Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Buendia “come and get me”

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think he'd be a perfect fit at Wolves and could also fit in at Brighton under Potter. The one that he's been linked with that makes zero sense is Palace.

unless they lose Zaha to Everton for an absurd fee and then come knocking in October

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

unless they lose Zaha to Everton for an absurd fee and then come knocking in October

Even then he just doesn't strike me as Hodgson type player.

Lets see some ambition if clubs come knocking?     Are we going to offer a new deal if necessary?   Will we just quote a price and let him go? .... Sky saying we quoted £25m to Leeds, is this true?   If so, it's not enough. 

This is our best player..... why do we not (providing we get promoted), create a team around him?    Needs someone to take control of this and let him know how valued he is.    We will all be fuming at £25m in a year or two!    

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

We also have no view about what release clauses are in his deal- it may be that we don't have a choice after a certain point.

This is a very good point, KC, and certainly not something I’d considered. You could be right, it maybe outside of our hands to a point.

It does not surprise me that he/agent made this comment he has a shelf life like the rest of the athletes on this team.  Make that money, son! (For both sides). We cant replace what Emi brings to the team but we have young ambitious players in the first team under him (placheta, Dowell and Cantwell) that if given a chance may bring new hope.

I think that one of the things to note is that Webber has consistently said that we won't stand in the way of players that 'outgrow' the club. That's an important factor for players when we sign them on 4 or 5 year deals - that they sign because they know that NCFC won't hold them back if a top club comes knocking. It allows NCFC to get full transfer value because the player is willing to sign a long term deal knowing that they will get a move if the deal is fair for all parties. 

As soon as you refuse to let Emi go, you make other young players, like Idah for example, think twice about signing that 4 year deal. 

If a Leicester, a Wolves etc come calling for Emi and it's a step up for him, a huge wage increase, and a £25m plus add-ons transfer fee for NCFC, I can't see anything other than a deal being done. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Beefy is a legend said:

I think that one of the things to note is that Webber has consistently said that we won't stand in the way of players that 'outgrow' the club. That's an important factor for players when we sign them on 4 or 5 year deals - that they sign because they know that NCFC won't hold them back if a top club comes knocking. It allows NCFC to get full transfer value because the player is willing to sign a long term deal knowing that they will get a move if the deal is fair for all parties. 

As soon as you refuse to let Emi go, you make other young players, like Idah for example, think twice about signing that 4 year deal. 

If a Leicester, a Wolves etc come calling for Emi and it's a step up for him, a huge wage increase, and a £25m plus add-ons transfer fee for NCFC, I can't see anything other than a deal being done. 

When it comes to Idah I do wonder what happened to the loan to Doncaster everyone seems convinced was going to happen..

Is he a proven Premier league quakury player? 

Last season he was ineffective and petulant. 

I think he has to prove he's a championship player right now tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Is it just wishful thinking that we could sell him, get Benhrama in and bank a few £mill?

You would think Brentford would want at least what they got for Watkins, and I can't see us selling Buendia for much more than that. Plus I'm not sure Benrahma would be particularly interested in joining us.

48 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

"Ineffective"

"prove he's a championship player"

Good one

52 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Haha what

1 hour ago, repman said:

You would think Brentford would want at least what they got for Watkins, and I can't see us selling Buendia for much more than that. Plus I'm not sure Benrahma would be particularly interested in joining us.

Hmmm, doesn't seem to have been an awful lot of interest in Benrahma from the Prem. I think you're probably right though- mainly for the reason that,although he was creative in the Prem, Buendia was still making the same silly mistakes at the end of the season as he did at the start.

Best outcome for us I feel (if he's set on leaving) is that he plays out of his skin until the next transfer window, we're in the top 2, get £30m and hopefully an exciting replacement.

6 hours ago, vlad666 said:

Trolling? It’s a blatant come and get me message. Also you’re welcome to rephrase my post as you see fit. 

You put “come and get me” in quotation marks, clearly implying he had said that. Not only had he not said that, no-one in the article said that.

