Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Buendia “come and get me”

... hate to bring it up but I still this Lewis went too cheap! But we have gone over this!

We always get turned over, and if he wants to go the club (probably rightly so) will be more obliged to sell.

But yeah, even 30m seems low! What is the Welsh lad who plays for Bournemouth , brooks, valued at, 40 plus?

So true about Grealish as well! Please God can we not get stitched up selling for 20m to someone like West ham or Leeds. They will only sell him for 80 a year or two after. We all knew that would be the case with Madison but we were broke then (supposedly) so we had to

42 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I am sure the Aberdeen Evening Express have the inside track on this

It’s an AP article - I don’t think he actually spoke to the Aberdeen Evening Press as an exclusive 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I might have missed it, but Emi didn’t say “come and get me” and the phrase isn’t even used in the article.

So, I would rephrase your post as:

”As soon as posters starting trolling like this get rid”.

Trolling? It’s a blatant come and get me message. Also you’re welcome to rephrase my post as you see fit. 

2 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Best way he can get back to the prem is to take us up! Hopefully we don't let him go for a ****ty fee

Well, that is the best way for Norwich fans.

For him the best way is for a club to buy him, more than double his wages, give him a signing on fee and the move to happen now rather than potentially happen in 9 months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s an AP article - I don’t think he actually spoke to the Aberdeen Evening Press as an exclusive 😂

Nick Mash iter according to Rob Butler.

Edited by nutty nigel
Daft censoring

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Well, that is the best way for Norwich fans.

For him the best way is for a club to buy him, more than double his wages, give him a signing on fee and the move to happen now rather than potentially happen in 9 months.

depends if he just wants a lower prem side or if he's OK to wait for a bigger move. I suspect he'll be happy to go to anywhere in the prem though sadly

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

depends if he just wants a lower prem side or if he's OK to wait for a bigger move. I suspect he'll be happy to go to anywhere in the prem though sadly

If he gets promoted with Norwich he'll be at a 'lower prem side' and it would be even more unlikely for him to get a transfer, as Norwich would be in an even stronger position!

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well you would, because prices hit a record high last month and stamp duty relief is saving people thousands.

Prices are expected to fall about 14% next year after the end of the stamp duty relief. 

So this feels like very much the perfect time to sell your house.

Fair enough, didn’t realise that as assumed house prices had fallen during the pandemic, or that’s what I was told anyway.

The more important point of that analogy is, as you full well know, clubs don’t want to spend what they normally would right now. So in the footballing market at least, it would be false economy to sell at this moment in time unless someone comes in with the mega bucks that Emi warrants.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Fair enough, didn’t realise that as assumed house prices had fallen during the pandemic, or that’s what I was told anyway.

The more important point of that analogy is, as you full well know, clubs don’t want to spend what they normally would right now. So in the footballing market at least, it would be false economy to sell at this moment in time unless someone comes in with the mega bucks that Emi warrants.

Unless not selling Emi results in an unhappy player, who isn't performing and his value is decreasing everyday while he has an average Championship season.

Should Norwich not sell and then not get promoted this season, it would probably wipe a huge chunk off the value of nearly all the players as Norwich become more desperate to fill the holes in the finances. 

28 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

... hate to bring it up but I still this Lewis went too cheap! But we have gone over this!

If we realise the full £20m then he is the 7th most expensive left back in world footballing history apparently.

If the fee stays at £15m then he's still the 14th most expensive left back in football history.

So no, we didn't let him go too cheap, people just keep looking at prices of strikers and wingers and applying it to full backs. 

This is why I thought it was crazy when people started throwing £30m and £50m everywhere as values for our players a year ago.

If he was a left winger then at £15m he'd be the 41st most expensive left winger, not the 14th, and if he were a striker moving at £15m then he wouldn't be in the top 100, that's the difference! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

London rents are falling fast, that may be what you read, but that has a lot to do with people converting their Air Bnb's back into normal lettings and flooding the market with new supply, as nobody is renting a pad to go out to a West End show or a major nightclub. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It's a big come and get me plea and he is certainly angling for a move - what is important is whether he will fully commit to Norwich while he is there or if he'll only be playing at 80%.

He might play out of his skin until the transfer window closes at least!

He is not angling for a move. His agent on the other hand.......

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

London rents are falling fast, that may be what you read, but that has a lot to do with people converting their Air Bnb's back into normal lettings and flooding the market with new supply, as nobody is renting a pad to go out to a West End show or a major nightclub. 

Yeah, not looked into it too deeply, but makes total sense TvB - wish my rent back in London was as cheap back then as it is now! 

Meh, it is what it is.  For ‘best player’ you can also read ‘often petulant’ and has had issues (indeed, he’s currently banned). 
I’d prefer to keep but we’ve expected all along that 2 (or 3) of our ‘better’ players would go - if at the end of the Window it is Emi along with Lewis I don’t think that’s too bad going. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Unless not selling Emi results in an unhappy player, who isn't performing and his value is decreasing everyday while he has an average Championship season.

Should Norwich not sell and then not get promoted this season, it would probably wipe a huge chunk off the value of nearly all the players as Norwich become more desperate to fill the holes in the finances. 

Which was exactly why I said we would be best holding on until January, we will have a much clearer indication at that point of which way our season is going. I would be very surprised if his market value dropped as significantly as you suggest by then, and neither will it be to his advantage to ‘down tools’ if he’s still angling for a move. I don’t believe we will be unreasonable with him for one, and I don’t believe he will be disrespectful to his team mates either - it’s clear he has some affection for here.

Sounds like Emi wants to do it the right way but wouldn’t think twice when a good offer comes. Who wouldn’t want to treble their money and play on a bigger stage. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

In a top team, he will become one of the best players on the planet.   

