Sign in to follow this  
Doomcaster

Sell Cantwell or Buendia?

NCFC will sell/off load free/loan a few more players - as we are way too heavy within the squad

If Buendia can get his head together with Farke - he is the best player we have in creating chances in the Championship - stats with him in the team and we win matches are outstanding (Championship)

I would sell Cantwell for any cash over £5m - just cash in whilst he has some value

Just my opinion ...

• Confused 1

I'm sure we'll see more players go over the next few weeks, certainly Leitner/Trybull/Drmic will either leave or be loaned out.

I'm ignoring your trolling at the end of the post. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

I'm sure we'll see more players go over the next few weeks, certainly Leitner/Trybull/Drmic will either leave or be loaned out.

I'm ignoring your trolling at the end of the post. 

Old a supporter since 1976 to 'Troll' - no idea what it even means

3 players we know are on their way out - very sad they cannot find a new Club as yet 

Loan outs for sure

U23's looked fully stacked

Just asked the question ...

If Buendia could get his head together with Farke - he is the best attacking midfield player in the Championship

One more good productive season from Buendia,  & we will be back in the Prem, & he could (if he wants) get a huge move to a big Club within the top 6

Cantwell - I believe has done his best, so just sell him for a decent price whilst it's possibly there (not sure it is tbh)

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Cantwell is worth at least £20m - I really don't understand why everyone can't see that.

See what he sells for - I bet I am a lot closer to his value that you?

I don't think we will sell him at all - no where near £10 or £20m

Just now, Doomcaster said:

hahahaha

If you think Webber will sell Cantwell this summer or in January for less than £10m you must have been huffing on something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

As you are insisting on continuing your trolling...

Cantwell is young, English (so counts towards homegrown counts) and has a full season of PL experience which included him being our second top scorer.  Clubs are willing to pay vast sums for players with that sort of background; £20m is without a doubt the starting bid.

4 minutes ago, grababackpackcanary said:

I'd still keep them both to be honest , apart from the 3 already mentioned I'd also look at shifting Vrancic and Stierperman now . Get those 5 off the wage bill and i'd be happy.

The 3 already known + Vrantic & Stieperman

Plus shout

Cantwell may be a little bit better - but not on his past few performances

V Huddesfield  - done next to nothing & should have been red carded for a pathetic elbow

Plus shout

V Huddesfield  - done next to nothing & should have been red carded for a pathetic elbow

Lol

Have a look at his stats from Saturday. We defend now from the front and he is an integral part of that. I thought Skipp was amazing but to be fair the only stat he beat Cantwell on was passing % accuracy. 
And before you say stats, rubbish this and rubbish that, it’s the first thing scouts look at these days and how most of players ( Bundeia  included ) are identified.

Sell neither of two of our BEST players. Loan out the excess talented new signings where needed to get a season in of regular 1st team football. Clear out the genuine dead wood. Squad levels down to a more manageable level but with enough strength in depth to remain competitive and avoid a repeat of last seasons injury crisis.

Not rocket science whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Plus shout

Have you ever even watched football before?

If so you'd know Cantwell's ability.

You'd also probably know its Vrancic, not Vrantic.

Obvious binner is obvious.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Have you ever even watched football before?

If so you'd know Cantwell's ability.

You'd also probably know its Vrancic, not Vrantic.

Obvious binner is obvious.

Watched most matches from 1976 - back to the Ken Foggo days

Sad your only response is nasty towards a long term supported of NCFC - shame on you

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Can't take any of what you write seriously after the Cantwell comment. Obvious troll.

I think that’s it in short, CW 👍

Can’t take anyone seriously who would remotely consider actually wanting to sell our best talent. What you sell are the ones who won’t make the grade in the Premier League, not the ones that will. If we want to get promoted and stay promoted we need to add to the quality, not subtract from it.

Sad your only response is nasty towards a long term supported of NCFC - shame on you

With respect, your ideas on the selling fee for Todd Cantwell are also from 1976.

• Like 3

When Cantwell first appeared I didn't think he'd make it. Too slow & weak. I'd have taken a couple of million for him.

He's been a revelation. Last season a real player emerged. And to score & assist like he did in the team we had was outstanding.

Anyone who thinks he's now less than a £20m player wants his bumps felt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doomcaster said:

NCFC will sell/off load free/loan a few more players - as we are way too heavy within the squad

If Buendia can get his head together with Farke - he is the best player we have in creating chances in the Championship - stats with him in the team and we win matches are outstanding (Championship)

I would sell Cantwell for any cash over £5m - just cash in whilst he has some value

Just my opinion ...

Hi Doomcaster, I heard your house is for sale, how much is up for? I will pay you double. 

37 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

hahahaha

If you think Webber will sell Cantwell this summer or in January for less than £10m you must have been huffing on something.

I hope I never make a statement that leads BY&G to break character like this. That really does put into perspective the gravity of these comments.

I can't see Cantwell being sold for less than £20m IMO, COVID has knocked down the fees somewhat but anything less than that would be disappointing. Anything around the £5m mark would be downright ridiculous and would probably ignite an inquest.

FWIW, we should definitely value keeping Buendia over Cantwell (if we are forced to lose only one of the two). He shades it for me as the better talent but also operates on that right-hand side, where we can only shoehorn less natural players in without him. Cantwell on the other hand operates on a position we are well stocked in.

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I hope I never make a statement that leads BY&G to break character like this. That really does put into perspective the gravity of these comments.

I can't see Cantwell being sold for less than £20m IMO, COVID has knocked down the fees somewhat but anything less than that would be disappointing. Anything around the £5m mark would be downright ridiculous and would probably ignite an inquest.

FWIW, we should definitely value keeping Buendia over Cantwell (if we are forced to lose only one of the two). He shades it for me as the better talent but also operates on that right-hand side, where we can only shoehorn less natural players in without him. Cantwell on the other hand operates on a position we are well stocked in.

There aren't many things that trigger me, but under appreciating Todd Cantwell is one of them.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Not sure I believe you.

34 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

If you watched Kenny Foggo in 1976 you must have had a time machine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, hogesar said:

For those interested...

cantwell.png

Yes I was quite shocked when I looked at the actual stats, Cantwell was the best on the pitch in several areas, including duels won, tackles won and headers won.