Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Skipp and Quintilla

Very impressed with those two today. Think Skipp is going to be a revelation this season and just what we lacked in the middle of the park last season. Quintilla was cool, calm under pressure and showed  he can take a good set piece. Looks an encouraging, intelligent signing. 
I also think Placheta is going to be very important weapon in this league.

• Like 5

Placheta just screams "counter-attack weapon". Quintilla's set pieces did stand out. I do wonder, considering the bloody size of Zimmermann in particular, why we couldn't get more corners on his head!

Although I can’t tell about his defending yet, Quintilla looks like he could be deadly with set pieces. Skipp also did very well and a shame we don’t have him with an option to buy at the end of the season. Think both could play a huge part for us this season

Although he didn’t really do anything, think Placheta could be another Hernandez - one to start, one on the bench as they both have great pace in them

Edited by HazzaJet

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Let's hope that he keeps on taking them when Emi is back in the side.

Emi seemed more excited about what was happening at Atletico today than Nodge winning on the first day of the season, so I kind of got the distinct impression that he may not be back playing in the yellow shirt for much longer, if at all. Hope I’m very wrong though! Next weeks line up will be interesting for sure. 

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Emi seemed more excited about what was happening at Atletico today than Nodge winning on the first day of the season, so I kind of got the distinct impression that he may not be back playing in the yellow shirt for much longer, if at all. Hope I’m very wrong though! Next weeks line up will be interesting for sure. 

What makes you think emi was more excited about athletico than us.

31 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

What makes you think emi was more excited about athletico than us.

Just the feeling I got from his social media posts. He’s usually quite vocal about us around match days with the usual sort of stuff like ‘great result today!’ etc, so I’d have thought if he was thinking of sticking around this season then he’d be sharing his delight at our opening day win, but I could see no mention. He may have since posted something about it but I’ve not seen anything. I guess it’s that time of the year when you’re looking out for any little clues, and of course I could be reading too much into it in fairness, but personally I thought it was quite telling and not like Emi at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

It was noticeable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

It was noticeable. 

I’m pleased I’m not the only one who spotted this. With Emi having being linked for some time with Atletico, naturally people will put 2 and 2 together - a players social media can inadvertently give quite a lot away at times. 

Being realistic, if you were focused on your club, your team mates, and the new season ahead, would you really want to have Palace v Southampton on TV at the same time as watching us? I don’t think so...

21 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m pleased I’m not the only one who spotted this. With Emi having being linked for some time with Atletico, naturally people will put 2 and 2 together - a players social media can inadvertently give quite a lot away at times. 

Being realistic, if you were focused on your club, your team mates, and the new season ahead, would you really want to have Palace v Southampton on TV at the same time as watching us? I don’t think so...

One of his closest friends, Luis Milla, plays for Granada who were playing against Athletico. It was Milla’s debut and he scored - can understand why Emi was excited for his friend. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

One of his closest friends, Luis Mills, plays for Granada who were playing against Athletico. It was Milla’s debut and he scored - can understand why Emi was excited for his friend. 

That makes sense, certainly, Bethnal. And I could well be barking up the wrong tree on that particularly front. However, the main point is that it doesn’t account for his low key, or even, non existent reaction to his team getting up and running on the first day of the season. Anyone who follows Emi on social media will know he’s generally quite vocal about us before and/or after a game as explained above. No mention yesterday therefore will naturally raise some questions.

Whilst it was definitely encouraging from both Quintilla and Skipp (Skipp MOM for me), it is too early to get too excited. Let's not over hype them, exactly like we did with Idah when he scored a hattrick in a reserve team cup game and then got disappointed with his subsequent starts. They appear to be good acquisitions but if we over hype them, it will only increase the chance of disappointment. Definitely promising though.

Skipp is obviously more skilled than Alex or Kenny. I noticed his control of some difficult balls and it was very good.

That split second of control can be so crucial and I look forward to seeing what he can do as we settle in.

Quintilla's willingness to cross the ball deeper was also promising.

10 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Whilst it was definitely encouraging from both Quintilla and Skipp (Skipp MOM for me), it is too early to get too excited. Let's not over hype them, exactly like we did with Idah when he scored a hattrick in a reserve team cup game and then got disappointed with his subsequent starts. They appear to be good acquisitions but if we over hype them, it will only increase the chance of disappointment. Definitely promising though.

Being pedantic, Idah only had 1 start after his hattrick. I certainly wasn’t disappointed with his performances after that-he looked more likely to score after the restart than Pukki or Drmic.