Sign in to follow this  
Dr Greenthumb

Max Aarons

The core of our players need to be kept in order to achieve promotion or give us the best chance of promotion. We seem to have a similar tactic to Brentford where we will only sell a couple of the most valuable players and retain the rest, in order to competitive. 

If Max was to be sold, I would want £25m plus and with some of that money reinvested into a new RB (one for the first team)

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

But we haven't though, have we?

Are you really saying that you have already made your mind up on a player that signed for an underperforming club in a January transfer window, 3 months before a global pandemic changed how the season would play out entirely, and has still only palyer 13 games for us total?

Are you genuinely saying he's not good enough to play there without ANY evidence having been made available to you?

I'm not saying he's the answer, I don't know how he will eventually turn out - NONE of us do. What I'm saying is dont write him off considering a the circumstances. Our manager (who probably has a tad more football intelligence about him than some random guy on a forum) said he can play comfortably as right back when we signed him.

I dont want Max to go, but at the same time I haven't made my mind up on a guy that has barely been given any chance by a majority of the fan base. It's not like many of our other players have set the world alight since January is it?

But u suppose that doesn't serve the ones who just want to dislike a player for little reason.

I think it is pretty fair to believe that Rupp is not an adequate option based on what we have seen from him so far (yes even based on the limited sample size / awful team performances etc). As King says, I don't think Rupp possesses any of the qualities that Aarons currently offers at RB unfortunately. However as a stop gap option (like Tettey at CB in emergencies) then so be it.

That said, I would much prefer to see Mumba given some game time than Rupp there, and I'd be a bit bewildered if Farke opted for Rupp over Mumba after the latter put in a good performance against Luton.

I suppose then when Byram is back - and on the basis he may be able to stay fit this time (?) - then we do have some options at RB which may not warrant a direct Aarons replacement. Although it would still of course be a disappointing downgrade to lose Aarons in this way.

42 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I think it is pretty fair to believe that Rupp is not an adequate option based on what we have seen from him so far (yes even based on the limited sample size / awful team performances etc). As King says, I don't think Rupp possesses any of the qualities that Aarons currently offers at RB unfortunately. However as a stop gap option (like Tettey at CB in emergencies) then so be it.

That said, I would much prefer to see Mumba given some game time than Rupp there, and I'd be a bit bewildered if Farke opted for Rupp over Mumba after the latter put in a good performance against Luton.

I suppose then when Byram is back - and on the basis he may be able to stay fit this time (?) - then we do have some options at RB which may not warrant a direct Aarons replacement. Although it would still of course be a disappointing downgrade to lose Aarons in this way.

Byram is an unfortunate question mark right now. If he wasn't so injury prone I'd argue we'd be rpetty happy with him, backed up by Mumba and then Rupp in a pinch. However it is difficult to be confident he'll play more than 10 games this season, so would we be happy relying on an inexperienced 18 year old who was generally a midfielder until this season and utility guy for the majority of the season?

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Byram is an unfortunate question mark right now. If he wasn't so injury prone I'd argue we'd be rpetty happy with him, backed up by Mumba and then Rupp in a pinch. However it is difficult to be confident he'll play more than 10 games this season, so would we be happy relying on an inexperienced 18 year old who was generally a midfielder until this season and utility guy for the majority of the season?

Yep it was certainly a bit of a leap to make that assumption, but I really hope he can at least contribute to more than 10 games this season. He did manage a half-decent run of games in the last campaign, but with the extra fixture congestion it may prove even more difficult to keep him in regularly.

It surely would not be suitable to have Mumba and Rupp as our first and second options for any prolonged period of time this season. Hopefully by now the backroom staff have an idea of what they think they can extract from Byram (and the likelihood of this) - and we'll have to act accordingly to this in the event of Aarons' departure.

5 hours ago, South Sider said:

Presume you've seen Rupp play extensively at right back then?

Probably as much as we had all seen Max 'Rolls Royce' Aarons at right back before he was ever in the side there?

Back in your hole.

Is it really necessary to be so rude? He's entitled to his opinion 

Re £55 m and Corporate Tax at 24% ....

True, but we could always redevelop and expand the City Stand 🙂 

Edited by Surfer

9 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I’m surprised nobody has come in for him already. A top, top talent who could go right to the top of the game. £20 million a steal if that’s the going rate.

