League, such approval not to be unreasonably withheld.”

On 17/09/2020 at 11:04, Tetteys Jig said:

Back to Max Aarons then... I wonder what he'll do with his hair for Saturday? 👀

The "Ralph Coates" look is all the rage I hear.

Just now, hogesar said:

If that level of club really is interested then Max and his reps must be really pushing for the move. Why wouldn't they?

No-one ever under-estimated the level of public stupidity, but I’m bemused by the number of comments saying “it’s Barcelona, Norwich cannot stand in his way” - even from one of our own fans on here. By that logic, Barcelona don’t even need to offer a fee, just inform the lowly club of their target player that the player will be joining them.

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

No-one ever under-estimated the level of public stupidity, but I’m bemused by the number of comments saying “it’s Barcelona, Norwich cannot stand in his way” - even from one of our own fans on here. By that logic, Barcelona don’t even need to offer a fee, just inform the lowly club of their target player that the player will be joining them.

I think there is a small element where big clubs actually get players like Max for a slightly better price than they should because their simple presence causes the player and his agent to push and potentially disrupt at the existing club. But in general youre of course correct, Barcelona can afford to pay a proper fee that matches or is at least very close to our valuation 

39 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He won’t be here much longer then! Can’t deny him a move like that. He’d go with my absolute blessing he’s a huge talent.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, there'll no doubt be a large number of bitter fans who claim he only left for the money.

Of course they should pay an appropriate fee but £20m plus add ons doesn’t sound like they are trying to get him on the cheap. This is of course with the big caveat of it being media reported figures, we have no clue of the real offer. 

I do feel he would be a massive loss to us though, him and Buendia were always the ones that will be the hardest to replace. Top quality players 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Update doesn't sound as appealing as the initial tweet.

That is quite different to original post. You can see why we would say No to that. It’s almost the exact opposite of what we would want (I.e sell for a fee and a loan back to us). This is more a try before you buy from them. 

• Like 3