If you’d put “Buendia - come and get me”, I say you were fishing, but making up alarmist quotes looks like trolling to me.

The supposed club insider on twitter said that there has been no interest in Emi so he or his agent did the interview, and Webber unhappy. 

On the evidence of Saturday it’s really important we keep hold of him. But if he doesn’t want to be here...

• Haha 1

The reliable Sexy Bennett says

·2h
Not been a sniff of interest for Emi. Not an email. Therefore, agent/Emi has interview. Club knew nothing about it. Not sanctioned. Webber unhappy.

Must be some sense of panic for his agent, needs to drum up some publicity.

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If we realise the full £20m then he is the 7th most expensive left back in world footballing history apparently.

If the fee stays at £15m then he's still the 14th most expensive left back in football history.

So no, we didn't let him go too cheap, people just keep looking at prices of strikers and wingers and applying it to full backs. 

This is why I thought it was crazy when people started throwing £30m and £50m everywhere as values for our players a year ago.

If he was a left winger then at £15m he'd be the 41st most expensive left winger, not the 14th, and if he were a striker moving at £15m then he wouldn't be in the top 100, that's the difference! 

That's interesting about being 7th most expensive. And I get all the covid market stuff. But we had him under contract and we said no one would leave on the cheap. 

The 30m to 50m a year ago, I was someone who would have said that. Look at players like luke Shaw when he went, and more recently wan bisaka, so I didn't think it was too far out the realms of possibility, when you consider summer 19 Bournemouth spent 12m on Lloyd Kelly from Bristol (who I think had an extra season in championship than Lewis but without being fantastic, and is not an international) and from the initial 15 to 20m isn't too much more than the 12m Bournemouth paid for Kelly, yet Jamal Lewis is international, best LB in champ and had a solid year of premier League football. Let's not forget mings went for 25m after six good months and prior to that a few seasons of being mediocre at best. But that's my opinion, and I thought the same when we sold the two Murphy's and Pritchard. Maddsion I know we had to. 

I hope I don't say it about the rest of Jewells.

You make good points though, and may I ask your valuation of (or what you would be happy for us to sell at) for EMI, Todd, Godfrey and Aarons? 🙂

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

You have got to be kidding. If he has to still prove he’s a Championship player then the rest of the Norwich squad may as well give in. 

£30m minimum with the biggest list of add ons the club can come up with. 

Should Emi want to play Premier football? 

Should his agent try to encourage interest as part of his remit?

Is Emi our most important player? Could we easily replace him?

Goals and assists are the hardest things to find, buy, grow. 

As fans we would be desperate to keep him. In his position - or that of his agent - he should be desperate to go. 

Without Emi, Pukki will score less. Norwich will score less. 

Pukki is currently passing when he should shoot. Assist praise is damning. 

Without Pukki and Buendia Norwich are a vastly less effective side, with few dangerous weapons that have to be addressed by the opposition. 

Sell high. The sporting price of his loss is considerable. 

Could Norwich force him to stay? Not really. Is he a hidden jewel that nobody outside Carrow Road really knows how good he is? No. 

This one would hurt Norwich. Looks ominous. 

Parma

• Like 2

One thing I will say is that for all the talk of the new signings like Dowell, it’s Josh Martin who we’ve brought on via Arsenal that perhaps may just play a more pivotal role than any of us expect should Buendia go. He too looks a very naturally gifted footballer, and although far from the finished article, I wouldn’t mind betting we’ll see him try and grasp that 10 role this season if Emi were to depart. If he doesn’t go out on loan, I reckon he’ll turn in a few performances this season that will make some of us purr. Looks a real baller to me, as they say.

On another note, we must be due another brutally frank and honest Stuart Webber interview soon? It’d be so interesting to hear his thoughts right now. 

32 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

One thing I will say is that for all the talk of the new signings like Dowell, it’s Josh Martin who we’ve brought on via Arsenal that perhaps may just play a more pivotal role than any of us expect should Buendia go. He too looks a very naturally gifted footballer, and although far from the finished article, I wouldn’t mind betting we’ll see him try and grasp that 10 role this season if Emi were to depart. If he doesn’t go out on loan, I reckon he’ll turn in a few performances this season that will make some of us purr. Looks a real baller to me, as they say.