We will accept less than that as we did with jamal

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Re £55 m and Corporate Tax at 24% ....

True, but we could always redevelop and expand the City Stand 🙂 

By the end of the company tax year ?   LOL

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Newcastle would be a logical place to go. Not to mention he has a cousin there in Rolando, and is a similar pacey sort to Yedlin. I said Lewis was well-served to go to Newcastle as he should be able to hit the first team and see how he pushes on, and Aarons would be in the same boat.

Problem would be - can Mumba make the leap straight away? He'd need to, as Byram's still out. If Byram wasn't so injury-prone I'd be more pleased at a potential sale, but at the moment it's more a case of preferring him to stay the season to get back up there. I'd also say Aarons probably needs the "seasoning" of another Championship season a bit less than Godfrey or Cantwell.

Can Mumba make the leap straight away? Probably a similar question we would have asked of Max two years ago.

Mumba is reportedly doing very well in his limited time so far, so we should at least watch this space we may be pleasantly surprised.

11 hours ago, king canary said:

Well, yes, but it rather defeats the point of a discussion forum.

I do have a suggestion. Perhaps we can discuss the football the club plays rather than endlessly discuss ifs, buts and maybes?

Edited by Terminally Yellow

9 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I do have a suggestion. Perhaps we can discuss the football the club plays rather than endlessly discuss ifs, buts and maybes?

In your theory then, we can’t even have transfer rumour discussions. Only “when” it happens can be spoken of!

10 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Or maybe both? You don't have to discuss it if you don't want to.

40 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t see him going to Spurs, spent all their cash on Bale

Bale deal is only costing them £15m apparently. 

Can't see Spurs signing Aarons though as they have bought a right back in this window and no one is biting on Serge Aurier.

There was a report in Spain that Arsenal will try and sign Max, if Bellerin move to PSG - but I don't think that is new information. The future of all the 'crown jewels' seems to rest on other teams selling other players, or missing out on their main targets.

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can't see Spurs signing Aarons though as they have bought a right back in this window and no one is biting on Serge Aurier

I mentioned to the Mulbarton manager that Aurier is available but he said he wasn't interested 😂

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Bale deal is only costing them £15m apparently. 

Plus wages which has been the sticking point for all Bale’s transfers to date. They’re meant to be outrageous. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Plus wages which has been the sticking point for all Bale’s transfers to date. They’re meant to be outrageous. 

£600k a week according to Radio 5. That's not far away from our whole squad 

29 minutes ago, king canary said:

Or maybe both? You don't have to discuss it if you don't want to.

Because the topic of where Max Aarons could go has been discussed to death this summer. We started a new thread when Michael Bailey said three of our best players would be sold. Then another when links to Bayern surfaced. Then there's the transfer rumour thread which has literally hundreds of posts speculating where he and everyone else could end up. Then there's the Jamal Lewis threads which because Aarons and Lewis are somewhat linked has led to discussions over Max's future.

This topic is done. It's boring. Move on. Let's keep this forum interesting or else people will get bored and all that will be left is Lake District Canary posting massive diatribes against anyone who has anything negative to say, Til perving on young girls and Cambridge Canary creating thread after thread in the hope someone will finally notice him. 

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Because the topic of where Max Aarons could go has been discussed to death this summer. We started a new thread when Michael Bailey said three of our best players would be sold. Then another when links to Bayern surfaced. Then there's the transfer rumour thread which has literally hundreds of posts speculating where he and everyone else could end up. Then there's the Jamal Lewis threads which because Aarons and Lewis are somewhat linked has led to discussions over Max's future.

This topic is done. It's boring. Move on. Let's keep this forum interesting or else people will get bored and all that will be left is Lake District Canary posting massive diatribes against anyone who has anything negative to say, Til perving on young girls and Cambridge Canary creating thread after thread in the hope someone will finally notice him. 

Perhaps numerous threads wouldn’t need creating of people actually stuck to the subject of the thread! You’re there telling everyone about creating interesting threads, create one! Hogesar sits with a dictionary correcting people (while using poor grammar himself) and then you get these weird accounts that keep appearing on here talking absolute waffle about the state of the club. This is a forum and if people want to talk, they can!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You don't get to decide when a topic is 'done.' If it is done for you, great, move on. If you honestly think people are turning off this forum due to too many threads about transfer rumours then I think you're wrong. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Perhaps numerous threads wouldn’t need creating of people actually stuck to the subject of the thread! You’re there telling everyone about creating interesting threads, create one! Hogesar sits with a dictionary correcting people (while using poor grammar himself) and then you get these weird accounts that keep appearing on here talking absolute waffle about the state of the club. This is a forum and if people want to talk, they can!

