Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell, Godfrey and Buendia confirmed to leave..😢

If you bealive the Daily mail that is, and poor you if you do. What utter nonsense is this? I would link you to the article but I don't want to give them any click revenue.

As the saying in a great song once said "it must be true 'cause I read it in the Daily Mail.."

daily fail.jpg

There'll be loads of articles like this until the window closes in October.  'Norwich will sell if the price is right' isn't going to garner many clicks unfortunately.

Thanks for the click bait and subsequent heart attack, Cambridgeshire.

Don't think even the Mail is anywhere confirming all 3 will leave, just a speculative and not very imaginative story.

The never listen to the national tabloids - they always make stories up to try and interest readers 

Webber stated we have no need to sell, if that rumour really is true it will appear on this website shortly, and from what Webber stated the starting price would be if they do all go then that’s at least £60m in the kitty

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Thanks for the click bait and subsequent heart attack, Cambridgeshire.

Don't think even the Mail is anywhere confirming all 3 will leave, just a speculative and not very imaginative story.

Which is the point I was making.

To be fair Cambridge, you've actually manage to over-sensationalise a Daily Mail news story, which is really going some!

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

What a load of rubbish. Webber has already stated that we are more than solvent. 

Do journalists do any research these days? It would have taken minutes to discover we are not desperate for cash. 

Michael Bailey posted an article in The Athletic today which says that confidence is growing Norwich may be able to keep them all. He did stress that he would personally be surprised if all of them stayed, but they club are confident that not many (if any) will go.

https://theathletic.com/2062008/2020/09/14/norwich-crown-jewels-godfrey-buendia-aarons-cantwell-transfer-sale/

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you bealive the Daily mail that is, and poor you if you do. What utter nonsense is this? I would link you to the article but I don't want to give them any click revenue.

As the saying in a great song once said "it must be true 'cause I read it in the Daily Mail.."

daily fail.jpg

Even if it was true it doesn’t say what you are claiming. If you had the brains or the patience to read beyond the headline you would see the story claims we will sell ‘another’ of our assets. So just one. Not two, let alone all three. And that is even if you believe the Mail. As it happens I expect one other to be sold, but that is hardly surprising.

2 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I daren't ask for the text from the article to be posted here. 

Highlights:

'Those close to Cantwell remain level-headed over whether he spends the rest of the year at Norwich or moves on should simmering interest turn into something more concrete. Closer to the club, there is the feeling Cantwell will be the one now most likely to follow Lewis’ departure'

'Norwich insiders are growing increasingly confident Buendia will not only stay but is happy to do so.'

'Despite media transfer speculation linking him with interest from Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, Aarons is another that Norwich are becoming increasingly confident they could keep'

'Godfrey is still learning his position some 18 months in, and his close-quarters defending may be one of the reasons why an expected bid has not materialised this summer. It may mean another season developing that craft in the Championship could be worth his while.'

For the rest of the article, subscribe to The Athletic now for only £2.49 a month 😉

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Highlights:

'Those close to Cantwell remain level-headed over whether he spends the rest of the year at Norwich or moves on should simmering interest turn into something more concrete. Closer to the club, there is the feeling Cantwell will be the one now most likely to follow Lewis’ departure'

'Norwich insiders are growing increasingly confident Buendia will not only stay but is happy to do so.'

'Despite media transfer speculation linking him with interest from Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain, Aarons is another that Norwich are becoming increasingly confident they could keep'

'Godfrey is still learning his position some 18 months in, and his close-quarters defending may be one of the reasons why an expected bid has not materialised this summer. It may mean another season developing that craft in the Championship could be worth his while.'

For the rest of the article, subscribe to The Athletic now for only £2.49 a month 😉

Gotta say, I just started a subscription to The Athletic, and I like what I'm reading.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Highlights:

To be fair much as I love Cantwell if we had to lose either emi or todd I would prefer to lose todd.

Really surprises me Aarons hasn't had more concrete interest (yet), out of all the boyband + Emi I would have thought he was the most attractive prospect overall.  Is there an abundance of Premier League right backs out there already or something?!

