Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Buendia “come and get me”

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

No he doesn't, he did a couple straight after relegation. I dont know where this idea he only speaks publicly when things are going well comes from.

Of course he did an interview when relegation was confirmed! That’s the minimum I would expect from a leader in that position.

My sense of it comes from Farkes first season in charge. We beat Ipswich 1-0 on October 22nd then didn’t win again until Boxing Day. The mood amongst the fans was terrible, and he was nowhere to be seen. Then after beating Birmingham on Boxing Day, we won a couple and took Chelsea to penalties after two legs in the FA cup. The mood with the fans was lifted. It’s at that point he decided to do a 3 part interview through club channels talking about the project. Not when we hadn’t won for 2 months before Christmas.

If you’ve come across this sense amongst other fans, then I’m not the only one that feels it!

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Webber sign an improved contract in the wake of the Man City victory a year or so ago?

Think you’re right there. Remember him dropping into the interview he was mildly offended the media couldn’t believe Norwich beat city!

2 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Should Emi want to play Premier football? 

Should his agent try to encourage interest as part of his remit?

Is Emi our most important player? Could we easily replace him?

Goals and assists are the hardest things to find, buy, grow. 

As fans we would be desperate to keep him. In his position - or that of his agent - he should be desperate to go. 

Without Emi, Pukki will score less. Norwich will score less. 

Pukki is currently passing when he should shoot. Assist praise is damning. 

Without Pukki and Buendia Norwich are a vastly less effective side, with few dangerous weapons that have to be addressed by the opposition. 

Sell high. The sporting price of his loss is considerable. 

Could Norwich force him to stay? Not really. Is he a hidden jewel that nobody outside Carrow Road really knows how good he is? No. 

This one would hurt Norwich. Looks ominous. 

Parma

I agree with this.

Emi didn't really need to say anything either. But he has.

39 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Of course he did an interview when relegation was confirmed! That’s the minimum I would expect from a leader in that position.

My sense of it comes from Farkes first season in charge. We beat Ipswich 1-0 on October 22nd then didn’t win again until Boxing Day. The mood amongst the fans was terrible, and he was nowhere to be seen. Then after beating Birmingham on Boxing Day, we won a couple and took Chelsea to penalties after two legs in the FA cup. The mood with the fans was lifted. It’s at that point he decided to do a 3 part interview through club channels talking about the project. Not when we hadn’t won for 2 months before Christmas.

If you’ve come across this sense amongst other fans, then I’m not the only one that feels it!

Wow.

Exactly @sonyc ...

...the alternative is no interview. 

The purpose is therefore clear. 

As a cynical aside, there is some hope. Webber is no fool. The Liverpool bid for Lewis helped to enshrine good value for Lewis, who had had suitors from before January. Webber used to work at Liverpool. Liverpool signed the Greek player remarkably shortly after the Lewis bid. That deal may well have been catalysed by the public Lewis offer. A cute win-win?

In the same tone, could encouraging Ma****er PA to produce article, run swiftly by Pink’un, placate Buendia (and his Agent) that Norwich are genuine when they (Webber) says ‘we’ll accept a good offer if it comes in, we won’t stand in your way’...whilst in reality either doubting the (must be high and not entirely transparently declared to Emi or his Agent) figure will be met,  nor really wanting it too. 

Godfrey has incredible potential, is worth a fortune, yet we could live without him. 
Aarons is the only truly proven PL performer. We could manage without him.

Cantwell did very, very well and scored good goals at the top level. A move for him might suit all. We have Emi and they sometimes overlap.

Could we replace Emi? Even with money? Despite his flaws?

Parma

4 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

You put “come and get me” in quotation marks, clearly implying he had said that. Not only had he not said that, no-one in the article said that.

If you’d put “Buendia - come and get me”, I say you were fishing, but making up alarmist quotes looks like trolling to me.

Thanks. I’ll try not to get anybody excited next time with my sensationalism. 

• Thanks 1

Isn’t Emi just saying what the club have also said? I’d hate to lose him but we will one day. 

44 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Exactly @sonyc ...

...the alternative is no interview. 

The purpose is therefore clear. 

As a cynical aside, there is some hope. Webber is no fool. The Liverpool bid for Lewis helped to enshrine good value for Lewis, who had had suitors from before January. Webber used to work at Liverpool. Liverpool signed the Greek player remarkably shortly after the Lewis bid. That deal may well have been catalysed by the public Lewis offer. A cute win-win?

