kick it off

Norwich vs Huddersfield - OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Dowell a little bit wasteful going forwards, final ball has let him down a couple of times.

Good to see he's been given Todd's Alice band this season though 🤣

Oh dear

That was very ordinary.

Nobody to put their foot on the ball or pick a pass. Lots of huff and puff. Zero quality. 

We need someone creative in midfield and I don’t believe there’s even an option on the bench? Unless we’re just going to go direct later with Hugill and Placeta on.

A decent first half considering it's the start of a new season, controlled the game since around the 15th minute just lacking that bit of quality in the final third.

Agree with the rest on here that Skipp and Hernandez have been our best players so far, also it's nice to see Zimmermann and Godfrey getting forward a bit more at times.

Bring on placheta already. But hey, at least a clean sheet right? Beacaue I'm really struggling to find any positives. I mean christ, Huddersfield shipped more goals than any other team last season and yet we still cant shoot straight

Least hernandez is looking tasty

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

For those not watching it's a continuation of last year basically. For a passing, attacking team we are shockingly poor at keeping the ball and moving it around and creating chances. Nothing in midfield to provide Pukki with chances but solid in defence. Star players from that half were Quintilla, Godfrey, Aarons and Skipp. 

I am so disappointed with Cantwell, Hernandez, McLean and Dowell. Not anywhere close to good enough. They need to buck up their ideas very quickly or we could very easily find ourselves behind to a team that will finish near the bottom of the Championship. 

The only positive I can see is, whilst still too early to judge,  it appears promising that we may finally have a defensive midfielder who can both tackle and pass.

Huddersfield actually created the better chance but didnt have anyone on the spot. If we aren't going to play to Pukki's strengths then try Idah or Hugill.

Solid at the back. Skipp best player. Looking lopsided up top. Cantwell or Dowell replaced by placheta please 😁

I missed the first half, reading these comments though it sounds like we've had an absolute shocker.

32 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is there a way to turn off the Radio Norfolk commentary on iFollow when watching the match video? Its driving me potty.

Put your device / TV on mute, that’s what I did as Radio Norfolk 20 seconds behind.

Also someone had sky sports on in the other room, had to switch that down as iplayer about 2 minutes behind sky sports.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Just seen that Rhodes has scored for Sheffield Wednesday. 

If only...

They have never rated him, but have gotten rid of pretty all their strikers apart from him and guess what. Goal.

Don't forget this is the  first game for Huddersfield's manager who was Bielsa's coach before. He will have set the team up well. Just hope we can bring on some pace and really come into the game later in this match.

Edited by sonyc

Attacking mids looking a little wooden so far, which is why we haven't quite been at it in an attacking sense. The good news being that in general we look as solid as in we have in 2 years in terms of defensive structure, without Tettey playing.

Got the hallmarks of one of those 'promotion contenders find a way to conjure a win' sort of games where an outstanding individual piece of play will win it for us. Where's Emi? 🤣

5 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Solid at the back. Skipp best player. Looking lopsided up top. Cantwell or Dowell replaced by placheta please 😁

It’s not the 88th minute yet

• Like 2

Well everyone moaned about how we leak too many goals so people should be happy first and foremost to see us pretty defensively sound.

Standard first game of the season when integrating new players. Some good moments, some poor give aways of the ball. Look better than Huddersfield though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I missed the first half, reading these comments though it sounds like we've had an absolute shocker.

I wouldn't say that; it's just been a tad dull. Same for both sides tbh although I'd say we were slightly better than them.

Need to kick it up a gear or two.

OTBC

• Thanks 1

It's an away game at the start of a season with some new players against a team with a new manager. I'll take 0-0 all day.

Tedious stuff so far but I think we have found our level. Final ball is always lacking. Really missing Emi. Pukki not had a sniff.

8 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Placenta isn't on the bench...