Fingers crossed that doesn't change of course 🤞

Yep, I’ve signed up to The Athletic just on the basis that MB’s there, who I’ve always rated enormously, and consequently it’s a very good read indeed. He makes a very good point about the reactions of the players at the final whistle that may or may not be off. I’m no psychologist but there were no no ‘Jamal Lewis desperate to move’ non reactions there. Ben Godfrey looked absolutely delighted for one with the 3 points, and the togetherness etc did give the impression that they’re very much happy to aim for a thrilling upbeat season ending in another medal and promotion. For these reasons, I remain quietly optimistic.

I don't get the finances they are on about. No-one has income through the turnstile at the moment. We are all in the situation but we have parachute payments and cleared last season's debt already.

How much is the income from a home game, including season ticket?

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't get the finances they are on about. No-one has income through the turnstile at the moment. We are all in the situation but we have parachute payments and cleared last season's debt already.

How much is the income from a home game, including season ticket?

Yes, we are all in the same boat, apart from having parachute payments when others do not. But in our last season in the Championship, of our income of 33 million, tickets brought in 9.7m, catering, 4.3million and commercial 8.4m, totaling 22.4m. If you divide that by 23 home games that a bit under a million per game (if you assume all the catering and all the commercial income is driven by attendance at matches which it almost certainly is not).

i do not have the figures to hand but I think it true that our overall match day income is higher than for most other clubs in the championship. And even though we have apparently cut wages in half with relegation, we have a squad full of players who will still be on a good wage.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Are they hiring? Tough economy, you know

I don't  think  even the daily fail would keep up with your  ' I thought this , so I'd  better  start a thread about it', level of output. .... there' d be no other articles in the paper ffs. If you can do horoscopes and political stuff , they could let the rest of the staff go.

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I don't  think  even the daily fail would keep up with your  ' I thought this , so I'd  better  start a thread about it', level of output. .... there' d be no other articles in the paper ffs. If you can do horoscopes and political stuff , they could let the rest of the staff go.

Uh oh, didnt take long

police.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Uh oh, didnt take long

police.png

Miles off , kiddo , I'm  a firm believer in " post what you want, but be prepared to have to defend it".... that's not policing...its true anarchy. The right kind. So leave off with the forum  police shoite.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Michael Bailey posted an article in The Athletic today which says that confidence is growing Norwich may be able to keep them all. He did stress that he would personally be surprised if all of them stayed, but they club are confident that not many (if any) will go.

https://theathletic.com/2062008/2020/09/14/norwich-crown-jewels-godfrey-buendia-aarons-cantwell-transfer-sale/

Hmmmmmm......Michael Bailey or The Daily Mail?🤔

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 1

Daily Mail don't even list Aarons as an asset.... 

BTW - I see that Leeds (4), Fulham (3) and WBA (3) are already heading towards leaking more goals than our own much maligned defense last season.... 

Poor old loonie lefties, love the Guardian, hate the mail. The article refers to the loss of income due to covid-19 in terms of TV revenues rebates, refunded ticket and ST income and matchday food and beverage sales. It suggests that to cover this the club might have to sell another of the ‘crown jewels’ and does not state that all will be sold. 

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

BTW - I see that Leeds (4), Fulham (3) and WBA (3) are already heading towards leaking more goals than our own much maligned defense last season.... 

Against Liverpool, Arsenal and Leicester to be fair!

6 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Poor old loonie lefties, love the Guardian, hate the mail. The article refers to the loss of income due to covid-19 in terms of TV revenues rebates, refunded ticket and ST income and matchday food and beverage sales. It suggests that to cover this the club might have to sell another of the ‘crown jewels’ and does not state that all will be sold. 

Speaking as a loonie lefty, the Guardian is more centrist than left-wing these days. Of course from a Daily Mail point of view, pretty much anything is far-left, relatively speaking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fr. Chewy Louie said:

Against Liverpool, Arsenal and Leicester to be fair!

True, but if I recall we drew 2-2 with Arsenal and beat Leicester 1-0 in our equivalent home fixtures last year.

• Like 1