In the same tone, could encouraging Ma****er PA to produce article, run swiftly by Pink’un, placate Buendia (and his Agent) that Norwich are genuine when they (Webber) says ‘we’ll accept a good offer if it comes in, we won’t stand in your way’...whilst in reality either doubting the (must be high and not entirely transparently declared to Emi or his Agent) figure will be met,  nor really wanting it too. 

Godfrey has incredible potential, is worth a fortune, yet we could live without him. 
Aarons is the only truly proven PL performer. We could manage without him.

Cantwell did very, very well and scored good goals at the top level. A move for him might suit all. We have Emi and they sometimes overlap.

Parma

I guess if he did go, would we bother actually replace him? We already have a lot of options in attacking mid but we'd have money burning a hole in our pockets and possibly a lack of cutting edge. Its tough to call because you'd hope that between Pukki, Idah, Hugill, PP, Onel, Stiepermann, Dowell and Cantwell that we have enough to rip this league apart even without emi but we all know just how special a player he is and how much we have previously struggled without him there.

Perhaps the marked improvement seen in Cantwell since we were last down at this level would shine through and we could cope without Emi but it would take some convincing. Whilst Huddersfield game convinced me we were more stable, it still took a dodgy back pass to finally break them down.

Perhaps there's another high quality prem loanee looking for game time that we could attract like Reiss Nelson that could really blow the rest of this league away as much as Emi potentially could but I'm not sure we could ever really replace Emi short of us becoming a steady mid table prem side.

1 hour ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In summer 2018 we were wondering how we were possibly going to be able to replace Maddison, and we signed Buendia for peanuts. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that our scouting network could unearth another gem, is it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

In summer 2018 we were wondering how we were possibly going to be able to replace Maddison, and we signed Buendia for peanuts. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that our scouting network could unearth another gem, is it?

No. Just extremely unlikely.

I'm not sure that we would directly replace him. We already have a wealth of attacking midfielders that we will struggle to fit in and I suspect Dowell was purchased with a view as being a potential Cantwell or Emi replacement, in advance.  Even with the money, we would very unlikely be able to replace him. We may continue the philosophy and try to invest it in a few players with potential for future, who will not necessarily be for this season?

Players like Emi Buendia, James Maddison, Darren Huckaby and Darren Eadie very rarely come along and even more rare, end up at venues like Norwich City. 

Should we keep him for another season?

Absolutely we should. 

Hang on. We’re just getting what most fans on this forum want aren’t we. A big pay out and more money to guarantee that we remain able to sustain the club as “Top 26 side”

Trouble with some fans they don’t know what they want. 

Should have made some Fu(£ing effort to stay in the premiership in the first place. Then we’d have a player who was where he wants and deserves to been. 

It is nonsense to say that Buendia is irreplaceable. We don't know anything about who is out there who may already be earmarked and who is producing similar stats. If Emi is really as good as we all seem to think he is, how come there isn't a queue of suitors banging the door down? £25m for an apparently potential world class superstar is very cheap, yet no one has bid for him yet.

This interview is just reminding everyone who he is and where he is. Doesn't mean we'll get the bids. One goal (against Watford) and a suspect temperament might just mean we don't get them.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As another poster said players like Maddison and Emi don’t come alone to often. At some stage your luck runs out and you wake up one morning with a team on Rupp’s. 

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Hang on. We’re just getting what most fans on this forum want aren’t we. A big pay out and more money to guarantee that we remain able to sustain the club as “Top 26 side”

Should have made some Fu(£ing effort to stay in the premiership in the first place. Then we’d have a player who was where he wants and deserves to been. 

Another anti-club post as usual - and as usual complete b*******s. If we’d stayed up there would still be speculation that Emi would be looking to move to a better paying PL club.

7 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Players like Emi Buendia, James Maddison, Darren Huckaby and Darren Eadie very rarely come along and even more rare, end up at venues like Norwich City. 

Should we keep him for another season?

Absolutely we should. 

Um, I think you might have redefined the meaning of the word "rare" there. You've named 4 but I could add another dozen or so, starting with Martin Peters and Dean Ashton as players who win games on their own. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Um, I think you might have redefined the meaning of the word "rare" there. You've named 4 but I could add another dozen or so, starting with Martin Peters and Dean Ashton as players who win games on their own. 

I did think about both them having seen them play for us. And yes they could perhaps be included.

However, it still is a very, very short list.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Another anti-club post as usual - and as usual complete b*******s. If we’d stayed up there would still be speculation that Emi would be looking to move to a better paying PL club.

Of course there would but we’d be in a far better position to negotiate. Perhaps he be worth £50m then. Anti club my ****. I’ve pumped more money in to the club than you ever have I’m willing to wager. 