He is comfortably our best player and is a real talent, but I believe this to be a quite large exaggeration.

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Really Jim? You privy to his personal ambitions.Reading between the lines it looks like he wants the move, but also the club wants to move him on as well. The problem is there has been a distinct lack of interest.

The good thing is we hold all the aces. Emi will know full well that we won’t entertain selling him for £20mil so it’s not like he’d be surprised if we wave the likes of Leeds away if this is what they offer. He may in his mind also know that there’s a reasonable possibility that the fee we desire may not materialise, hence him making sure his bridges aren’t burned here. One thing I do trust is that Stuart Webber will maximise any eventuality to our advantage, and not to our disadvantage. I hope we can keep him though!

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

The good thing is we hold all the aces. Emi will know full well that we won’t entertain selling him for £20mil so it’s not like he’d be surprised if we wave the likes of Leeds away if this is what they offer. He may in his mind also know that there’s a reasonable possibility that the fee we desire may not materialise, hence him making sure his bridges aren’t burned here. One thing I do trust is that Stuart Webber will maximise any eventuality to our advantage, and not to our disadvantage. I hope we can keep him though!

I'm not so sure. I wouldn't personally sell him for that, but I bet - if he does go - the fee will be closer to 20m than it is 40m that has been suggested. I bet it would be ~25m that we would accept.

11 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

He is comfortably our best player and is a real talent, but I believe this to be a quite large exaggeration.

I don't think it is.  He has everything to go as far as he likes.   Will require a change in mentality perhaps but in the right hands.... a Guardiola or Klopp for example they could get the best from him.    He has the skill, the intensity, the desire and he sees the pass.... there really aren't many of them around!   

41 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

You think his agent did the interview for him? Or forced him to say what he said?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

You think his agent did the interview for him? Or forced him to say what he said?

I do think his agent will have arranged the interview for him and more or less told him what to say yes. I'm sure his agent is acting encouraging him to move.

I was told some time ago by a source i think is reliable that he is quite happy at Norwich and not likely to force a move but that his agent was pushing for a move and (more concerningly) that we were not necessarily adverse to selling if the price is right. 

Personally i think selling Buendia at this stage would be a mistake and what i've seen in pre-season and of our new recruits just re-enforces that belief. Of course we will still have a strong side at this level without him but Dowell and Cantwell are two peas in a pod, Onel and Placheta are the pace options and Buendia brings us the balance that our side needs plus importantly will have a field day at this level threading through balls in to Pukki. I genuinely believe he will not kick off if he has to stay and I think we should not entertain offers unless they are silly money. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I do think his agent will have arranged the interview for him and more or less told him what to say yes. I'm sure his agent is acting encouraging him to move.

I was told some time ago by a source i think is reliable that he is quite happy at Norwich and not likely to force a move but that his agent was pushing for a move and (more concerningly) that we were not necessarily adverse to selling if the price is right. 

Personally i think selling Buendia at this stage would be a mistake and what i've seen in pre-season and of our new recruits just re-enforces that belief. Of course we will still have a strong side at this level without him but Dowell and Cantwell are two peas in a pod, Onel and Placheta are the pace options and Buendia brings us the balance that our side needs plus importantly will have a field day at this level threading through balls in to Pukki. I genuinely believe he will not kick off if he has to stay and I think we should not entertain offers unless they are silly money. 

If a player doesn't want to do an interview he won't do it, regardless of what the agent says. 

Buendia knows exactly what the reaction will be to such an interview and would not have agreed to it unless he wanted to say the things he said. While he can be both happy at Norwich and want a move, the fact he has gone so public - whether on the agents' advice or not - shows that he isn't going to stay at Norwich with smiles and not try and get his move.

• Like 1

Can Farke be trusted to show complete faith in Buendia and start him against Preston?

Would not want to see him on the bench because Farke thinks “his head is not in the right place”.

Give him plenty of TLC.

Nothing south of £30m to any vultures circling.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If a player doesn't want to do an interview he won't do it, regardless of what the agent says. 

Buendia knows exactly what the reaction will be to such an interview and would not have agreed to it unless he wanted to say the things he said. While he can be both happy at Norwich and want a move, the fact he has gone so public - whether on the agents' advice or not - shows that he isn't going to stay at Norwich with smiles and not try and get his move.

I disagree. I know you are often the "voice of reason" on here Bethnal and that we more emotional types sometimes lose our perspective or are blinded by our bias but I am confident that if he stays he will not be a problem and so yes I think he will "stay at Norwich with smiles."

I would also add (although this is a general point not aimed at you) that IF we genuinely do believe that we can get quickly back to the premier league and indeed that is the strategy then it is massively short sighted for the club to just sell any players for whom the valuation is met because we are just going to have to spend that money again on replacements if we get up. Perhaps not so much with Jamal for whom we can probably find and develop a cut price replacement but certainly with a player like Emi with the role he plays in our side. This being the case we should not even entertain bids unless they are obscene money and by that i mean more than Brentford got for Watkins.

• Like 2

What I don't understand is, why do a come and get me like this? There are definitely ways for his agent to do the same thing, but not as publicly? It probably was a come and get me, but what does it achieve that an agent sending an e-mail / phone call to certain clubs doesn't? 

Of course some people are just talking about Buendia, I’m confident that he’s had talks with Webber who’s no doubt said to him that the club will cash in on him if the price is right, so if you asked the club they’d say we would welcome any offer above asking price then we’ll talk with Buendia, so both sides are equally happy at the moment. 

Not like the Drmic with his I’m too good to be playing Championship interview.