Oh do grow up. This forum is ****e and the few of us trying to drive up the quality don't need those dragging the rest of us down like you to tell us to create quality threads.

Try doing something other than Max Aarons rumour thread #47965 and I might take such criticism from you.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

You don't get to decide when a topic is 'done.' If it is done for you, great, move on. If you honestly think people are turning off this forum due to too many threads about transfer rumours then I think you're wrong. 

I get to voice my opinion on what is discussed as much as anyone else. If you want to continue to discuss a topic, go back to one of the hundreds of threads already discussing this topic. 

Then we'll get to see some actual discussion on this discussion forum rather than reheating the same topics like yesterday's take away. 

so-boring-f6b82cbb48.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, king canary said:

Let's be honest. If this forum was properly moderated, this thread would have been amalgamated into the transfer rumour thread. There's nothing new here. 

I'm all in favour of discussion, but it's hardly like there's anything new on this topic, is there? Not like the Emi Buendia thread where he has done an interview. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I get to voice my opinion on what is discussed as much as anyone else. If you want to continue to discuss a topic, go back to one of the hundreds of threads already discussing this topic. 

Then we'll get to see some actual discussion on this discussion forum rather than reheating the same topics like yesterday's take away. 

so-boring-f6b82cbb48.jpg

For someone who thinks this thread is boring you are probably one of the biggest contributors. 

A good thing about a message board is you don't have to engage with all the discussion, there are lots here I find boring so ignore. I suggest that if you find this one boring, you go onto a different one. If you think there is something interesting to be discussed that isn't being covered, I suggest you start a thread on it. What is the point of coming onto a thread just to criticise the mere existence of the thread? 

Also, Aarons would likely generate the highest ever transfer fee Norwich have received for a player. If you don't think that is worth discussing then I'm not sure what would meet your obviously very high bar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

For someone who thinks this thread is boring you are probably one of the biggest contributors. 

A good thing about a message board is you don't have to engage with all the discussion, there are lots here I find boring so ignore. I suggest that if you find this one boring, you go onto a different one. If you think there is something interesting to be discussed that isn't being covered, I suggest you start a thread on it. What is the point of coming onto a thread just to criticise the mere existence of the thread? 

Also, Aarons would likely generate the highest ever transfer fee Norwich have received for a player. If you don't think that is worth discussing then I'm not sure what would meet your obviously very high bar.

My posts are the only interesting thing about this thread. 

If we want to continue to perpetuate the same topics again and again, then ignoring is the way to go. Challenging the same dull, **** as it comes up is the only way this place will ever get better.

If you want to discuss the likelihood of Max attracting a record fee for the club, then great, that would be interesting but it's not a topic raised until now.

It's why the thread has so quickly moved onto the topic of Gareth Bale. 

I like you Bethnal. You're interesting, knowledgeable, affable and a credit this forum. On this occasion, you are wrong though. 

12 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Let's be honest. If this forum was properly moderated, this thread would have been amalgamated into the transfer rumour thread. There's nothing new here. 

I'm all in favour of discussion, but it's hardly like there's anything new on this topic, is there? Not like the Emi Buendia thread where he has done an interview. 

👏

16 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh do grow up. This forum is ****e and the few of us trying to drive up the quality don't need those dragging the rest of us down like you to tell us to create quality threads.

Try doing something other than Max Aarons rumour thread #47965 and I might take such criticism from you.

Apologies, I didn't realise you were on a one man mission to save us all from our low quality selves and bless the pinkun forum with  such amazing insights that only you and the other few posters can provide.

Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to just to get your carefully curated thoughts on the issues of the day?

• Haha 2

Just now, king canary said:

Is there a newsletter I can subscribe to just to get your carefully curated thoughts on the issues of the day?

Amazing idea. I'll come back to you by the end of the week. 

I'm not kidding either.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Amazing idea. I'll come back to you by the end of the week. 

I'm not kidding either.

You hold yourself in a high enough regard that I believe you're not.