Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Buendia “come and get me”

Nothing controversial about this is there?

He wants to play in the Premier League, fair enough but while he's here he'll give it his all. As long as it isn't stage one in a plan that sees him getting more aggressive about his desire to move upwards.

• Like 1

He should realise that if he's patient and works hard we'll be back there in 9 months, and we'll be a hell of a lot better off for it this time around.

We should refuse any offers less than 30 mill. Hes arguably the most important player we have.

Edited by crab man
  • Like 2

It's a big come and get me plea and he is certainly angling for a move - what is important is whether he will fully commit to Norwich while he is there or if he'll only be playing at 80%.

He might play out of his skin until the transfer window closes at least!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

I am sure the Aberdeen Evening Express have the inside track on this

It's a Press Association story publishing direct quotes, so reasonably reliable. Not sure why we have the Aberdeen version, but there's a similar one in the Pink Un.

• Like 1

Ambitious, proven Premiership-quality player in "wants to get back to the Premiership after relegation" shocker.

I'd be more worried if he wasn't. Besides, as @crab man rightly said, if he's patient and keeps at it, we're back up in nine months. Unless a cracking offer comes in I'd look more at the fact he signed such a nice, long contract. That's secured us a nice payday come what may.

The thing I find odd about Buendia is this combination of being petulant and also being quite a battler when he's mentally on top of things. He will actively look for chances to turn the ball over so he can get on the attack himself, but his cage can be easily rattled.

I see its just come up on sky sports transfer centre now which will be alerting clubs. Can't see him staying now unfortunately. 

Was hoping with the arrival of his second child we may get another year or two from Emi. ☹

Wishful thinking but I honestly hope we keep him until at least Jan. Hope he doesn't just pick the first prem move that comes up as he could get a move to the top half of the table easily. Honestly think he is key to us going straight up again.

• Like 1

Whilst he is at Norwich, Buendia should start every game. Regardless.

First name on the team sheet for me.

• Like 2

I don’t want our players coming out saying that they want to stay in the premier league, after being relegated with us. Of course they do. We know this. There’s no need to give interviews. If a bid comes in fair enough. He’s angling for a move. 
I think it’s disrespectful to the club to announce this publicly or maybe it’s my yellow tinted glasses talking. 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It's a big come and get me plea and he is certainly angling for a move - what is important is whether he will fully commit to Norwich while he is there or if he'll only be playing at 80%.

He might play out of his skin until the transfer window closes at least!

As long as he doesn't pull a Dean Ashton.

• Like 1

Club needs to stick to its guns on the valuation and make it clear to Emi that if he wants to play in the EPL he can damn well work to get us back up there. He was good last season but didn't contribute enough goals, by playing his socks off for us everyone wins and if someone comes in with a proper bid and we choose to sell, well, everybody wins.

• Like 4

Clear as day, he’s angling for a move this window. Saying a lot by spouting the obvious - he’s basically saying he wants out, and would ratheR move on in this window than wait a year and see if Norwich get promoted. 

• Like 2

Our best player, our most valuable player, the one we can't replace and the likely catalyst to get Pukki back to his best.    Anything less than £40m is a steal for his creativity.   Trust the club value him this highly too.     If Grealish is spoken about in the £70m area, that doesn't seem unreasonable.

In a top team, he will become one of the best players on the planet.   

Well no doubt we’ll have a value, if it’s deemed too high for any interested club then he’ll remain and play through to a January.

I’m sure if Cantwell or anyone els was interviewed he’d have said pretty much the same.

Reads like if we get off to a very good start he'd potentially give us this season to try and get back up.

Although that attitude might change if we reject a reasonable offer.

Nothing surprising about that article, he's just had a 50% pay cut and is playing in a league he is too good for.

We have to show him we can make an instant return over the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

When you want everybody pulling in the same direction doing interviews like this aren’t helpful. 

You are right, and I doubt this was a sanctioned interview. 

But I don't find this stance objectionable, its just common sense:

“I’m still here, I will fight for the team but if a very good offer for me arrives they are open. We’ll decide what’s best for everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Our best player, our most valuable player, the one we can't replace and the likely catalyst to get Pukki back to his best.    Anything less than £40m is a steal for his creativity.   Trust the club value him this highly too.     If Grealish is spoken about in the £70m area, that doesn't seem unreasonable.

In a top team, he will become one of the best players on the planet.   

You’re absolutely right about the valuation. PL clubs think nothing of paying £40mil upwards on flair players that have performed well in European leagues but with no experience of the PL - Emi has proven what he can do, and he’s only going to get better. I bet Aston Villa, Leicester etc would slap a £70mil price tag on him if he was theirs. Any talk of £20mil is absolutely laughable.

And before anyone says about the current prices due to Covid-19...

You wouldn’t sell your house at this time if you didn’t need to, it makes no sense. Holding on to him could essentially see us keep a massive talent that could help us back to the PL in 9 or so months time whilst gaining value by 10 or 20mil. It’s a no brainer for me.

Sad thing is, the clubs linked could all be coming back down again before his removal van has even been unpacked. Call me biased but I think he (and us) would be better off staying here until January at least. 

• Like 4

Nothing in there we didn’t already know if we’re really honest, I guess the test comes if we only get offers under our valuation and he doesn’t get a move, how committed will he be then? Don’t want him to leave but do we really want unhappy players here 😕

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Just now, Alex Moss said:

You wouldn’t sell your house at this time if you didn’t need to

Well you would, because prices hit a record high last month and stamp duty relief is saving people thousands.

Prices are expected to fall about 14% next year after the end of the stamp duty relief. 

So this feels like very much the perfect time to sell your house.

17 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Club needs to stick to its guns on the valuation and make it clear to Emi that if he wants to play in the EPL he can damn well work to get us back up there. He was good last season but didn't contribute enough goals, by playing his socks off for us everyone wins and if someone comes in with a proper bid and we choose to sell, well, everybody wins.

Do you realise this could be a direct quote from one of LDC’s monologues about Cantwell? 😂

54 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

As soon as players come out with these interviews get rid. 

I might have missed it, but Emi didn’t say “come and get me” and the phrase isn’t even used in the article.

So, I would rephrase your post as:

”As soon as posters starting trolling like this get rid”.