On another note, we must be due another brutally frank and honest Stuart Webber interview soon? It’d be so interesting to hear his thoughts right now. 

Usually waits until we’ve won a few more games and are riding high doesn’t he?

I dont see it as a come and get me. Just saying he wants to play in the best league in the world and will continue to fight for norwich. What a pointless topic. 

Edited by Ward 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NeymarSmith said:

That's interesting about being 7th most expensive. And I get all the covid market stuff. But we had him under contract and we said no one would leave on the cheap. 

The 30m to 50m a year ago, I was someone who would have said that. Look at players like luke Shaw when he went, and more recently wan bisaka, so I didn't think it was too far out the realms of possibility, when you consider summer 19 Bournemouth spent 12m on Lloyd Kelly from Bristol (who I think had an extra season in championship than Lewis but without being fantastic, and is not an international) and from the initial 15 to 20m isn't too much more than the 12m Bournemouth paid for Kelly, yet Jamal Lewis is international, best LB in champ and had a solid year of premier League football. Let's not forget mings went for 25m after six good months and prior to that a few seasons of being mediocre at best. But that's my opinion, and I thought the same when we sold the two Murphy's and Pritchard. Maddsion I know we had to. 

I hope I don't say it about the rest of Jewells.

You make good points though, and may I ask your valuation of (or what you would be happy for us to sell at) for EMI, Todd, Godfrey and Aarons? 🙂

But Wan-Bissaka is quite possibly one of the best defenders in the world and built like a crusierweight boxer, people just can't get past him. Watch as they convert him into the next Sol Campbell. 

And the whole of football probably thinks that Man Utd overpaid for Luke Shaw by now, but he was a teenager who had just been in England's world cup squad. Sometimes football gets a bit over excited about players, he'd been hyped up as the next Gareth Bale by Southampton fans for years and people bought into that hype. 

Not really a surprise that there was a bit of a 'Southampton premium', when they'd previously churned out Oxlade-Chamberlain, Adam Lallana, Theo Walcott, Callum Chambers (all England Internationals), as well as Gareth Bale. 

They were practically the academy for the England national side for a period. 

As good as this latest crop has been for us, it should perhaps be noted that we've not had an England cap yet and that Northern Ireland doesn't exactly have a vast pool of talent. 

We know that Man Utd wasted money for years after Ferguson, they've only just started being shrewder in the transfer market. We're talking about the club that paid £28m for Fellaini.

Just become one club used to pay over the odds doesn't mean that most of the rest have a firm handle on what market prices are for players. There's a limited number of clubs who can spend silly money, and they've gone for proven talent this time instead of prospects.

If Germany's best striker with 31 caps and 12 goals for Germany, who has just come off a 28 goal season in the Bundesliga, is £48m, then how on earth can we expect more than £15m to £20m for a member of the Premier Leagues worst defence, one who was kept out of the team by a right footed player for a period? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

16 minutes ago, WD40 said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Webber sign an improved contract in the wake of the Man City victory a year or so ago?

45 minutes ago, WD40 said:

No he doesn't, he did a couple straight after relegation. I dont know where this idea he only speaks publicly when things are going well comes from.

• Like 3

From an Old Git - Ever since Alan Clarke sold for £165,000 back in the day, footballers (and agents) have a FOMO complex. Nothing worse than sitting in the stands or benchwarming whilst your team is cracking on, knitting together and the grand prize (Prem Footie) slipped through his hands. No-one came for him.....must be feeling a little p***ed off. I think, but don't know, that he has a attitude problem. He thinks only he can carry the team forward with a moment of skill. Well we've all seen that.  I'd take the (considerable) wages, knuckle down and shut-up. Thankful I'm earning a decent living doing what I love. And the fans love you too. An opportunity will be available end of this season mate ........just get with the programme.

• Like 1