Sign in to follow this  
Michael Wynless Jones

Ref apologised to Farke

Doesn't really matter what the ref says after the game does it.

Like when opposition managers say how good we are and we should keep playing the way we do, after taking three points off us.

Doesn't mean anything. 

Nice to hear. Referees often get criticism for not admitting their schnitzers, so you have to say fair play to him there. Besides, if you're in doubt on penalties, it's less controversial to say "no".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Nice to hear. Referees often get criticism for not admitting their schnitzers, so you have to say fair play to him there. Besides, if you're in doubt on penalties, it's less controversial to say "no".

Agree with you there. It’s best for a ref to only give a penalty/red if they’re certain, and although he denied us 2 penalties, I also thought he could have sent Cantwell off for his aerial challenge. At least the ref had the decency to apologise

• Like 1

I mean he was a poor ref and had we not scored im not sure we would have been taking much comfort from him telling us he was rubbish.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

Agree with you there. It’s best for a ref to only give a penalty/red if they’re certain, and although he denied us 2 penalties, I also thought he could have sent Cantwell off for his aerial challenge. At least the ref had the decency to apologise

I think he should have sent Stearman off for his challenge on Idah as he scored.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

I think he should have sent Stearman off for his challenge on Idah as he scored.

Idah took the hit well.

I give top marks to Stearman for his commitment to get there and try and block Idah, but yeah that should have been a red card.