Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

FIVE red cards given out in PSG match

I'm sure the clip will be on Youtube soon, but this was some peak fight club stuff. Every card in the 90+ minutes too.. Fifteen yellow cards too.

psg.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend Iwan said:

All started following a racist comment made towards Neymar, apparently.

You mean ‘allegedly’, and that’s no excuse for violence.

Tell the ref, walk off the pitch, make a stand definitely, but start a mass brawl with millions of impressionable people watching and then further millions watching retrospectively? Any meaningful point is lost in the idiocy of the subsequent actions.

Disgraceful behaviour all round

• Like 2

Load of nonsense. We’d better hope our impressionable kids never go into their school playgrounds or we’ll end up with a generation of violent criminals🙄

I think I remember a league game in English football where 7 players got sent off. I think it was somewhere back in the 2006-2009 era, and after the 7th red the referee abandoned the game. Unsure

• Like 1

I watched it expecting something a bit more interesting than the normal pushing/shoving...

Shock/horror, footballers rolling around in agony after barely being touched. Pathetic. 

Not that the referee was wrong to send the players off.

Gonzalez is alleged to have racially abused Neymar by calling him a monkey. If proven, he should carry the longest suspension of all the players involved.

Edited by HertsCanary93

25 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I think I remember a league game in English football where 7 players got sent off. I think it was somewhere back in the 2006-2009 era, and after the 7th red the referee abandoned the game. Unsure

I know there was the Battle of Bramall Lane, with old Colin W in charge of Sheffield, but there may have been another one.

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

I know there was the Battle of Bramall Lane, with old Colin W in charge of Sheffield, but there may have been another one.

Tried to look it up on Google but couldn’t find any that seemed to match. Saw the Battle of Bramall Lane - didn’t fit as I was only a kid back then and not taking any notice of other games. Also thought I was watching Soccer Saturday or Final Score at the time it happened - back then I was only listening with my Dad to our games on Radio Norfolk

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Load of nonsense. We’d better hope our impressionable kids never go into their school playgrounds or we’ll end up with a generation of violent criminals🙄

School playgrounds that are full of, erm, school children. A football match being played by adults (and children’s heroes) on a world stage in a professional, (supposedly) organised competition....

never mind, that I’m even having to explain my comments 😔

I absolutely resent Neymar , disgusting little %*£+¨.... PSG are a horrible club... So I never watch a single game they are involved in

• Like 1

I was hoping someone would stick a proper right hook on that prat. And as for this "impressionable kids" malarkey, that sounds like a parental cop-out and not an argument I could remotely take seriously. If you're complaining about footballers being role models and not using it as examples of how not to behave, then that's lazy at your end. Professional sportspeople are role models in terms of dedication to their craft. If they happen to behave wonderfully at all times then splendid, but I'm not going to be that critical of them if the pressures of competition make them act out a bit.

Used to referee junior matches back in the late 1990s / 2000s and heard all this pearl-clutching when Cantona stuck a size ten in on that fan. "Oh, but tink of dee keedees"... I never saw a single kid stamp on another player after that. I saw bloody tons of upturned collars and kids whacking set pieces saying "au revoir" as per that old Nike ad. Not saying that kids don't imitate stuff as they certainly do, but some things are so bloody stupid it shouldn't need that much parenting to tell them "just don't do that, OK?"

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

School playgrounds that are full of, erm, school children. A football match being played by adults (and children’s heroes) on a world stage in a professional, (supposedly) organised competition....

never mind, that I’m even having to explain my comments 😔

Doesn't change the fact it was a bit of handbags and that kids will see worse between their pals in the playground. As I said, the whole incident was a load of nonsense. 

To be honest, the fact that the ref flashed 5 reds for pretty minor instances will surely teach the poor little mites that violence - however minor -  is treated with zero tolerance in football and will know not to react in a similar fashion? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Doesn't change the fact it was a bit of handbags and that kids will see worse between their pals in the playground. As I said, the whole incident was a load of nonsense. 

To be honest, the fact that the ref flashed 5 reds for pretty minor instances will surely teach the poor little mites that violence - however minor -  is treated with zero tolerance in football and will know not to react in a similar fashion? 

Wasn't even a proper brawl. Think my exes have had more handbags combined. Oh, someone might have kicked out a bit. Whoop-dee doo dah. As far as I'm concerned, if no-one's taken a flush hit in the kisser somewhere and punches aren't flying then it's not really a brawl.

Ref's always in a horrible position right there. If teams aren't interested in playing football and are more interested in petty squabbling then there's only so much you can do. The infamous Netherlands / Portugal game in the Euros when Valentin Ivanov showed four reds and hell knows how many yellows was a great example as he got pretty much all of them right. As ever, Blatter was talking **** about his performance.

I've had to throw a harder right to make a dent in Mother's custard. Then they started kicking. 

Its very irresponsible of Neymar not to use the accepted protocol, if the incident happened.

At face value, its sour grapes by PSG.

7 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I recall the game, I believe it involved Sheffield Utd, when Warnock was the manager. 

3 minutes ago, City fan said:

I recall the game, I believe it involved Sheffield Utd, when Warnock was the manager. 

Some of those weren't red cards. The Battle of Bramall Lane between Wolves and Sheffield United saw three red cards for a Warnock-managed Sheffield United, but they were reduced to six players when two went off injured - including former Canary Robert Ullathorne.

22 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Some of those weren't red cards. The Battle of Bramall Lane between Wolves and Sheffield United saw three red cards for a Warnock-managed Sheffield United, but they were reduced to six players when two went off injured - including former Canary Robert Ullathorne.

Edited by HazzaJet

23 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I seem to recall that one of the teams was Sheffield United, it’s just when I found about the Battle of Bramall Lane it seemed far too early in my time as a Canary to fit the bill - I was only a kid back then, not taking any notice of other teams, and too young to even be following us like I do now. I think I must have been told about that game later on in my life

I think it embarrassing that players get sent off for that. In Rugby, the ref would just pull the captains to one side and tell them to sort themselves out and everyone would just carry on. It's pathetic.

• Like 1