My ifollow didn't start till the 12th minute and thereafter the commentary was 30 seconds behind. I shall be asking for a full refund on the basis that I didn't get the full match that I paid for. I suggest everyone does the same and refuse a credit. It won't get better unless we complain. 

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

Fantastic quality. 

Zero buffering at all. 

Perhaps get a decent pc and Internet connection. 

I had 720p quality and no buffering. But the audio was a few seconds behind. Be good if they sorted that out

• Like 1

I must say the commentary made playing behind closed doors even weirder. Took me 5 minutes to catch on though lol, thought that happened a while ago.

Also as it’s behind you can’t have Sky Sports on anywhere as it is a minute ahead, so they say things that haven’t even happened yet lol.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My ifollow didn't start till the 12th minute and thereafter the commentary was 30 seconds behind. I shall be asking for a full refund on the basis that I didn't get the full match that I paid for. I suggest everyone does the same and refuse a credit. It won't get better unless we complain. 

They do refund if you're persistent. 

I wasn't even able to access it from overseas, even though the game should've been available. I sent two emails which still haven't been responded to and started four live chats, which all disconnected before an operator responded.

Luckily, I found a very good quality stream which gave me no issues.

The product on iFollow is dreadful and I think the customer service is even worse, so it'll be interesting to see how lucky you are in getting refunds.

50 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Fantastic quality. 

Zero buffering at all. 

I have top quality equipment and a download speed of 60?. It didn't work till the 12th minute and after that I had to turn off the sound. You're lucky if it worked for you

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

>paying for a football stream in 2020

Imagine supporting your club in the middle of a pandemic when their income has been slashed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willmeister said:

Imagine supporting your club in the middle of a pandemic when their income has been slashed.

I pay a season ticket for games I’m not going to I’m pretty sure I’m doing my bit

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I have top quality equipment and a download speed of 60?. It didn't work till the 12th minute and after that I had to turn off the sound. You're lucky if it worked for you

I’m really sorry you had a poor experience but I was watching on iFollow and found it really good. The commentary was a few seconds behind but the picture quality and stability etc were spot on. I’ve emailed them asking for an option to turn the radio audio off though as I couldn’t hear Farke’s post-match interview as Canary Call was still going over the top.

Anyone who was paying attention to ifollow when the Championship resumed under Project Restart would have clocked that a significant number of clubs instantly realised that it wasn’t fit for purpose, served notice and started to make their own arrangements.

I gather that NCFC are similarly minded but the logistics behind the reset mean NCFC fans will have to endure the pain for a little while yet. 

Edited by GMF
Typo

38 minutes ago, Downloads said:

I've got a 350mb connection and multiple devices, i got 2 frozen frames and that was that.

What's a mb? you must mean MB?

Trained as an electronic tech , m is for milli  , M is for mega. Pedantic I know . 👍😇😉

10 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Fantastic quality. 

Zero buffering at all. 

What an annoying twerp you are.

Care to explain why iFollow gave me black screen for all but 3 minutes but I managed to watch an illegal stream perfectly fine at "fantastic quality" and with "zero buffering at all"? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Care to explain why iFollow gave me black screen for all but 3 minutes but I managed to watch an illegal stream perfectly fine at "fantastic quality" and with "zero buffering at all"? 

clearly you are unable to name that stream on this platform, but the one I usually use was perfect for the first 45 but suddenly (and unusually) started buffering to the extent that I had to give in.

I tried a couple of alternatives but they were no better. From what I have read about IFollow it doesn't seem to be much good yet and going illegal still seems to be the best bet for the most part. Besides, my chromebook doesn't accept it, or vice versa. Might use the PC if things improve.

I would rather pay (and be assured that a good portion goes to the club) than weave my way around the trickery of illegality.

I did try NOW tv, but it was poor for the price and believe it to be mostly PL games in any case.

Something will have to evolve if this fan free situation goes on for much longer, as seems highly likely. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I would rather pay (and be assured that a good portion goes to the club) than weave my way around the trickery of illegality.

That's why I paid a tenner in the first place, but not going to bother again until the club ditches iFollow like some other clubs have.

I may give iFollow one more shot in the future, but only if they aren't awkward about returning my tenner from this game.

Its a lot of money to pay for a stream of a second tier football game considering their are going to be 46 this season, Eddie Hearn's PPV nights are £25 and that's a good few hours of entertainment with at least one elite level fight, I think its reasonable to expect that for a tenner the stream works perfectly the majority of the time. 

They've had years to sort that platform out now, loads of problems last season with Championship games. Should sack whoever they have in charge of their infrastructure and poach somebody from Netflix to fix it, otherwise more clubs will ditch them (think its 11 clubs and counting to have ditched ifollow). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm not very tech-savvy, but my mate fixed my problem for me. I was getting black screen constantly, despite refreshing every few minutes. My mate suggested pressing Ctrl+F5 rather than just F5, and that sorted the problem. Stream was pretty flawless after that, just a couple of minor buffers. Annoying that the commentary was several seconds behind, though.

No buffering here but my mate said he had to watch on his phone because computer kept freezing.

On a different note, I put up with the drivel on Radio Leeds for the whole game. During the post match interviews I went into the settings to see if I could mute the radio coverage and noticed the option for 'Home' or 'Away' radio station. 🤣

12 hours ago, Downloads said:

If you want to be pedantic surely you mean Mb/Mbps, not MB   😉

Well spotted glad you're paying attention, the best way to learn is through discovery.

19 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm not very tech-savvy, but my mate fixed my problem for me. I was getting black screen constantly, despite refreshing every few minutes. My mate suggested pressing Ctrl+F5 rather than just F5, and that sorted the problem. Stream was pretty flawless after that, just a couple of minor buffers. Annoying that the commentary was several seconds behind, though.

That's very useful trick Wolfo, and I find that if I hard refresh (Ctrl+F5)  several times during injuries etc my computer latches onto a stable server. Another useful trick is to go to advanced settings before watching, and clear cache only. Not 100% on why this works but it can really enhance the stability of what you are streaming.

1 minute ago, Downloads said:

I guess every day is a school day for you then.

Absolutely, the moment you stop learning, is the moment you start dying.

• Like 1

Just nipped into TWTD to see how iFollow worked for them - and it didn’t! Numerous posts about blank screens, no sound, ten minutes behind etc etc. Doesn’t bode well for next Sat with 20, 000 trying to watch the Preston game.

Worked ok for me once I found how to get in lol, buffered twice for a few seconds and the commentary was 10 secs behind but picture was good. Lots of fans couldn't get anything though which is a shame