sonyc

Crowds to return?

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/15/efl-enters-critical-48-hours-in-push-to-get-crowds-and-avoid-financial-disaster-fans?

The pressure mounts... The economic outlook necessitates some kind of plan.

Sharing a story posted this evening.

From a selfish point of view and the possibly incorrect assumption that we are not in danger, wouldn't this put us in a stronger position?

PS, I'd happily go to games, if allowed.

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

From a selfish point of view and the possibly incorrect assumption that we are not in danger, wouldn't this put us in a stronger position?

PS, I'd happily go to games, if allowed.

Yes it seems we have a degree of 'resistence' built in to our position (cash rich with little borrowing burden) but this will only be temporary won't it? I can't recall which poster it was, but he did state that our reliance on match day income might be slightly less than other clubs. So your point may have validity.

The issue with crowds and income will begin to hit home for many clubs. I'm quite sure Webber would want us back soon enough (for the income side because obviously it would help performances).

Edited by sonyc

Considering that Robert Preston was talking about another possible lockdown in 2 weeks if the groups of 6 rule isn’t successful, I can’t see this happening this side of Spring. 

oh how I miss my trips to Carrow Road 😩

1 hour ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Needs to happen now, the government need to stop ****ing about and stop clubs going out of business, if we can go to the ****ing pub, with no masks, with 100s of other people in small indoor spaces then we can get outdoor football stadia going with at least 1/3 capacity. 

Those who state the don't want to go, then don't! 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely.

The worst that could happen is that **** sapiens becomes a little more extinct, perhaps other species will become a little less extinct. Extinction Rebellion would be a little happier or perhaps extinct. In the early fifties when Polio was rife there were record crowds at football. 

The problem Wynless is that the powers that be are clueless so maybe they will shut the pubs instead?

Some FANS ALLOWED BACK next week... Preston game ....    ANNOUNCED JUST now....... !!!

Edited by paul moy

How will they decide who to invite/get the tickets then? It will be a little unfair if its done on the 750 away priority members as not all of them do home games. 

No real fair way of doing it though. Assume it will be by invite given the short notice.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

How will they decide who to invite/get the tickets then? It will be a little unfair if its done on the 750 away priority members as not all of them do home games. 

No real fair way of doing it though. Assume it will be by invite given the short notice.

This concept of certain fans being somehow better or more entitled because of their previous attendance gets right on my nerves. No one is more or less entitled than anyone else. Period. It doesn't matter if you've attended every match in 50 years or just once. 

If you are a fan and want to come, you are as entitled as anyone else. The sooner this whole world stops looking for reasons to make certain people better than others in all walks of life, the better this place will be.

It's not about who gets to go, is it? It's about trying to ensure the systems are in place to keep people safe once inside. 

Edited by TheGoogler

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

This concept of certain fans being somehow better or more entitled because of their previous attendance gets right on my nerves. No one is more or less entitled than anyone else. Period. It doesn't matter if you've attended every match in 50 years or just once. 

If you are a fan and want to come, you are as entitled as anyone else. The sooner this whole world stops looking for reasons to make certain people better than others in all walks of life, the better this place will be.

It's not about who gets to go, is it? It's about trying to ensure the systems are in place to keep people safe once inside. 

Yes but they will need to decide somehow who attends. Random draw of ST holders?

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes but they will need to decide somehow who attends. Random draw of ST holders?

Who cares? The club will say when a decision is made.

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

Who cares? The club will say when a decision is made.

Well if the "concept of certain fans being somehow better or more entitled because of their previous attendance gets right on my nerves" then presumably you care if it ends up being those fans who get to attend?

24 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

If you are a fan and want to come, you are as entitled as anyone else.

That clearly isn't true in any practical sense.

The club are running a ballot process for season ticket holders.  Details on the official site.

SB

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

They've said all along that all season ticket holders are equal.

The 750 Club is no more 🙂

4 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There'll be a ballot Jim.

Open from 3pm today to 5pm tomorrow.

Perhaps there will be some added criteria ....who can sing the loudest.

I’m keen to get back to normal and visit Carrow Rd,  but wondered if I could create my own “bubble”.

Here’s one solution now that climbing stairs is a problem solved and with your own air supply as well.To be painted in traditional yellow and green of course.

Taking out the opposition at the appropriate time is a bonus.

Age old problem though of a restricted view.🤦

image.jpeg.38ed353b02a1cd5e8c5ee64db63d6cc3.jpeg

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

They've said all along that all season ticket holders are equal.

The 750 Club is no more 🙂

Indeed that is the Clubs position and that of most other clubs. Given that the contractual right to attend a home game is determined by a season ticket perhaps that it is how it needs to be.

Nevertheless there are still some absurdities. For example a person from the season ticket holder waiting list who has just acquired a ticket immediately gets the same rights as someone who has been a regular for decades. A person still on the waiting list gets no rights. Also it appears that seaskn ticket holders can claim a ticket then transfer it to somebody else including people who have no purchase history with the Club.

Then again it is difficult so we have to accept it as it is. Good to know that there will be some fans back. Let's hope it won't be too long before we get a full ground.

If it’s 1,000 in the South Stand surely they could add 500 in the RiverEnd, 500 in the Barclay and 100 in the Main stand. That’s 2,100 out of 20,000, with a fair few not willing to go full stop that makes the oddS of attending a lot better

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

If it’s 1,000 in the South Stand surely they could add 500 in the RiverEnd, 500 in the Barclay and 100 in the Main stand. That’s 2,100 out of 20,000, with a fair few not willing to go full stop that makes the oddS of attending a lot better

If they're only allowed a crowd of 1000 that's what they have to do. I'm sure they'd want to get more people in if they could.

Can’t bring myself to put my name in the hat, 1000 in the South Stand, not for me, but hope those that go have a great time.

Quite frankly I don't know why they're talking about having a crowd back at football grounds. The only way we will achieve immortality is if humans stop meeting with each other all together.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe
  • Like 1

After much deliberation I’ve decided to give this one a miss, just a bit too early, hope those who are lucky enjoy and come home safe.

I just hope for 3 points

I will not be there, but wish people enjoy it and do come home safe.

But really at the moment sport, as a whole, is still so weird.

While we are playing behind closed doors etc I just want wins and points on the board.

The whole spectacle of sport now comes down to results and the other things I associate with sport is not part of it

Edited by smooth

9 hours ago, Lazza said:

I can’t see it giving much of an atmosphere. I’m sure it’ll be better than an empty stadium for the players and for the tv coverage but in the crowd it’s likely to feel very empty. Take a look at what it will look like...

Coronavirus: Entire 2020-21 English football season could be played in reduced capacity stadiums

It’s a test exercise.    It’ll be a better atmosphere in any event than no fans at all.