I listen to fans on here delight in hoping that the newly promoted sides fail in the premiership because they just can’t stand the fact that maybe they will prove yet again that Norwich wasted yet another opportunity to establish themselves. Schadenfreude some call it. Pathetic is what I call it. Get real I’m not anti club. I’m anti failure, anti mediocrity and anti lack of planning which if left unchecked will ultimately see us slide away from ever competing within the 40 let alone to 26. The club will be left behind. That what I’m anti. 

34 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I suspect what some fans understand is that we could lose up to 20m pounds of what in a non-pandemic season would be otherwise expected income, and  so it might be necessary to sell one of our assets.

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Wan-Bissaka is quite possibly one of the best defenders in the world and built like a crusierweight boxer, people just can't get past him. Watch as they convert him into the next Sol Campbell. 

And the whole of football probably thinks that Man Utd overpaid for Luke Shaw by now, but he was a teenager who had just been in England's world cup squad. Sometimes football gets a bit over excited about players, he'd been hyped up as the next Gareth Bale by Southampton fans for years and people bought into that hype. 

Not really a surprise that there was a bit of a 'Southampton premium', when they'd previously churned out Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Theo Walcott, Callum Chambers (all England Internationals), as well as Gareth Bale. 

They were practically the academy for the England national side for a period. 

As good as this latest crop has been for us, it should perhaps be noted that we've not had an England cap yet and that Northern Ireland doesn't exactly have a vast pool of talent. 

We know that Man Utd wasted money for years after Ferguson, they've only just started being shrewder in the transfer market. We're talking about the club that paid £28m for Fellaini.

Just become one club used to pay over the odds doesn't mean that most of the rest have a firm handle on what market prices are for players. There's a limited number of clubs who can spend silly money, and they've gone for proven talent this time instead of prospects.

If Germany's best striker with 31 caps and 12 goals for Germany, who has just come off a 28 goal season in the Bundesliga, is £48m, then how on earth can we expect more than £15m to £20m for a member of the Premier Leagues worst defence, one who was kept out of the team by a right footed player for a period? 

@TeemuVanBasten strong answer my friend- I can't really argue on the that! If there was a fist bump emoji reaction on here, I'd do that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

No not all , but you could not say 100 percent it will happen.

44 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

As another poster said players like Maddison and Emi don’t come alone to often. At some stage your luck runs out and you wake up one morning with a team on Rupp’s. 

I don't think will ever end up with a team of rupps bruv 😃.

34 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Of course there would but we’d be in a far better position to negotiate. Perhaps he be worth £50m then. Anti club my ****. I’ve pumped more money in to the club than you ever have I’m willing to wager. 

I listen to fans on here delight in hoping that the newly promoted sides fail in the premiership because they just can’t stand the fact that maybe they will prove yet again that Norwich wasted yet another opportunity to establish themselves. Schadenfreude some call it. Pathetic is what I call it. Get real I’m not anti club. I’m anti failure, anti mediocrity and anti lack of planning which if left unchecked will ultimately see us slide away from ever competing within the 40 let alone to 26. The club will be left behind. That what I’m anti. 

OTT hyperbole as per.

How many teams smaller or equal in size to us have 'established' themselves in the Premier League? And how many smaller or equal in size haven't?

We could even throw a load of bigger clubs in there and the answer would still be that we've out performed.

You say you're anti failure yet if we spend 40m and still go down the failure would be worse, yet youd be happy because the only concept of ambition = spending money we dont have.

• Like 5

I think with a statement like he has given he obviously wants out , so ok let's hold out for the highest bid and get shot , shame top player but flawed too.😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WD40 said:

Usually waits until we’ve won a few more games and are riding high doesn’t he?

Not at all.

Our new business model expects and requires that we sell top talent having developed it for 2 or 3 seasons. Just as Ajax do for example. 

By selling top quality developed talent we open up the opportunity to buy top quality raw talent to replace it. The market value for Emi may be higher in Jan than now but if Leeds have £30m burning a hole in their pockets I expect to see him leave. 

I’d imagine once Buendia goes, we will be in for Darius Olaru. It was said we were very impressed by him when scouting Dennis Man.

looks a Buendia style player.

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

...... but it’s very unlikely!!!!    He is the one player we would miss and so will Pukki!    

8 hours ago, East Rider said:

I did think about both them having seen them play for us. And yes they could perhaps be included.

However, it still is a very, very short list.

Why the Hoolahan admission? Emi hasn't come anywhere near to achieving what he did in the yellow shirt.  Let's not go OTT here he's had one great season so far, as did many others.